User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
SpeedoJosh OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 740
'Cause I like to party........

……Or, at least that’s what we told everyone when they asked why we were riding dirt bikes down the highway to Key West, or riding 6fiddys on single track, or downing vodka like cherry coke.

Meet Jake (Papajijo)

Meet Me (SpeedoJosh)

And our pimp ass rides…

This is our mini adventure back to our homeland of Florida for Christmas and New Years. To ride around the countryside of Florida and down to sunny Key West. To spend time with family, sing carols, and mainly to escape cold-ass NC.

**Disclaimer**
If you are AGATT or never were young and dumb, then you probably won’t enjoy this mini RR.

Just giving this a head start, I’m kinda busy with work, so it will probably take a couple days to post all the info and pics. So sit back, grab a cold one, and enjoy. Plus….., Jake is a gay who went to art school, so he takes a lot of pics.
'Cause I like to party - Story of 2 XR650s conquering Florida
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=754094

SpeedoJosh screwed with this post 06-16-2012 at 07:38 AM
SpeedoJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:41 AM   #2
Mullet
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Hell ya! In.

Mullet screwed with this post 01-06-2012 at 05:50 AM
Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:27 AM   #3
Utah Bones
Gas X ready!

Oddometer: 1,581
Roll.....

Utah Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #4
SpeedoJosh OP
Studly Adventurer

A little backup before I proceed. Both Jthon and I are from Florida, but are currently working in NC. We had been tossing around the idea of a trip for the holidays. Requirements were somewhere warm, and a beach. With our limited time, we decided on Florida. Some weeks went by, nothing more said, then crunch time! Three days until our vacation starts, and no plans, no preparations, no routes, etc….. We both just purchased our XR650Rs around August 2010. Jake has had one before, so I’m kinda just following his lead on this. We figured that since we aren’t 100% sure on the previous maintenance on the pigs, that we should go through them real quick and make sure they are up to par. So I set to work and made a check list.

We sit around on a Friday afternoon and lightly discuss the areas we want to ride. Due to the short time off we have, part of this trip is done in his truck. After a rough draft of the route, we decide to go out and party. Saturday morning comes, well more like Saturday afternoon, and we jump to it. First thing first, supplies. After about three hours of driving around to different shops, we have no plugs, no extra oil filters, no nothing. Just some oil and dehydration. Luckily we both had a spare filter in a box, so boom. Got oil change done on bikes.

Wait… what’s that you say Jake??

We didn’t drain the crankcase of oil. FML.
So now we have to go track down more moto oil, which is like gold around here, re-drain the oil and re-fill. Now it’s dark, cold, and late. So all we achieved Saturday was an oil change.
Sunday comes, and after another late start, we aren’t messing around. We change plugs, coolant, check air pressure, lube cables and chains, make tool kits, test mount bags, pack, yada yada yada. Jake’s bike is ready to roll. Mine, still needed some carb work done. Since I got this pig, the carb has been nothing but a nightmare for me, and I have it close to good, but not 100%. (As you will see later on). So Jthon rolls out since he has to go into work Monday morn, and leaves me working to the wee hours of the night.

(Gas on the ground, not oil)

After a slight case of frostbite in the hands, I call it a night, and plan to tackle the rest tomorrow morning, while Jthon is at work. Plan is to leave at noon-ish. So, Monday morn and I set to work. Check adjustments, clean carb, try to get her all dialed in.

Well, got her running pretty good, and consistently. Time will only tell if the infamous high-idle comes back. I’m running low on fuel, so figured I’d get a head start and fill up for the trip. Cruise down the road to a gas station. Taking off from a stop light I hear a metal clank, like something dropped. I do a contorted quick look back while still watching traffic in front of me, see nothing and continue on. While filling up, a guy sees I’m not wearing gloves and starts talking to me religiously about AGATT. FML, I’m in a hurry, I need to go. Luckily a little old lady (no shit) comes up and asked him for some help. I see my escape, now all I have to do is kick the pig over and brapppp on out of there. Reach down and shit!!!!......

One more incase you didn’t catch that.

No kickstart lever!!!

