Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2014, 12:23 PM   #1111
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyride View Post
Finally got around to installing the MM10 light kit. Great product, fairly easy install, and a great price with quick customer service.

Looks great

Thanks for taking the time to post up your thoughts and pics.

-Brian
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:25 PM   #1112
K7TNT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 196
Good news bad news

Anyone else get water inside one of the mm10 lights? I rode for an hour and a half in the rain. After I was home and looking at the bike, I noticed water inside the lens of one of my mm10 lights. I ended up opening it up to let the water out. the good news: yes, with 1/3 of water inside, the light still works! the bad news is the lens has a very thin outside rim. On this one light the rim looked cracked and came apart that let the water inside. So Brian can I get a new lens for my mm10? Thanks Richard
Old 09-01-2014, 11:01 AM   #1113
markgsnw
WTF?

Oddometer: 3,589
I've ridden in the rain a fair amount, no water in the lights. Wonder if you have a defective seal?

2011 Moto Guzzi Norge 8V GT
markgsnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:42 PM   #1114
markgsnw
WTF?

Oddometer: 3,589
I've got a question: my lights are bronzing, and I want to repaint them before the weather turns. I've never painted over powder coating, so do I need to sand first? Prime? I'm planning on using a high temp Krylon.

2011 Moto Guzzi Norge 8V GT
markgsnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:57 PM   #1115
VietHorse
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,390
I am not good at this thing, but I saw many other provider mentioned about their lights' "lumens" or "Lux"
May you have it somewhere which I may have better comparison with others?

VietHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:09 PM   #1116
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rharrod View Post
Anyone else get water inside one of the mm10 lights? I rode for an hour and a half in the rain. After I was home and looking at the bike, I noticed water inside the lens of one of my mm10 lights. I ended up opening it up to let the water out. the good news: yes, with 1/3 of water inside, the light still works! the bad news is the lens has a very thin outside rim. On this one light the rim looked cracked and came apart that let the water inside. So Brian can I get a new lens for my mm10? Thanks Richard
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgsnw View Post
I've ridden in the rain a fair amount, no water in the lights. Wonder if you have a defective seal?
Sorry for the late reply. I was on the road/trail for the past few days with no internet.

Good news/Bad news - If you got rain in there it is the result of a bad seal (which is very uncommon) - this is an issue if the front of the light is removed (4 screws) as the rubber seal can get misaligned - That is why removing the front of the light voids the warranty. Best thing to do is send Kris an email - info@mondomotos.com and let her know you are having a problem, include your order number and she can look into getting it resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgsnw View Post
I've got a question: my lights are bronzing, and I want to repaint them before the weather turns. I've never painted over powder coating, so do I need to sand first? Prime? I'm planning on using a high temp Krylon.

Painting the lights wouldnt require any sanding - just be sure they are clean. I would recommend using some rubbing alcohol to wipe them down and they let them air dry before spraying - obviously taping up the lens is a good idea.

They do get a little hot so high temp paint is a good idea

Thanks,
-Brian
Old 09-03-2014, 08:13 PM   #1117
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by VietHorse View Post
I am not good at this thing, but I saw many other provider mentioned about their lights' "lumens" or "Lux"
May you have it somewhere which I may have better comparison with others?
I try to avoid the "lumens game" (as many, many overstate this greatly) and there is not a practical real world way of proving or disproving claims. I prefer to compare them to Halogen units instead as most people are familar with the output of say a 55w bulb or a 100w bulb. But if it helps they MM10's fit somewhere in the 900 - 1000 lumens range.

Thanks,
-Brian
Old 09-03-2014, 08:43 PM   #1118
VietHorse
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
I try to avoid the "lumens game" (as many, many overstate this greatly) and there is not a practical real world way of proving or disproving claims. I prefer to compare them to Halogen units instead as most people are familar with the output of say a 55w bulb or a 100w bulb. But if it helps they MM10's fit somewhere in the 900 - 1000 lumens range.

Thanks,
-Brian
Agreed.
There are several types and brands of LED light for motorcycle.
Let's take ClearWater as a reference.
Would you please make a comparison btw one of your LED with the Clearwater product, i.e. Erica?

VietHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:37 PM   #1119
K7TNT
Gnarly Adventurer

UPDATE: Not so good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rharrod View Post
I still have NO NEW LENs as of yet! Not looking so good. All I did was rode in the rain.
Old 09-14-2014, 10:24 AM   #1120
K7TNT
Gnarly Adventurer

Old 09-14-2014, 06:15 PM   #1121
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,139
Well I finally rode in the dark with these lights and they are honking bright. I little more scatter than I prefer, but still very bright.

My only question is are there lenses that are more spot light than flood light?

Happy with the lights so far.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:58 PM   #1122
K7TNT
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post
Well I finally rode in the dark with these lights and they are honking bright. I little more scatter than I prefer, but still very bright.
Yes very good light, So in the day time cars can see you coming!
My complaint is one of my lights has a cracked lens under the seal ring. So this will let water in. Did not know until water came in. This was a new light with only one trip in the rain. Good luck with yours.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:36 PM   #1123
Mikepotter86
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Dissapointed by fading.

I ordered my MM10s at the beginning of March and I have to say I am a little dissapointed with the way they have worn cosmetically.

In less than 6 months, the black lights, which looked great on my bike, have faded to a copper color, which stand out like a sore thumb on my bike.

I emailed Mondomotos and was advised that "cosmetic issues are not covered by any warranty, however I can recommend spray painting the light."

To be honest, I'm pretty unhappy with this response, and I am beginning to wish I'd gone with another provider.
Mikepotter86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:54 PM   #1124
chrishsu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikepotter86 View Post
I ordered my MM10s at the beginning of March and I have to say I am a little dissapointed with the way they have worn cosmetically.

In less than 6 months, the black lights, which looked great on my bike, have faded to a copper color, which stand out like a sore thumb on my bike.

I emailed Mondomotos and was advised that "cosmetic issues are not covered by any warranty, however I can recommend spray painting the light."

To be honest, I'm pretty unhappy with this response, and I am beginning to wish I'd gone with another provider.
Hum, very alarming! I just bought them about two months ago and installed them on my beautiful S1000RR. They look great now! When they fade to a copper color that will be really bad.

Mondomotos -- would you please help to rectify this issue?
04 DR650SE
chrishsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:06 PM   #1125
K7TNT
Gnarly Adventurer