Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #76
Powermel1
Adventurer in Training

Oddometer: 357
When ya comin ot Cenral Vic

Hye Nazz,

Good to hear you made it to Vic - State of Excitement , and you're OK despite the malfunction. When ya coming to Central Vic for a ride with the Chix here?

Mel.
William Orville Douglas
Powermel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:20 PM   #77
Turborob
Minimalist.

Oddometer: 539
Thumb

Shoot us a PM if you're in the Wodonga area - place to stay, room for the bike and a fridge with beer.

Travel safe.

Rob.
Turborob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:32 PM   #78
S-T-ruggling
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Hey Nazza,

I live just north of melbs, pm me if you are interested in going for a ride, on or off road. Im on holidays for the next 2 weeks and probably going to do a great alpine rd/the barry way ride at some point.

Another chix in the stix ride would be awesome!!!

Sarah
S-T-ruggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:10 AM   #79
gsd4me
90% bluff

Oddometer: 6,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazza View Post
got my foot stuck under the bike and bent the gear lever in. It was a tired mistake and a couple of guys lifted the bike up for me. Then I spent a while working out how to straighten the lever. I thought it was done and had a big rest but 50m down the road I found I couldn't get past 2nd gear so I had to do it again, this time in the sun.

Lucky you`re riding a `shitbox` DR, if you`d been on a quality bike like a Xchallenge you would have stuffed the selector shaft and would have had to remove the gearbox.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...uild+australia
gsd4me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:33 AM   #80
nazza OP
Trouble

Oddometer: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powermel1 View Post
Hye Nazz,

Good to hear you made it to Vic - State of Excitement , and you're OK despite the malfunction. When ya coming to Central Vic for a ride with the Chix here?

Mel.
Provided I haven't booked for Tassie I should be right for a Chix ride anytime. Looking at all the places in Vic I want to see I may be here past Easter And I love Melbourne!

Just keep in mind my bike is big and I am still very much at Snail Trail level. In the dirt I am slow and often quite nervous.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:35 AM   #81
nazza OP
Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turborob View Post
Shoot us a PM if you're in the Wodonga area - place to stay, room for the bike and a fridge with beer.

Travel safe.

Rob.
Mmm beer I have family in Wodonga (not close but should say hi) and I would love to have a look at yackandandah, where I lived for a bit as a youngster. It's definitely on my todo list. Cheers Rob
Old 01-08-2012, 01:36 AM   #82
nazza OP
Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-T-ruggling View Post
Hey Nazza,

I live just north of melbs, pm me if you are interested in going for a ride, on or off road. Im on holidays for the next 2 weeks and probably going to do a great alpine rd/the barry way ride at some point.

Another chix in the stix ride would be awesome!!!

Sarah
Hey Sarah
I am at Thornbury and probably will be on and off. I work my own hours so if you have an easyish ride planned I would be keen I am sure my daughter would love any chance to be rid of me for a couple of days.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:56 AM   #83
gsd4me
90% bluff

Oddometer: 6,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazza View Post
In the dirt I am slow and often quite nervous.

That pretty much describes my efforts as well.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...uild+australia
gsd4me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:58 AM   #84
nazza OP
Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSD4ME View Post
That pretty much describes my efforts as well.
Lucky I have a shitbox DR to pull me through
Old 01-08-2012, 02:10 AM   #85
V Twin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Hey Nazza,
There is the Celebration of Women in Motorcycling Rally being held at Yackandandah on the 27th of January till the 29th of January.

There is an organized ride on the Saturday with lunch at the Bridge Road Brewery Beechworth, then back to Yack for a show and shine, spit roast tea and a live band at the pub. The organizers have asked for photos of girls riding motorbikes as they are hoping to compile a book. We are camping at the Yack Holiday Park,

I am going up with some friends on the Thursday via Bruthen and the Great Alpine Rd arriving in Yack Thursday afternoon. Hubby is heading off with some of his friends via the Barry Way past Jindabyne, Canberra etc.