I push the bike away from the pump and start walking back towards the sight of the metal clank. On the way the AGATT nazi drives by, undoubtedly cheerful b/c he thinks that I saw the light, and am walking home to get gloves. He pulls over, and confirms that in what he says. Then goes on to pull out an Ipad and shows pictures of some dude who just wrecked his bike and was all jacked up, laying in a hospital bed. This dude was plastered, underage, no license, no helmet, and doing stunts on a street bike. Undoubtedly a hyabusa. WTF man, seriously! I continue walking to the light and yahtzee!!

Back in business. I return to the gas station, kick over the pig, and ride out like a badass with no gloves. Return home, get everything ready and wait for Jthon to arrive so we can load the pigs and head out Floridaway.

Cue Jake. (notice his grandma jump suit)

Head em’ up and move em’ out

Florida here we come!!

SpeedoJosh screwed with this post 08-23-2012 at 07:17 AM
Old 01-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #5
SpeedoJosh OP
Studly Adventurer

So here was our plan. Drive to Jacksonville. Party with my brother for the night. Leave Jacksonville Tuesday morn, and head towards Bushnell where my uncle lives. Stay the night there, and spend it talking motorcycles with him (Harley dude who does trips like Charlie Sheen does coke). Has like 50k miles on his Harley, and this is his second one. Anyway, roll out of Bushnell Wednesday morn on the XRs, and do three – four days around Central Florida, hitting up the state parks and riding trails. Return to Bushnell. Then head towards Fort Myers, FL. Spend time with fam for Christmas, and leave from there on the pigs for Key West. Return to Fort Myers on the 30th. Then head towards Orlando to spend New Years. Then back to NC on the 1st. Partying and raging out the whole time. That was the tentative plan. Didn’t quite turn out exactly like that.

Plan started off good. Got to my bro’s house in Jacksonville. Started off with some brews, then headed to this place called Whiskey River. 50 wings and multiple beers later, we are back at his house, passing out. Yet another late morning. Wake up, go hit up the gym and get inspired by my brother who is drinking a vodka and coke not 5 minutes after waking up. He also is on vacation, and is showing us how it is done. With our late start on Tuesday (see a pattern yet?) we head out to ihop, rock out some omelets and are on our way to Bushnell. Before leaving we realize someone swiped Jake’s spare rear tire out of the back of the truck. That could be a problem b/c his rear was in some bad shape.

Anyway, to Bushnell we go...

We arrive in Bushnell, unload the pigs, and do a last minute clean of the air filters while my uncle shows us around.

Jake is in awe of my uncle’s sweet garage. Where he has some really sweet toys. Including a CJ2a project that I’m extremely jealous of. We sit around, bs about motorcycles and he tells us of some of his trips. Snap the filter back on and load the bikes up.

My uncle’s hog next to the pigs

With the bikes loaded up, we decide to crash early to get our first early start.

Wednesday morning comes and we are hoping to go. Throw down a breakfast of dozen eggs each, a banana, and multiple holiday cookies. Including some delicious peanut butter and chocolate dodads, and some rum things. Which the rum was added after the cookies were made. Making them quite strong and quite the wake up.

Loaded up, and ready to go.

Here’s a picture of our planned route.

We were gonna ride to Leesburg and stop by the DMV to register Jakes XR. He’s been rocking my old one for the time being, until we made it to FL so he could change his over. Then from there hit up Ocala State Park for a second. We heard there was a lot of SOFT sand, and we wanted to avoid that. Then from there head towards Rainbow River and camp. Wake up, check out the clear water, go for a swim, then head towards Cedar Key. From there head towards Withlacoochie State Park, camping somewhere in between. Then hit up Croom in the am, and back to Bushnell.

Here’s our actual route due to difficulties that will come later in the RR.

So we left Bushnell on good spirits, and started towards Leesburg.

Jake’s artistic tree and cloud pics. 4 years of art school for ya

Arrive to Leesburg with only one sna-fu. My kickstater would not stay on, so it go looped in with the GL webbing.

Gonna be hard to loose that key.

