ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > New Zealand
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 01:14 AM   #46
Box'a'bits OP
In need of repair
 
Box'a'bits's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Oddometer: 1,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie! View Post
Anyone want to go for a ride on Sunday?
Clint and I will be in town for the day before commencing our South Island invasion on Monday.
I will need to get my bike operational before I can commit to riding it...
__________________
My '91 R100GS thread is here
My Ride photos are here

It's just better when there's twins involved....
Box'a'bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:55 AM   #47
Mark_S
Fair Weather Faggot
 
Mark_S's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Kapiti NZ
Oddometer: 1,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie! View Post
Anyone want to go for a ride on Sunday?
Clint and I will be in town for the day before commencing our South Island invasion on Monday.
What did you have in mind?
__________________
These are the best days
Mark_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #48
justabum
n00b
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: New Zealand
Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie! View Post
Anyone want to go for a ride on Sunday?
Clint and I will be in town for the day before commencing our South Island invasion on Monday.

I won't know whether or not I have to work till later in the week, but otherwise I'm keen.

Just fitted a new back tyre, chain and sprockets. So need to get them muddy.
justabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #49
Rosie!
Little MissAdventure
 
Rosie!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Rotorua, NZ
Oddometer: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
What did you have in mind?
Not sure. We'll be trailering down , and have fresh-ish road legal knobblies, but I don't want to do anything too hardcore.
So, something firm-core, scenic and/or interesting. We've done the pram track; I've done ocean beach, Clint hasn't done it on a bike; Clint's done red rocks, I haven't.
Clint is away at the moment, so I haven't had a chance to ask him about what he wants to do. Hopefully they have the internet in Malaysia, and he'll be able to add his own comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box'a'bits View Post
I will need to get my bike operational before I can commit to riding it...
If you are bikeless we could always revert to mountain biking and indoor climbing so you don't feel left out
__________________
The road to hell is paved...
Rosie! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #50
pampaX
Gnarly Adventurer
 
pampaX's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Oddometer: 392
If i recall correctly Red rocks is not open on Sundays for motored traffic

plus is shortish ride, 40' in and out non stop ... well till the river anyway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie! View Post
Not sure. We'll be trailering down , and have fresh-ish road legal knobblies, but I don't want to do anything too hardcore.
So, something firm-core, scenic and/or interesting. We've done the pram track; I've done ocean beach, Clint hasn't done it on a bike; Clint's done red rocks, I haven't.
Clint is away at the moment, so I haven't had a chance to ask him about what he wants to do. Hopefully they have the internet in Malaysia, and he'll be able to add his own comments.



If you are bikeless we could always revert to mountain biking and indoor climbing so you don't feel left out
__________________
---

My G650X Challenge, Bike build thread on
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...7#post15320987
pampaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:03 AM   #51
Eddieb
Studly Adventurer
 
Eddieb's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: The Tron, New Zealand
Oddometer: 847
Yep, Red Rocks is Saturday or weekdays only.
__________________
05 DR650 - '67 Ducati 250 Mark 3 Narrow Case - 94 Beta Techno 250

www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz Free GPS tracks for New Zealand & more
www.FlyingtheChair.co.nz - NZ sidecar forums
Eddieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:04 AM   #52
clintnz
Trans-Global Chook Chaser
 
clintnz's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Rotoiti, New Zealand
Oddometer: 3,059
Yep, anything's good. A fang over to Ocean beach would be ace, as would another run in the mungatooks - maybe the reverse of what we did last time? ...Wozzat track up the top of the Akatarawa's? Odlins Rd? Is that sufficiently firm-core?

Cheers
Clint
__________________
'03 KTM 640 LC4 Enduro

The wilderness, the desert - why are they not crowded
.................................................. .....with pilgrims?
clintnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:15 PM   #53
Rosie!
Little MissAdventure
 
Rosie!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Rotorua, NZ
Oddometer: 435
Righto... executive decision time

We are going to Ocean Beach on Sunday. We'll have a lazy start time, because Clint and I haven't decided if we are arriving in Welly on Saturday night, or on Sunday morning.
Meet at Caltex Rimutaka at 11am. Caffeination and food in Featherston. Then Ocean Beach. And anything else we have time and enthusiasm for (bearing in mind that our gracious host will be home from around 6 ish, and we need to hassle him about the lack of CCA this year so don't want to be back too late after that).