We will not be riding any dirt as my friends ride road bikes.

Cheers

Canary
V Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:28 AM   #86
GSDane
Ride like a girl

Oddometer: 282
Good on ya'...

Hey Nazza.

Good on ya'....
So wonderful to read about your thoughts, plans and travels so far
I'm looking forward to be following you and your travels and wishing you all the best
I really hope that we get a chance to catch up soon here in Vic... have sent you a PM .... if not - feel free to do drop in when you and Charlie reach Denmark (as in Denmark Europe ).

Thoughts and best wishes... Dorthe.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:49 AM   #87
nazza OP
Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Twin View Post
Hey Nazza,
There is the Celebration of Women in Motorcycling Rally being held at Yackandandah on the 27th of January till the 29th of January.

There is an organized ride on the Saturday with lunch at the Bridge Road Brewery Beechworth, then back to Yack for a show and shine, spit roast tea and a live band at the pub. The organizers have asked for photos of girls riding motorbikes as they are hoping to compile a book. We are camping at the Yack Holiday Park,

I am going up with some friends on the Thursday via Bruthen and the Great Alpine Rd arriving in Yack Thursday afternoon. Hubby is heading off with some of his friends via the Barry Way past Jindabyne, Canberra etc.

We will not be riding any dirt as my friends ride road bikes.

Cheers

Canary
Hmm I think I have a plan forming in this tiny brain of mine Just been invited somewhere on the 21st as well so I might just make a week of it and come up to Yack, Wodonga etc. Do I need to book at the holiday park and anything else for the weekend?
Old 01-08-2012, 03:31 AM   #88
V Twin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
We have booked 2 campsites for 3 to 6 tents, but could possibly fit another one on. We had to book for a minimum of 3 nights so decided to use it as a base camp and either do day trips, or just bum around.

When were you planning on arriving in Yack?

Cheers

Canary

V Twin screwed with this post 01-08-2012 at 03:38 AM
V Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #89
nazza OP
Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Twin View Post
We have booked 2 campsites for 3 to 6 tents, but could possibly fit another one on. We had to book for a minimum of 3 nights so decided to use it as a base camp and either do day trips, or just bum around.

When were you planning on arriving in Yack?

Cheers

Canary
I could probably make it on the Thursday night too. I can book another if there is no room but if there is then sweet. I will be coming from the East I think, having had a look around Gippsland,
Old 01-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #90
Roosta007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Keep a lookout

Hi Nazza . Keep a lookout for Taffy , Doc and Roosta on the paddock ( Nullabor ) . We are heading for WA late March early April . Make sure you dilly dally on the paddock , it;s a very underrated place . The cliffs near the border , the beach at Ecla , the view ( good camp spot ) from the top of Madura pass , the caves just east of Cocklebiddy ( be careful there ) , and there used to be a bird sanctuary ( animal rescue type thing I think . Couldn't get in there in a loaded truck ? ) just west ( I think ) of Caiguna . Camerons rocks is said to be a good campspot far from ( about 14 east ) Norseman . Also you can get in to Esperance from Fraser Range ( look on map , Cape Arid and Cape Le Grand National Parks ) , it is a touristy station now . ( That track is very sandy ) . After Norseman it depends which way you turn . You can come in through Corigin ( Wave Rock ) but you might have to go down to Salmon Gums to head west again . That is a road I want to do ( not on Doc ) . I think the exploration out there has upgraded it . Check with the local police anyway . They are all pretty good out there . ( most of them even have a sense of humor ) ! One night at the border village we were having some rum , and the sergeant from Eucla said it was good we ( the trucks ) don't go over a hundred any more . We looked puzzled , he said yeah , you spill the bong over 100 !! I have more on that thread so ask if you want to hear the story of Passion ( one of Doherty.s drivers from Fairy Meadow ) just ask . Take care and enjoy the journey . Taffy , Roosta and Doc .
Roosta007 is offline   Reply With Quote