Here’s Jake finally legal

Now, off to Ocala for some trails…..

We get to Ocala and immediately to begin pick up on the big dirt roads and speed.

( ‘Cause I like to party)

We turn off on a trail and then SAND!!! Soft, miserable sand.
This is nearing the end of the devil trail. Shortly after this pic, I biff’d it pretty hard. Flew over the bars and all. Was kinda funny.

We did have more pics of the sand, but can’t seem to find them. Anyway, after the crash, my bike wasn’t acting the best. Would just die on me, shudder, all that fun stuff. So we took a break. It was hot…

Me changing shirts b/c I was sweating my balls off.

Jake hacking up sand b/c he’s a baby back biiitch!

We cool off and start riding, hoping my bike would just fix itself. No such luck, and even better luck, we were lost in this maze of powder sand trails. We rode around in circles and loops for awhile, periodically stopping b/c my bike was dying. Finally we found a main trail.
And we’re off!!!

And now we’re stopped,… again.

Bike just didn’t want to run. So Jake sat and waited, while I fritzed with the pig to get her running.

We finally make it out and to a gas station b/c we were running low on fuel.
After a bag of Rap Snacks…

that were on Special 99c, I was pumped, and ready to go. But, the bike wasn’t We sat there and contemplated what the problem might be. Our first thought was the carb again, but that didn’t describe the cutting out randomly. So then went electrical. Maybe plug was bad or had fouled. Realizing we left the spark plug socket in NC, we were on a mission to find one in the middle of no-stores Central Florida. What’s that, a sign for the local tractor and lawnmower guy, YES!!!!

NOO!!!!! He wasn’t home.

So onward we pushed until we found a dirt bike shop. He had a spark plug socket, but the bike was too hot to touch the engine at the time. So we checked the fuel. Had some dirt and water in it, and his conclusion was that is what was causing it to do that. So, next stop was an auto parts store for a fuel filter. Cue NAPA. No motorcycle filters, only car ones, but I was determined to get it to fit.

Well, it didn’t. So we start riding towards town, with about 5 stops due to the bike cutting out or sputtering. Then one long stop b/c I realize my kill switch assembly rattled loose from the mount on the trail tech light, and was hanging off. So instead of letting it hang, I rigged it up to the bracket, ghetto style.

About now, we are around Belleview, it’s getting dark and we are far from camp. Our no riding at night plan is shot the first day. We bust out the Iphones and start looking for a motorcycle shop that has fuel filters. Boom, CycleWerks of Ocala, not far from our location. We start speeding there b/c we have like 5 minutes before they close. My bike dies of course, Jake continues on in hopes of catching them. He gets there and I show up about 5 minutes after, pushing my bike, b/c it died in the intersection doing a U-turn in front of the shop. FML…
The nice people stayed open for us and had this…..

YAHTZEE!!!

With the new filter on, I’m feeling like a pimp, nay, indestructible, nay again, an indestructible pimp! Until 10 miles down road when my bike died. I stopped kicked it over, literally, to the ground, and shouted obscenities at it for destroying my pimp swagger. I pick it back up and we plan out the rest of the night. Food was number one b/c the Rap Snacks were wearing away, then sleep. We rode back to Belleville and choose some fine dining at an Chinese restaurant.

I left starving b/c the scrubs didn’t even have a buffet. But luckily there was an AWESOME diner connected three doors down in this mini shopping center. I ordered 10 wings and a beer while I waited. Jthon joined me on the beer, and we planned out sleep. We were gonna ride to Ross Prairie State Forest and camp in there. Finished the wings and brew and rode out.

We planned to just ride to the corner of the park on the street, then hop over in the park on a trail and camp a few hundred feet inside. No bueno, b/c the park was fenced all the way around, so no way in where we hit. We were exhausted and tired, so we turned down into the roads on the East side, pulled into an undevloped cul-de-sac with a slight depression, rode into the woods a few feet and parked. Pulled out the sleeping bags and called it a night.

Pic of the cul-de-sac during daylight.