Constructive suggestions appreciated. I'll even try to connect to the internetz tomorrow, so I can read them
__________________
The road to hell is paved...
Rosie! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #54
Box'a'bits OP
In need of repair
 
Box'a'bits's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Oddometer: 1,862
Hope the ride went well for you Clint & Rosie. Sorry I wasn't able to be there today - enough going on here that I couldn't get away. Hopefully someone from Wgtn came across to ride with you. Please post some photos when you get back so I can live vicariously...

Weather's looking patchy. Ocean Beach on a fine day can't be beaten. Pity it doesn't look like one of those.
__________________
My '91 R100GS thread is here
My Ride photos are here

It's just better when there's twins involved....
Box'a'bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #55
Mark_S
Fair Weather Faggot
 
Mark_S's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Kapiti NZ
Oddometer: 1,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box'a'bits View Post
Hope the ride went well for you Clint & Rosie. Sorry I wasn't able to be there today - enough going on here that I couldn't get away. Hopefully someone from Wgtn came across to ride with you. Please post some photos when you get back so I can live vicariously...

Weather's looking patchy. Ocean Beach on a fine day can't be beaten. Pity it doesn't look like one of those.
I was counting on you going as the Wellywood Representative - you slack turd
I'm too knackered to get on a bike today after yestardays little potter in the hills

hope they had a great time
__________________
These are the best days
Mark_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:18 AM   #56
Box'a'bits OP
In need of repair
 
Box'a'bits's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Oddometer: 1,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
I was counting on you going as the Wellywood Representative - you slack turd
My riding has been severely curtailed until at least RRRR in an effort to retain domestic harmony. I need to spend some more on Gus - but the dollars ain't there.

Had a go at getting Mandy's old Gilera up & running again. Got it starting on the kickstarter (it wasn't before). The magic button is dead. Loads of work to do though.
__________________
My '91 R100GS thread is here
My Ride photos are here

It's just better when there's twins involved....

Box'a'bits screwed with this post 02-19-2012 at 01:25 AM
Box'a'bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #57
igormortis
Beastly Adventurer
 
igormortis's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Moving further away from Wellington, New Zealand
Oddometer: 1,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box'a'bits View Post
My riding has been severely curtailed until at least RRRR in an effort to retain domestic harmony. I need to spend some more on Gus - but the dollars ain't there.
igormortis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #58
clintnz
Trans-Global Chook Chaser
 
clintnz's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Rotoiti, New Zealand
Oddometer: 3,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box'a'bits View Post
Hope the ride went well for you Clint & Rosie. Sorry I wasn't able to be there today - enough going on here that I couldn't get away. Hopefully someone from Wgtn came across to ride with you. Please post some photos when you get back so I can live vicariously...

Weather's looking patchy. Ocean Beach on a fine day can't be beaten. Pity it doesn't look like one of those.
You'll have to imagine this being typed by Rosie, I'm too lazy to log off and log back on again

Pablo came to the caltex to say hi, but otherwise we got to enjoy our ride in peace and quiet, without any annoying Wellington people

It rained intermittently all day, but was otherwise a good ride. The rain stopped every time I put on my magic rainsuit, so that was good
I'm sorting the photos right now. I might put some up later, or I might save them all for the ride report.
__________________
'03 KTM 640 LC4 Enduro

The wilderness, the desert - why are they not crowded
.................................................. .....with pilgrims?
clintnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:22 AM   #59
johnny moped
learner
 
johnny moped's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box'a'bits View Post
My riding has been severely curtailed until at least RRRR in an effort to retain domestic harmony. I need to spend some more on Gus - but the dollars ain't there.

Had a go at getting Mandy's old Gilera up & running again. Got it starting on the kickstarter (it wasn't before). The magic button is dead. Loads of work to do though.
johnny moped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:20 AM   #60
Mark_S
Fair Weather Faggot
 
Mark_S's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Kapiti NZ
Oddometer: 1,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintnz View Post
You'll have to imagine this being typed by Rosie, I'm too lazy to log off and log back on again

Pablo came to the caltex to say hi, but otherwise we got to enjoy our ride in peace and quiet, without any annoying Wellington people

It rained intermittently all day, but was otherwise a good ride. The rain stopped every time I put on my magic rainsuit, so that was good
I'm sorting the photos right now. I might put some up later, or I might save them all for the ride report.
the writing seemed far too coherent to be Clint so it had to be you anyway Rosie

the rain suit on = rain stopping gets old quick doesnt it

Sorry about not turning up again - its getting to be a habit
Hope you guys have a great holiday
__________________
These are the best days
Mark_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014