ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Add the adjoining Virginia Counties to the Boundries
Yes 9 69.23%
No 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #106
KingJarhead
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed S View Post
That spreadsheet is a great idea KingJarhead! Having the gps coordinates to paste into a map program makes it easy to locate the tags and plan a weekend trip to check out places I've never seen. If I was passing through a particular area, I could even "sort" by county or town and get several nearby tags to checkout while I'm there - how cool is that!
One suggestion - in addition to the "post" number, could you add the "page" number? I still haven't figured out how to search directly to a particular post# but it's easy to click on the corresponding page and scroll down to the tag pic.
Anyway, y'all keep posting all those interesting places and I might not be able to resist a ride out your way to grab one! .
Good Idea on the page #....I added it to the spreadsheet. It will make it a lot easier for searching. Thanks for the input.
I stole the idea from PCRider in the GSTOR, cant take the credit.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #107
RevBill
Irreverent Reverend

Oddometer: 2,104
Kewl ..

.. awesome job King .. looks great ..
RevBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:25 AM   #108
KingJarhead
Beastly Adventurer

I have also created a map of tags. There is a brief discription with each tag. If you would like any changes let me know.
Just click the map link on my signature, that should take you there.
Feed back, please.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #109
RevBill
Irreverent Reverend

Tagged .. The Enchanted Cottage next to Lewisville Roller Mill in Lewisville, NC.
More pics when I get home.

Sent from RevBill's iPhone using Tapatalk .. Ride Blessed y'all ..

Edit .. Had a nice ride down to the tag today .. got to stop off and visit with an old friend of mine .. then off to Lewisville for the tag .. here's a couple more shots ..

The Cabin ..

The Lewisville Roller Mill ..

.. and another shot of the plaque ..

.. here's the best part .. I was getting low on fuel and I had noticed a station just up the road .. so I hit there and was sitting in the lot trying to decide where in the world to take this tag to .. and up rolled a red Duc .. the rider killed the engine and I heard "You Bruced Me!! .. Again!" .. lol .. and so I got to meet DEPARKER1817 .. great guy .. bought me lunch (after I stole his lunch money) and it was a gooood ride to the food joint too .. managed to get one of the cooks to take a shot of the guilty parties ..

Me on the left and PARKER on the right ..

.. and I had to get another one ..

.. it was a pleasure to get to meet you DEPARKER .. I hope we get to ride together again soon and often ..

.. for the rest of you hooligans .. that man can RIDE ! ! ! .. and he took it way-easy on me on the way to the diner .. turns out I Bruced him on the NC-TOR no long ago too .. so I have been served notice that I shall not do that again .. lol ..

.. really good food .. I should have marker it on my GPS but I was still trying to think of where the heck I was going to place the new tag .. so on the way home I had to think about it some .. and then I got an idea .. and those are rare .. lol ..

RevBill screwed with this post 01-10-2012 at 03:40 PM
Old 01-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #110
KingJarhead
Beastly Adventurer

Way to Go Rev

Breaking the rules...facing the wrong way in a "do not enter".... and parked in a walk way.....you rebel
Old 01-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #111
DEPARKER1817
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJarhead View Post
Way to Go Rev

Breaking the rules...facing the wrong way in a "do not enter".... and parked in a walk way.....you rebel
Yes I noticed. Rev is a hooligan and a breaker of rules. His grab should be disallowed. He Bruced me and stole my lunch money too.

................I backed in...............That's How I Roll

DEPARKER1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #112
KingJarhead
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Yes I noticed. Rev is a hooligan and a breaker of rules. His grab should be disallowed. He Bruced me and stole my lunch money too.

Alright DeP....our first Bruce

I did not know those fancy Eyetalian Motards had reverse...good to know

KingJarhead screwed with this post 01-10-2012 at 01:45 PM
KingJarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #113
RevBill
Irreverent Reverend

Tag #10 - A Timely Thing ..

.. I mentioned that I got to spend some time with one of my old riding buddies before I ran off to pick on my new buddy DEPARKER .. lol .. my old riding buddy is one of the last surviving watch-makers in the are, and I think the only one who is second-generation .. he sure knows his business and some really interesting places to visit in NC .. one of the things we always said we would do was try to find all of the Town Clocks that are still standing around the area .. he knows where many of them are and which ones are still working ..

.. so in honor of my buddy Jack .. AKA DrTicToc .. here's the new tag ..

.. to be clear .. the tag is the Town Clock ..

This clock is located in my (current) home town .. in the first tag you may notice the name of the (small) municipal building it sits in front of .. you really shouldn't need more clues than that ..

.. the road is a tad steep .. so use some caution when you park out front .. get as close as you can, though I understand if you are not able to get close .. I didn't wait for the spot to clear when I took my shot, so I don't expect you to either .. and lets face it, you can't pay the water bill on-line here, so you have to go downtown to pay yer bill unless you want to lick the stamps ..

.. oh yeah .. you don't have to lick stamps anymore .. gees .. progress ..

.. from the list Jack gave me .. this won't be the last one I track down and use as a tag drop either ..
Old 01-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #114
RevBill
Irreverent Reverend

.. LOL .. I knew I heard a backup alarm while I was getting gas .. I just didn't realize it was you ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEPARKER1817 View Post

Old 01-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #115
DEPARKER1817
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 606
The Best Part

The Best Part of Riding is the people you meet on the road. I had just grabbed the tag and headed off to get some gas for me and the bike. Went about 1/4 of up the road .............and there at a service station was a familiar looking Green KawaSokety. The rider was busy on the phone.
I pulled right up to him and said "You are Bruceing me, right now, aren't you ?" I get Bruced enough but this is the first time I got to see it.

One of these days if I keep trying I will get a Tag of my very on............in the mean time I was Blessed to meet RevBill. He is a gentleman and a scholar
Some of you lurkers get in on the fun
DEPARKER1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #116
lostmarbles
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,887
DEPARKER1817 i hope to get in on the fun before to long i tag'd alote when i was down to 4day work week but now i'm doing 6 day and it just hard to find the time

Don't tell me the skies the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Have you seen my marbles?
you can't be lost if you still have half a tank
save 5$ on smugmug.com coupon #----(DE9oGz4LoiNZA )
lostmarbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #117
KingJarhead
Beastly Adventurer

That is awesome, two inmates meeting while out tagging.

RevBill, that is cool you have a theme now for tags. I have been trying to think of long term theme.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #118
RevBill
Irreverent Reverend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJarhead View Post
That is awesome, two inmates meeting while out tagging.

RevBill, that is cool you have a theme now for tags. I have been trying to think of long term theme.
.. it was a very good day ..

.. love the map King .. looks great ..

.. I had forgotten the clock idea/theme until DocTicToc brought it up today and it kinda resonated .. though I have to tell ya .. I'm also hooked in the "Lost NC" thing too .. I guess the clocks fall into that category as well, since many have been forgotten and some are abandoned where they stand ..
Old 01-11-2012, 03:50 AM   #119
ggrjr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 954
Hey guys. Just a heads up, one of our own had his bike stolen Monday night. So keep an eye out in your travels.

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=452
http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....ostcount=17166

2005 DL 1000
93 VFR
ggrjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #120
KingJarhead
Beastly Adventurer

I am going out on a limb and saying "The tag is safe from me, today".....

But, tomorrow, I can not make any promises..