SpeedoJosh screwed with this post 06-16-2012 at 07:40 AM
Old 01-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #6
SpeedoJosh OP
Studly Adventurer

22 Dec. Thursaday Morning
We wake up, later then wanted, and start packing up. Both of us feeling recouped from yesterday’s shenanigans. But, anxious about what today is gonna hold for us. Feeling so good, I decided to get a little workout in, and talked Jthon into joining.

So I change into my workout attire

Much better

And we get at it.

Jake’s form was garbage, but I don’t tell him b/c he knows he has weaksauce running through his veins.

I beast through “Death by pushups”. Even though it was one of my worse scores.

After our mini CrossFit, we realized that the drained pond makes a sweet jump, and we hit it a couple times.

After a few jumps, we decide to leave to get some protein. (Gotta feed the muscles). So we head into Dunnellon for some grub. We get there around 1100, and find a nice looking, local place, with about 5-7 cars in the parking lot, so we pull in. Take of the boots, throw on the flops, and walk in for a long, relaxing breakfast. Or so we thought.

Closed! WTF? What the hell are all those cars for?
“We don’t open for another 45 mins.”
“Ok, thank you”

We didn’t feel like putting our boots back on, we wanted to wait, but it was hot outside. Then, we see what the cars were for. There is a bar, already open, attached to this restaurant. Nice looking place too. So problem solved. Drinks, then breakfast.

Not wanting to look like alcoholics in this crowd of 7 at 11 am on a Thursday, we order white Russians, b/c of the coffee liquor.

We finish those, restaurant is still closed, so we order another drink, this time just a basic vodka and coke. (We decided after Jacksonville, no more beer. Just alcohol.)
Enjoying our drinks we see something on tv about rich people, and remember we played the lotto, and that we could be rich people. We wipe out the tickets and iphones.

Nope!! Duds

Now that our spirits were taken back a bit b/c we didn’t win the lotto, we went next door and ordered some grub. Jake got a massive sammich, and I chose for 20 wings. We decide to ride to Rainbow River to see the clear water like originally planned. I eat all but 5 of the wings, and pack them in the giant loop for later. We put our boots back on, and are ready to head out on our journey. BUT, the bike is not. Dang pig won’t even start, isn’t even trying actually. After about 15 mins of trying to kick her over, we realize something is definitely wrong, b/c the bike isn’t even trying to start now. WTF!!!

We start thinking it through. It has to be something electrical. Jake still thinks it is the plug, so he hops on his pig and heads to the nearest auto store to get a spark plug socket, and leaves me to continue to trouble shoot. I’m just about to take the tank off, when I get to thinking. “You know, those kill switch wires could be rattling loose, causing the bike to shut off like that.” So I walk up there, and pull on them where they were connected in. Yahtzee!, the wire pulls right out of the connector. I phone Jake, and tell him to buy some connectors. He returns, I re-splice the kill switch wires, making a note to solder them when I get back.

Bike all patched back up and fingers crossed.

Kick the pig over and whamO. Purring like a kitten. I flashback to all the time wasted and all the obscenities shouted yesterday and slightly chuckle. We helmet up, and cruise towards Rainbow Springs for a nice swim.

We arrive in Rainbow Springs State Park with the intermittent dead pig off our backs. Get our swim gear on, and head towards the water. ($2 admission fee incase you plan on going.)

Check out the view

Here’s the swimming area

Crystal clear water

Jthon diving in

In I go

The water is crystal clear, and feels awesome. We swim around for a second, and then realize that unless you are 9 foot tall, there is nowhere to touch.

No worries, we swim for the floating line and hang on. An weird old lady swims by, gives us the evil eye, and tells us we aren’t suppose to touch the buoys, and continues swimming. We continue to hang on for dear life. Luckily I brought my waterproof camera, so we decided to take a bunch of sweet pics.

Jake doing the Nirvana baby

Other random snaps

After treading water for what seemed like hours, we discover a couple people not moving, just kinda standing in the water. So we investigate.

They were building a rock pyramid to stand on. Brilliant. We search around, and find one, but some little girl is on it. Jake being the jerk he is, swims over there and yells shark, she screams and swims away. Not ideal, but we have a tower.

