ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2005, 07:21 PM   #1
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,617
Took a ride by TWO today...

Myself, Dirty South, and Dante took a lovely jaunt throught the woods today. Went from Nimblewill Gap/ Amicalola Falls towards Suches. Met a good group of guys (on a new WeeStrom, Dr650, and DRZ 400) and chatted, then headed to TWO for lunch, only there were about 120 bikes there. I'd say business is good! Met another older local who showed us some amazing dirt roads. Had a blast. I think the guy we saw wipe out on his goldwing near Cooper Creek sorta shook us up for a minute, but he ended up being ok, except his pride. Sorry I don't have more than 2 pics, but you can see how busy the gas station across from TWO was today. The other shot was taken right before 2 apache helicopters dusted by in the valley next to us, at a level lower than us. Pretty sweet day.

flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 07:52 AM   #2
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,289
Cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
Myself, Dirty South, and Dante took a lovely jaunt throught the woods today. Went from Nimblewill Gap/ Amicalola Falls towards Suches. Met a good group of guys (on a new WeeStrom, Dr650, and DRZ 400) and chatted, then headed to TWO for lunch, only there were about 120 bikes there. I'd say business is good! Met another older local who showed us some amazing dirt roads. Had a blast. I think the guy we saw wipe out on his goldwing near Cooper Creek sorta shook us up for a minute, but he ended up being ok, except his pride. Sorry I don't have more than 2 pics, but you can see how busy the gas station across from TWO was today. The other shot was taken right before 2 apache helicopters dusted by in the valley next to us, at a level lower than us. Pretty sweet day.

Damn flux what am I going to have to do for a invite next ride? Let me know next time and I will tag along. day time #404-352-6860 night #678-290-9224 cell# 678-227-1994.
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:00 PM   #3
norton73
drinkin'

Oddometer: 8,302
Beautiful weekend to be in North Georgia
I was in the area, but sans bike. Doing this on the Chatahoochie river and the Catecay
Old 04-11-2005, 05:53 PM   #4
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Damn flux what am I going to have to do for a invite next ride? Let me know next time and I will tag along. day time #404-352-6860 night #678-290-9224 cell# 678-227-1994.
Got the # now. I will surely hit you up next ride. This was kinda last minute so we didn't really plan anything. We had a blast though, the old guy showed us some sweet roads. Dirty has the route on his happennin' new GPS so we are planning on hitting it again for sure.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:57 PM   #5
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by norton73
Beautiful weekend to be in North Georgia
I was in the area, but sans bike. Doing this on the Chatahoochie river and the Catecay
Man, I always wanted to try kayaking. That junk looks like a blast. Unfortunately I only have time for one hobby right now. Paddling looks sweet though that is for sure. Maybe if I hitch the kayak onto some sort of wheels I can tow it behind the KLX to the campsite. Hmmm....
Old 04-12-2005, 06:36 AM   #6
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,289
Thumb

Quote:
Got the # now. I will surely hit you up next ride. This was kinda last minute so we didn't really plan anything. We had a blast though, the old guy showed us some sweet roads. Dirty has the route on his happennin' new GPS so we are planning on hitting it again for sure.
Last minute works for me If the wife doesn't have plans I can't get out of. I would love to see some new stuff. Maybe the old timers know some roads or trails that I don't. Anyway give me a shout when your going to head out I can be in dawsonville in about 1 hour 15 minutes.
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 01:05 PM   #7
norton73
drinkin'

Quote:
Man, I always wanted to try kayaking. That junk looks like a blast. Unfortunately I only have time for one hobby right now. Paddling looks sweet though that is for sure. Maybe if I hitch the kayak onto some sort of wheels I can tow it behind the KLX to the campsite. Hmmm....

I'll assume you're in GA, these are good folks to learn from; http://www.georgiacanoe.org/
Old 04-12-2005, 01:32 PM   #8
Meathead
tin man

Oddometer: 16,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by norton73
I'll assume you're in GA, these are good folks to learn from; http://www.georgiacanoe.org/
Hey norton, know anybody that might be interested in a Mohawk Viper 12 for . . . . . . . a good price? It's outfitted, but needs some TLC - hasn't been paddled in a few seasons.
Meathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 01:34 PM   #9
Linzi
Crazy Plott Lady

Oddometer: 15,438
Man, look at all of the GSBers!

I can't wait to get the SV up there.
Linzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 01:37 PM   #10
norton73
drinkin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meathead
Hey norton, know anybody that might be interested in a Mohawk Viper 12 for . . . . . . . a good price? It's outfitted, but needs some TLC - hasn't been paddled in a few seasons.

I'll ask around, I know a guy that recently trashed his and might be looking for another.
Got one of those myself
When it's easy water, I'll often paddle the Viper instead of the kayak(WS Godzilla)