Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #91
codys
Lost in the Vizcaino

Oddometer: 1,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by geometrician View Post
Well I say we pick the most advantageous dates for a LC8 ride this summer, "centrally located" in Colorado for a giant meet & greet with CP

- Pikes Peak weekend? Or would tht be too much of a sideshow & not enough riding?

- Full Moon weekend?

- Moab or other National Parks?

I'm already letting the boss-man know... be prepared

Come on guys & gals, make some suggestions!

Westfest is july 26-29 in Woodland Pk, CO (aka Pikes peak) and RMAR is Aug 2-5 in Silverton,CO (aka best mountain riding ever). Moab is on fire at that time of year. Hot hot hot.

Cody
Old 01-08-2012, 06:36 AM   #92
cool dude
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
Cool2 Ouch

Sorry I missed this thread until now. Get well soon cp and thanks for all of your help in this forum and the HOW!
cool dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #93
Quietus
Mariner

Oddometer: 455
Welcome back mate.. I'm glad everything went fine... Have a speedy recovery and take it easy with the break in ;)

Cheers!!

Not all those who wander are lost..
KTM 990 Adv: "The Black Machine"
KTM 690 Enduro: "Agent Orange"
Quietus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #94
K2m

Oddometer: 2,242
Lucky me. Just saw this and it is looking like you are going to pull through...... Great News

I'm only 9 years younger CP. Funny how you start to worry about how your riding will meet it's end. It's hard to imagine living and not being able to ride.

In 79 I compounded my left ankle. A golden staph infection complicated recovery. In March last year I stepped of a forklift and broke through a pallet at work putting a sliver of wood through my old wound. It is not healing. If it gets out of control I could loose my ankle. Doctors have put me of work and I'm "nil by bike" I can not ware boots so I have not been able to ride for three months. It looks like I'm going to miss the start of this years vinduro racing season. That's at the end of Jan. I have already purchased my season pass for skiing 2012 June - Oct. There may be an op to remove an incompetent vein.

So from one inmate who's life is on hold to another who's life is on hold I'm wishing you a hart felt speedy recovery ....... Maybe we could have a race to get back on our bikes fully recovered........ Sorry Mate it's in the blood..... back to the Dakar
K2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #95
cpmodem
Orange Caveman

Oddometer: 7,103
Cry

Sorry to hear that you are not 100% brother. Keep on top of it we don't want another mate laid out. Keep us updated.
-cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSurfer View Post
But where are the photos and diagrams? I need toreplicate this on my unit and am half way into the repair...
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2m View Post
Lucky me. Just saw this and it is looking like you are going to pull through...... Great News

I'm only 9 years younger CP. Funny how you start to worry about how your riding will meet it's end. It's hard to imagine living and not being able to ride.

In 79 I compounded my left ankle. A golden staph infection complicated recovery. In March last year I stepped of a forklift and broke through a pallet at work putting a sliver of wood through my old wound. It is not healing. If it gets out of control I could loose my ankle. Doctors have put me of work and I'm "nil by bike" I can not ware boots so I have not been able to ride for three months. It looks like I'm going to miss the start of this years vinduro racing season. That's at the end of Jan. I have already purchased my season pass for skiing 2012 June - Oct. There may be an op to remove an incompetent vein.

So from one inmate who's life is on hold to another who's life is on hold I'm wishing you a hart felt speedy recovery ....... Maybe we could have a race to get back on our bikes fully recovered........ Sorry Mate it's in the blood..... back to the Dakar

-cp

DISCLAIMER: All observations made in this post are mine and based solely on my own anecdotal experiences, and may contain large doses of facetiousness. YMMV, of course. You are "on your own", and I take no responsibility if someone tries anything in this post and gets into trouble with the law, damages their person or property, or goes blind. Take everything you read or hear "anywhere" butt especially on the Web with a large dose of salt.

cpmodem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #96
vabuckaroo68
Gnarly!

Oddometer: 1,164
Hang in there. We'll say a prayer for you.
04 KTM 950ADV ~ "BEASTIE", '13 KTM 300XCW, '08 KTM 450XCR-W (selling), Husky 360WR/CR, Bultaco Frontera 250
vabuckaroo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #97
950TRANSALP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 794
Good to hear

You are doing better CP !

You have been a GREAT help to all of us here on the OC !