Jake celebrates by trying to eat the top rock????

One hand handstand, no big deal.

I point out a fish swimming by

Which leads me and Jake searching for more wildlife in the water.

Surprisingly the fish are quite friendly here.

We climb out, dry off, suit back up, and start planning. “Where to now” is the question. It was getting late, we still didn’t want to ride at night, we needed food, and a place to sleep.

So, first things first, to Citrus Springs for some grub.

We ended up finding a BBQ joint, which appeared to be a Sonny’s knock off.

Food was good, so no worries. There we decided to skip Cedar Creek, since we lost/wasted a lot of time the first day and today, and head South towards Withlacoochee State Park to camp.

We ride down to the South-western tip uneventfully. We following the Northern border road until we see a movie theatre. Jackpot! We go, see the play times. All the movies start at the same time. Our choices were “Mission Impossible”, “New Years EVE”, and “Girl With Dragon Tattoo”. We decide on MI and buy tickets. We have about an hour until show time, so we leave to go find an entrance to the park. Low and behold, directly across the street is an entrance to the park. We cruise in about mile or so, find a spot, and turn around. Still armed with about 45 min we ponder our next move. BINGO! Go to closest liquor store, buy vodka, take back to theatre and mix with coke. Turn a good movie into a great movie real quick. We do a quick risk analysis. We only have to ride our bikes from this parking lot, to across the street. Minimal risk.

We find a store a couple blocks down and decide to purchase multiple mini bottles of vodka.
Jake snapped a quick pic for future evidence.

We return to the theatre, mix up our concoctions (4 vodkas into the coke) in the bathroom, and continue to wait.
While waiting, I rage out on the arcade.

Movie time. Movie was great. Drinks were great. We were feeling great.

Now time to go camp it out. We get to our site in about 2 minutes. Set up shop, and just as we are about to climb into the sleeping bags, we hear packs of wild dogs, all around us.

Now, me and Jake are no sissies, but I remember watching a program on tv that was about wild dogs. Said they are vicious, cold, and not scared of humans. Will straight up tear you apart. I also remember that I was packing 5 chicken wings in the Giant Loop, and I wasn’t about to give those up. So, we pack up in a frantic hurry. Get on the bikes, and fly out of there. Find our way back to the road, and start cruising. We stop shortly down the road and search the maps for the closest state park not infested with rabid beast.

We find Fort Cooper State Park on the map, and roll out. Right now, it’s about midnight, and we’re both tired and still feeling the spiked cokes a little bit. We arrive to the entrance of Ft. Cooper and it’s closed, we ride around the Eastern border, and it’s completely fenced in. No way to get in and camp for the night. We pull over in this parking lot for some bike/running trail they have throughout the area, and decide F*** it. Let’s camp here. So we park the bikes, get out our bags, and go to sleep.
Jthon with a poopy face b/c he is tired.

SpeedoJosh screwed with this post 06-16-2012 at 07:41 AM
Old 01-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #7
worldrider555
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 419
Awesome ride report
worldrider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #8
bump
COLOR ME GONE

Oddometer: 713
Outstanding...THANKS!

This is to me a great ride report. It's funny and entertaining and all that overcomes the absence of epic scenery and photography. I laughed out loud several times plus you guys solved my problem finding an inline fuel filter for my XR650R!

So rare to read a report on here and wish I was on that ride with those riders...

Great stuff. "weaksauce running through his veins". Bitchin.
bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #9
SpeedoJosh OP
Studly Adventurer

Glad you guys are enjoying it. I leave Monday for a three week adventure, (no bike this time). So I'm gonna try and get it finished up before I depart.

