User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
andoulli OP
CAJUN

Oddometer: 2,114
T-800 Corbin on Order

Sorry, my search skills suck. Could not find any reviews yet on this new Corbin product here or anywhere else. Probably too soon for any info on the new T-800 Corbin seat. I ordered one a few days after they showed up on the Corbin web site. I may have it by Jan 20 or so. Anyone have one yet, or have one on order?
andoulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:59 AM   #2
Deek
Deek / AdVentureMan

Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoulli View Post
Sorry, my search skills suck. Could not find any reviews yet on this new Corbin product here or anywhere else. Probably too soon for any info on the new T-800 Corbin seat. I ordered one a few days after they showed up on the Corbin web site. I may have it by Jan 20 or so. Anyone have one yet, or have one on order?
Sure would like to hear your opion of the Corbin seat..............you ought to have it broken in by now, and some feedback would sure be appreciated.
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:39 AM   #3
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,269
Quote:
it has been discussed in the tiger 800 thread. not exactly sure what page.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:55 AM   #4
Deek
Deek / AdVentureMan

Quote:
I ordered a Corbin seat for my Tiger 800 yesterday. I'll report back in a few months. I think the most reviews I read where on the V-Strom forums.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:37 AM   #5
slider162
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
Loving mine!!! Spent six hours on it a couple weeks ago and had no problems at all.
slider162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:16 AM   #6
Deek
Deek / AdVentureMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider162 View Post
Loving mine!!! Spent six hours on it a couple weeks ago and had no problems at all.
Sounds good. I have been reasonally impressed with Corbin's customer service so far. I received a confirmation email within minutes of placing the order online, and got a call later that afternoon asking for clarification about something I'd requested. The only slight disappointment was the following day, when I got another email, this one another confirmation of my order plus the final cost with shipping ($55 to TN) and estimated shipping date (3-4 weeks). I had expected the shipping date would be closer to 2 weeks as their web page indicated for their "slow period" - winter. Still, I'm happy with my decision. I will be patient and give the new saddle 2000 miles to break in, which was also on their second email, even though their web page says 1500 miles! I think that web page needs an update, eh?
Old 11-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #7
slider162
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
Sounds good. I have been reasonally impressed with Corbin's customer service so far. I received a confirmation email within minutes of placing the order online, and got a call later that afternoon asking for clarification about something I'd requested. The only slight disappointment was the following day, when I got another email, this one another confirmation of my order plus the final cost with shipping ($55 to TN) and estimated shipping date (3-4 weeks). I had expected the shipping date would be closer to 2 weeks as their web page indicated for their "slow period" - winter. Still, I'm happy with my decision. I will be patient and give the new saddle 2000 miles to break in, which was also on their second email, even though their web page says 1500 miles! I think that web page needs an update, eh?
Mine came pretty quick. Closer to two weeks.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:21 AM   #8
3Putt
Is that a gimmie?

Oddometer: 592
Could we see some pictures please?
I'm imagine like all Corbins it's heavy?
How's the foot to peg ratio as appose to stock? I'd like more leg room.

Thanks.

2014 Super Tenere
3Putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:59 AM   #9
slider162
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Putt View Post
Could we see some pictures please?
I'm imagine like all Corbins it's heavy?
How's the foot to peg ratio as appose to stock? I'd like more leg room.

Thanks.
It is basically a work of art if you ask me. Probably a little heavier than the stock seats. As far as leg room, it is a "Custom" seat. You tell them what you want and they will make it. They are built to order, they don't just pull them off of the shelf and ship them. Sorry, still a little dirty from the last ride.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:07 AM   #10
Deek
Deek / AdVentureMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider162 View Post
It is basically a work of art if you ask me.....
I agree! Thanks for posting the photos. Looking forward to receiving mine from Corbin.