And no we don't need pics on this one thanks !!!
Old 01-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #98
ABYSS
KTM

Oddometer: 1,198
Thumb Old IRON runs best!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmodem View Post
I'm baaack. Well sorta. Just have my Droid right now. Just wanted to let you all know that I felt your prayers and good vibes during my latest down time for repairs. If I'd have known that I was going to last this long, I'd have done a bit more pm in the past. I tried but couldn't find a up to date HOW on my model so fixing myself wasn't working, though I tried to for a couple of days. Finally, I decided to go into an independent tech to let them have a go. They looked around and found an old repair manual and someone with access to a HOW. That covered my old model year (47).

Turns out that along with some TSB's that hadn't been done, I had a bad part that had to be removed. As we have found with our ninefiddys and nineties, it was a factory part that wasn't needed and just made the rest of me run bad, so they removed it (gallbladderectomy).

I still wasn't firing on both cylinders and had some intermittent flutter at certain throttle openings, so I had a different tech do some reprogramming of my ECU. Not sure, but I think he may have used a version of TuneECU.

Everything seems to be working well now. Starts on first try and idles smoothly. Haven't run it hard yet as the techs said to break back in fairly easy. Ha! Like I've ever followed that recommendation :-P I've got some long rides planned for the spring and summer so we'll see what kind of repair job they did.

Thank you all for the huge outpouring of wellwishes and prayers. I am truly overwhelmed and humbled. Seeyall on the trail.

-cp

GREAT NEWS

SO GLAD ALL IS WELL!

I like the idea of of a Live CPMODEM Meet & Greet.

I think the OC gang could round up funds and spring for lodging for him for a couple days and god knows there would be pleanty of us out there to make sure he doesnt go hungry!

Central Colorado is a great local. I say Salida that way can maybe utilize Hayduke & Bonnie's organization skills.
ABYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:19 PM   #99
cpmodem
Orange Caveman

Oddometer: 7,103
Laugh

Got commitments in Alaska in June and Texas in July. I'll be in Golden around Memorial Day. Maybe we can meet before or after.
- cp

-cp

DISCLAIMER: All observations made in this post are mine and based solely on my own anecdotal experiences, and may contain large doses of facetiousness. YMMV, of course. You are "on your own", and I take no responsibility if someone tries anything in this post and gets into trouble with the law, damages their person or property, or goes blind. Take everything you read or hear "anywhere" butt especially on the Web with a large dose of salt.

cpmodem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #100
BLUE(UK)
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,423
I've only just read this, Hope you get back to full throttle soon.
BLUE(UK) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:18 PM   #101
nomad guy
A legal alien

Oddometer: 811
Wow! just saw the thread...i am glad that things are starting to look better for you. Wishing you a full and fast recovery .

04 KTM ADV 950S GO!!!!!
09 KTM 690 ENDURO R
nomad guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #102
Head2Wind
MotorcycleMayhem

Oddometer: 2,524
Thumb Speedy recovery

Rest and Recover to Ride sir CPmodem.

Me and my GB parted ways early last year.... I feel for you, not so much fun.
Head2Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:04 AM   #103
keener
Speed changes you.

Oddometer: 925
Thumb

Quote:
I'm baaack. Well sorta. Just have my Droid right now. Just wanted to let you all know that I felt your prayers and good vibes during my latest down time for repairs. If I'd have known that I was going to last this long, I'd have done a bit more pm in the past. I tried but couldn't find a up to date HOW on my model so fixing myself wasn't working, though I tried to for a couple of days. Finally, I decided to go into an independent tech to let them have a go. They looked around and found an old repair manual and someone with access to a HOW. That covered my old model year (47). ...

-cp
I was cleaning up the bike with diesel (learnt that from you cp) and got into the carbs to replace the fuel inlet o-rings that I had cut by a razer blade from larger orings during my last trip 5000km away from home. I was reading the HOW this morning to familiar myself with disassembling the carbs to clean them up while I am there. Again I was admiring your effort cp.

Thinking of how much more difficult it would have been for me to do anything on the karoom have not had the access to HOW....I visited orange crush to see what is going on and I saw this thread. Reading the first post brought tears in my eyes...I am so glad you are planning new riders. Keep on riding and Thank you.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #104
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer: 7,804
Heal well, CP.

This is a good time to thank you for all the work and information you've given us through this board. There's not too many tasks I'm hesitant to tackle on my 950, and that's all down to you, mate!

Thank You!!
Old 01-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #105
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

Oddometer: 10,102
Quote:
I'm baaack. Thank you all for the huge outpouring of wellwishes and prayers. I am truly overwhelmed and humbled. Seeyall on the trail.

-cp

Haven't had the ectomy yet, but did have my ecu reprogrammed now and then since 1981. Not a biggie...

I noticed my suspension has been a little iffy lately, though. Guess not enough time on the dyno.

Good to hear you'll be back in the saddle soon enough.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote