ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
Shadowist OP
FX Artist

Oddometer: 20
Question 2010 Yamaha WR250R stolen in Savannah, GA

Hey guys! I know it's hopeless, but I figured a thread might help a little bit.

My 2010 Yamaha WR250R was stolen in Savannah, GA over at Springs Apartments. I just moved there since I transferred to Savannah College of Arts and Design. I went home (New Jersey) for Christmas and left the bike locked with a heavy chain and covered it. My roommate came back and found that it was missing.

Neighbors are reporting that they saw the bike yesterday which means the incident happened within the past 24 hours. The manager is sifting through the camera feeds to find out who/what did it. They took the entire set up which leads me to think it's a couple of guys who know what they're doing. Probably came in with a truck, picked the entire bike up, and left. If I had any guess, they'll strip it for parts...which I wish them luck considering it was my first bike and made a couple of mistakes when it came to fitting things

Details: The bike has: a custom fitted seat, pro-taper bars, blue/black grips with grip heaters underneath, an MRA windscreen, a pair of bark busters, 3.0 gal tank, FMF power bomb header, FMF Q4 muffler, EFI Power Programmer, the old muffler heat shield zip-tied to the bottom half of the FMF Q4 (not shown), and a New Jersey plate (1LVT5) with no stickers (not required ). All installed by me...so installation cleanliness will be FAR from perfect since it's my first bike.

Here are some photos (still looking for a left side photo...for some reason I favor the right side : )

Shadowist is offline   Reply With Quote