He made it!!
Dekatria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #13127
rmarkr
Squatter

Oddometer: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwenduro View Post
Hallellujah! Tears of joy for momduro . . . .
Well done the Duro family!!
I feel for your days of anxiety, hope and, finally the joy of triumph. Just the formality of the finish.
rmarkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:31 AM   #13128
Jurassic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,029
Stan Watt in 46th, Laia in 41st.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #13129
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
I think he meant if interest took off.

whoops ya

should have read twice typed once

airborndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #13130
Carlos M
www.motoxplorers.com

Oddometer: 2,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackMule View Post
Oh boy. Sounds like he wasn't "lost", just off the route intentionally. He's got to get dinged for that. No way they'd not put some WP's up there.
dakar.com reported he was several kms astray of the day's route.

Is the corridor thing still in the rules

TRoy, please...

I guess Coma would not leave the WP behind, he knew he was only 1 hour ahead of Helder, he can add 40 to 45... it would be prefreable to limp in 1st to get the waypoint...

MotoXplorers.com
Carlos M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:37 AM   #13131
Kopromayor
kopromayor

Oddometer: 250
How it is possible the troubles of RG to be on 182km and to appear now in WP3 which is behind of 182?
Or I am missing something?
Kopromayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #13132
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 23,466
Highres pictures for media use: press.speedbrain.de (User: speedbrain password: press)

Dakar 2012, Stage 13
Nasca - Pisco
375 km in total, 275 km special test

Yet another top result

The penultimate stage of the Dakar 2012 provided one more strong result for the Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain. Joan Barreda and Paulo Goncalves finished not far behind today´s winner in what´s been the final demanding test of this year´s race.

Barreda and Goncalves were understandably aiming at a top score. They both delivered. Joan had closed in on Marc Coma soon after the start. But a small navigation mistake made him drop back for a little time. The talented Spaniard bounced back and then took command of the proceedings. He arrived at the finish in a well deserved fourth position.

Paulo Goncalves was just 33 seconds behind. The Portuguese earned fifth position on the day, after having made a minor mistake and still running with the front guys.

Jose Manuel Pellicer and Zé Hélio were having fun on the ride from Nasca to Pisco. The dunes and landscape proved fascinating and very challenging in terms of navigation.

Everything okay was the summary of the team ahead of the final stage. The Dakar 2012 ends tomorrow in Lima.
The Peruvian capital will be reached after 245 km of connecting stage and a very short special test (29 km).
Then it´s time to celebrate.

1. Helder Rodrigues (POR) Yamaha, 3:21:16 hrs 2. Cyril Despres (FRA) KTM, 0:47 min behind 3. Jordi Viladoms (SPA) KTM, 3:00 4. Joan Barreda (SPA) Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain, 5:13 5. Paulo Goncalves (POR) Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain, 5:46 25. Jose Manuel Pellicer (SPA) Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain, 20:24 32. Zé Hélio (BRA) Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain, 30:23

Overall standings

1. Despres, 43:01:54 hrs
2. Marc Coma (SPA) KTM, 11:03 min behind 3. Rodrigues, 1:11:27 4. Viladoms, 1:41:12 5. Stefan Svitko (SVK) KTM, 1:49:36 11. Joan Barreda (SPA) Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain, 3:37:32 19. Zé Hélio (BRA) Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain, 6:12:59 21. Jose Manuel Pellicer (SPA), Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain, 6:51:39 26. Paulo Goncalves (POR) Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain, 8:
Old 01-14-2012, 09:41 AM   #13133
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwenduro View Post
Hallellujah! Tears of joy for momduro . . . .
Stop it! every time you post my alergies flare up and I get all watery eyed!

BRING IT HOME NED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Of course the bike doesn't exist, this entire forum is here because the right bike doesn't exist but the right people do, and they make the trip anyway.
VxZeroKnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #13134
Cuttle
me? what?

Oddometer: 9,349
quick question (sorry I only have a few minutes - damn work!)

what happened to Luis?
Old 01-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #13135
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,648
Peterhansel finished?
larryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #13136
vulture
Scavenger

Oddometer: 114
GO NED!!!!!
vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #13137
gazoo
Wandering

Oddometer: 354
Woot NED!!!
gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #13138
michalCCR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flood View Post
Who the fuck cares?

I'll say it again: NEDURO HAS FINISHED the LAST PROPER STAGE of his FIRST DAKAR!

Shit, how cool is that?

Fuckin' COOL!!!
Congratz.
michalCCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #13139
kaia
team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer: 1,933
FB Photos

Pål Anders Ullevålseter

Marc Coma in action during the 13th stage of Dakar Rally from Nazca to Pisco, Peru on january 14th, 2012

Felipe Zanol in action during the 13th stage of Dakar Rally from Nazca to Pisco, Peru on january 14th, 2012

Cyril Despres in action during the 13th stage of Dakar Rally from Nazca to Pisco, Peru on january 14th, 2012
Old 01-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #13140
kaia
team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer: 1,933
KTM Racing linked this article...

from: http://www.monstersandcritics.com/sp...or-a-long-time

INTERVIEW: Lavigne: Dakar will stay in South America for a long time

Arica, Chile - There are no immediate plans for the Dakar Rally to return to Africa, race director Etienne Lavigne has told dpa in an interview.

'Returning is not in our minds. We have many plans for next year, but we cannot say anything beyond that the race will finish in Santiago de Chile,' Lavigne said.

The Dakar Rally is being held in South America for the fourth year in succession. The off-road endurance race took place in Africa from 1979 to 2007. It was moved to Argentina and Chile after fears of terrorist attacks in Mauritania led to a cancellation of the until then annual event in 2008.

The prestigious race stands before its last, most exciting stages en route to Lima, where participants are set to arrive Sunday.

'The competition will be fierce all the way to Lima,' he warned.

Lavigne highlighted the fact that the gaps in the overall standings between the top-placed contestants are very small.

'There is a lot of tension in the various categories. I think this edition looks a lot like what used to be the spirit of the race in Africa, and it is the toughest since we've been racing in South America,' he said.

Lavigne, who has been working on the Dakar Rally for 19 years, said the route this year had some particularly tough stretches, including San Rafael and Fiambala in Argentina and Copiapo in Chile. On Thursday, Peru became the 27th country to host the Dakar Rally in the race's history of over three decades.

'We feel that contestants are now very happy with the route,' he said.

Lavigne pointed out, as a further advantage, that the Dakar Rally has managed to make every stage a different chapter for participants, going through sand dunes, mountains, desert and snow.

On the down side, he mentioned the disqualification of US driver Robby Gordon, who races on pending an appeal, and the withdrawal of defending champion Nasser al-Attiyah of Qatar.

'With Nasser's exit we lost a lot, because he is a very nice man, he is a star of the Dakar. He is a great person and I hope he comes back next year,' Lavigne said.

Al-Attiyah had many technical problems with his Hummer and eventually withdrew from the race Tuesday.

Lavigne was less upset about another exit, that of Volkswagen. The German carmaker, after three successive victories with its Race Touareg, pulled out of the Dakar Rally to focus this year on their world rally championship premiere with the Polo.

'What do you think of the race now?' Lavigne said, to indicate that he finds the increased competition good for the race.

The Dakar Rally started on January 1 with 469 vehicles - cars, motorbikes, quads and trucks - in the Argentine seaside city of Mar del Plata. It is set to end Sunday in Lima.

Argentina host five stages. Chile held five more, although the one corresponding to the crossing of the Andes between the two countries had to be cancelled due to snow and was run in a convoy. Peru is to host the last four stages of this year's race.