ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Add the adjoining Virginia Counties to the Boundries
Yes 9 69.23%
No 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #2086
Woodenveins
Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 447
GRAB!

Woodenveins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #2087
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,209
That was quick!

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
Old 08-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #2088
Woodenveins
Adventure Rider

Too close to pass that one up. The next TAG should have RevBill jumping. I served here for 23 years, it was my home away from home, but now this is Bill's second home. If he doesn't get this one then his bike must be broke down on the side of the road getting another tire or tube change.

TAG #191

Old 08-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #2089
turtlemoye
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
That was quick!

Only took 40 mins. It takes me that long to post the damn pic.
turtlemoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:48 AM   #2090
Woodenveins
Adventure Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlemoye View Post
Only took 40 mins. It takes me that long to post the damn pic.
I still have to ride out, take a picture and get back home to load it. That's why I don't wonder too far away from home for this game, someone would probably get theirs on here before me even though I was there way before they was.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:58 AM   #2091
KingJarhead
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,875
Anyone have a good traffic lawyer to recommend? That's right I am a bad ass... Got me a $290 ticket in my cage. Yep, too dark window tint...court date and all.. Just passed inspection Friday for the 4th consecutive year since driving off the lot. Still got ticket.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #2092
turtlemoye
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJarhead View Post
Anyone have a good traffic lawyer to recommend? That's right I am a bad ass... Got me a $290 ticket in my cage. Yep, too dark window tint...court date and all.. Just passed inspection Friday for the 4th consecutive year since driving off the lot. Still got ticket.
That blows. Was it a state trooper? I got popped speeding on 52 a few years ago and also got charged for not wearing corrective lenses. The thing was I had had laser surgery years ago and didn't need to wear them anymore. I was reading signs a 100 yards away but he still gave me a ticket because my license said I required them. I deserved the speeding ticket but that guy was a hard ass.
turtlemoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:39 AM   #2093
KingJarhead
Beastly Adventurer

Yep State Trooper and said when he passed me at an intersection he noticed the tint. Only reason I was pulled.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:26 AM   #2094
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,209
Quote:
I'm no lawyer, but you should be able to get that reduced or thrown out on your own. A similar thing happened to me in Greensboro. I showed them that it passed inspection with the tint. I even had proof of when the tint was installed. Judge threw it out.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #2095
DEPARKER1817
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 606
Quote:
Yep State Trooper and said when he passed me at an intersection he noticed the tint. Only reason I was pulled.
Not worth hiring a lawyer. If you got all day represent yourself. I got ticketed for improper passing on the right. Just that it wasn't improper. I just started the pass when the lane was wide enough for my bike but not wide enough for a car. The cop was sitting across 3 lanes. He couldn't possibly see. Anyway I plead not guilty so they continued it to the next month. I took all kinda of pictures. Had charts and graphs and everything. Got to court. Me and one other guy was the only one pleading not guilty. They started hearing cases that where were trying to get the charges reduced and stuff like that. The cases ranged from traffic to more serious stuff. Came back after lunch and the one other guy that was pleading not guilty caved and changed his plea to guilty. I stood fast I believed I was innocent. It got down to the end of the day, about 5:00 and I was the only one left. The district attorney stood up and said the state would like to dismiss the charges against Mr Parker. The judge said charges against Mr Parker is dismissed, court is adjourned. I had asked a lawyer to take my case. He wanted $700
I found out later the cop did't show up.

DEPARKER1817 screwed with this post 08-13-2013 at 02:38 PM
DEPARKER1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #2096
Chad_NC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,742
State troopers are supposed to carry a tint card. I had a truck a while ago for a short time and wasn't sure if the tint was to dark or not. I saw a trooper in a parking lot and asked him about it. That's when he told me about the tint card. If he didn't use the card to check the tint it can be thrown out I believe. Most of them know what's to dark the guy told me but they are supposed to double check with the card.

You got this via Crapatalk
Chad_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:02 PM   #2097
CheapB
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 393
Quote:
speaking of hoodlums...

bummer on the ticket jarhead. I think you all should stop by the house this weekend for my annual "rally" and we could all help cheer jarhead up.

But seriously, if anyone is interested, drop me a pm and I'll shoot you my address. I have a few friends coming from a few diff states and just plan to ride, hang out, and just have a good time.
CheapB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #2098
BlackThunder
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Quote:
I was left with a warning in Virginia after the state trooper used his tint card. It failed for Virginia as it was allowing only 35% light and in Virginia it's 50%. You should be able to get your tint validated by a store and have that as proof in court.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
BlackThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #2099
KingJarhead
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackThunder View Post
I was left with a warning in Virginia after the state trooper used his tint card. It failed for Virginia as it was allowing only 35% light and in Virginia it's 50%. You should be able to get your tint validated by a store and have that as proof in court.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
The trooper put a meter on it, it scored a 14% out of 35%.
I have all the inspection sheets from the day I bought it at the dealer and by two different shops since I bought it.
I plan on spending all day in court.
After listening to him lecture me and question me about how "Dangerous it was to walk up to a car with tinted windows" then it went blah blah blah safety for the law enforcement official blah blah blah etc. Change professions was my only thought.
I am ready to sit in court all day and just waste my and his time.
Granted I will have the tint removed prior to court.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #2100
Woodenveins
Adventure Rider

It is suppose to rain the next three days so to keep you guys from looking all over the place this tag is located in Rockingham County, Madison, NC on the corner of Wilson St. and Decatur St. If any of you have ever heard of Fuzzy's BBQ it is only about a block away. Try not to get lost.