SpeedoJosh screwed with this post 06-16-2012 at 07:42 AM
Old 01-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #10
Papajijo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
XR 650r for sale hahaha

well if anyone is looking for a xr 650 r for sale take a look at the one with the big ol' head light because i think i heard josh say a hundred time that he "fucking done with this stupid shit. im gonna sell this bitch as soon as we get back to NC. i have the worst luck with vehicles. i waste my money buying this stupid shit. i just want to ride, but it just doesn't fucking work. it doesn't make any sense." Ya so see if he has changed his mind. hahaha it was awesome.

oh ya and i like to party
Old 01-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #11
SpeedoJosh OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papajijo View Post
well if anyone is looking for a xr 650 r for sale take a look at the one with the big ol' head light because i think i heard josh say a hundred time that he "fucking done with this stupid shit. im gonna sell this bitch as soon as we get back to NC. i have the worst luck with vehicles. i waste my money buying this stupid shit. i just want to ride, but it just doesn't fucking work. it doesn't make any sense." Ya so see if he has changed his mind. hahaha it was awesome.

oh ya and i like to party
Erroneous!! How dare you post that. I confided in you, and this is how you treat me. Don't be surprised if your bike gets kicked over by that cop again tonight.

P.S. The real reason why your bike ran so much better the first leg is b/c I pissed in your tank. I tried to sabotage you, but since I drank so much the night prior my piss was like racing alcohol.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #12
SpeedoJosh OP
Studly Adventurer

Anyway, back to the RR. So we left off at me and Jthon passing out in the parking lot at around 2 or so in the morning.

Friday, December 23 @ 6:00am

I wake up to the sound of a car and radio chatter.
Jake- “Morning officer”
Officer- “How you boys doing”
Me- thinking in my head, WTF is going on

Well, come to find out, we were spotted sleeping there, and the cop was sent to send us on our way. He runs our info and all that jazz. Tells us we can’t just camp anywhere. Once he sees that we are waking up and packing our junk, he rolls out to fry bigger pieces of fish. Upon him leaving we realize that Jake’s bike has been knocked over from the tree it was resting on. He insists it was the cop, I laugh, he cries. We pick it up, no damage, no surprise.

Pic of the parking area/lot

Our free camp site

We pack all our crap. I take a few minutes and go ride around the block.

Bike is running pretty good, so that’s always nice. Now time for some breakfast! Our goal was to eat at as many hole in the wall or locally ran hot spots that we could, and our breakfast find was just that. A local b-fast house just off the side of the street. We decide to charge up the phones while we eat. Upon getting the charger out of the bag, we realize that we still have a mini bottle of vodka left each. Jackpot!! I know who is having a spiked coffee this morning.

This guy….

Jake looked at me like I was crazy. I tell him I’m on vacation, and I like to party. Also that he should join me in the toast.

He wasn’t biting. Time to turn up the peer pressure. I start to belittle his ego by calling him a “cat”, and telling him if he had any balls, he’d throw that vodka in his OJ like a BOSS!!

Peer pressure wins again.

After our custom breakfast

We decide to head towards Croom Motorcycle Park. The interweb said it’s a must visit, and we bite. We figured with the current bike problem it’d be best to return a day early, and work out the kinks before the ride to Key West. So after Croom, we were going to return to Bushnell.

So, off we go….

One little secret about Jake, is that he hates turtles. When he was a little kid, he was playing with the hot neighbor girl, and found one in the yard. He thought it would be a good idea to put it on his head, like it was a helmet or some dumb shit like that, and the pimp ass turtle shat all over his face. I’m talking diarrhea all in his grill. The girl pointed and laughed. Jake cried. Since then he despises turtles.

Which explains this pic..

The road we were riding to Croom had a dirt turn off that turned out to be the top corner of Croom. So no sweet pics with the sign. Oh well. So here we are, kicking ass and taking names. Then we find some patches of soft sand, FML. We continue to power through, and I come powering up this hill, to see that the other side is a steep, bumpy, loose sand downhill. I subconsciously decide it’d be a sweet pic and immediately front flip off my bike over the handle bars, land olympically on my back -at the same time- exhaling all the oxygen out of my lungs. I slowly get up, in awe at the sweet moves I just pulled off. So much in awe that I am drooling all over myself, and gasping for air. After I am able to stand, I decide it really isn’t that good of a pic. But since my bike is parked so nicely on its side, in the sand, I take it anyway.

Ooooo Ahhhhhh…

So off I go again, trying to catch up to Jake.

I found him a little bit later waiting for me, b/c he found this “sweet jump”. So I hit it, land, and start to turn around to go again. VRooomm…. My bike gets stuck in high idle in the middle of a turn. I pull in the clutch, it stops immediately, my height challenged self can’t reach the uneven ground, and the bike lays down again. This dang bike and it’s weird high idle nonsense have been plaguing me the whole trip. I decide I should probably sit down for a second, take a chill pill, and cry like a little girl instead of kicking my bike like I’m Jackie Chan.

Here’s me being a baby back biiitch

Jake laughs, and wants me to come take a pic of him hitting this “sweet jump” he found. I cheer up b/c I know the jump is weak, and once I post the pics of him and his “sweet jump” on ADV, he’ll loose street credit.

So here’s the pics of his “sweet jump”

And here’s his face one more time, just incase you want to congratulate him, and ask him when he’s gonna try out for the X-Games.

After the jump, we press on. Ride around some more, then decide it’s about time to head back. We find this hard packed road, with a little bit of sand and gravel and take it. And do I mean take it. We end up flying down this thing. Damn near topping out the bikes. It was fawesome (fu**ing + awesome).

Pic of the road when we first found it

After the road, we find a paved road, map out our trip back to bushnell and roll.
It was a good thing we left when we did too, b/c not even 10 ft on the paved road we had to switch to reserve.

Cruising back to Bushnell

Perfect weather I tell ya

Jake’s pig safely back at my uncle’s

Mine, along with the Twilight poster I got at the theatre.

Was curious to see how long it would last, rolled up behind my headlight. Surprisingly it lasted the whole time. (It’s now on my wall. Team Edward all the way sucka!)

Both the bikes, de-geared, and ready to load in the truck for the next leg of the trip.

We recover for a bit. BS with my uncle. Eat more treats. I solder those wires together. We debate cleaning the filters, but we were tired and wanted to hit the road.

At this point in the trip, the plan is for Jake to drive his truck with the bikes to Fort Myers to spend time with his family for Christmas, and drop me off along the way in Tampa, so I can spend Christmas with family there. Then on the 26th, I am to arrive in Fort Myers. We are gonna party there for a couple days, then head to the Keys.

Dec 25 Christmas – HO HO HO

Dec 26 (No bikes and no pics of this event, just the story)

I arrive in Fort Myers early afternoon, and learn of a planned shark fishing/camping trip to the beach that night. Hell Yea. We waste the day, then get all the fishing gear and supplies loaded up, and head out. With one last stop in mind. Liquor store of course. We pick up whiskey, couple more mini bottles of vodka, and some TGI Fridays margarita mix, with the tequila already in it. We realize we are all kinda hungry, so we stop at a restaurant and chow down. Jthon’s brother is with us, and knows our waitress from high school. They chat, and that sly devil talks her into coming along.

So now it’s Me, Jake, Ryan (his bro), a couple buddies, and the waitress. We get to the parking area, and start the trek out to the spot. After about a mile of carrying a cooler, bunch of rods, buckets, bait, chum, camping gear, chairs, etc… We have reached the spot. Tired as hell. We go set everything up, cast out the rods, and sit there. After a couple bites, and stolen bait, we say F*** it, and reel them in. Return to the rest of the gear, start a fire, and start drinking and bs’ing. Ryan and the chick walk off to set up camp farther down the beach. Slick move. We continue to drink. Now let me tell you, that margarita mix might have sounded wussy, but they must of messed up the ratio. That stuff was knocking our socks off. So after numerous beers, sips of whiskey, and can of margarita (no cup, so reused beer cans), we were all pretty tired. Well, the alcohol and the fact that it was 5:00 in the morning. So we crawl into our sleeping bags.

6:00 comes with a phone ringing. “What? COPS! You’re getting a ticket!” Yet again the cops have waken me and Jake up at 6:00 in the morning, after a night of drinking. Luckily for the four of us, the cops found his Ryan and the waitress first, and he phoned in the warning to us. (Unknown to all of us, you get a ticket for sleeping on the beach, WTF?) We pack the crap, and start beating feet down the beach to the cars. We successfully make it back to the vehicles before the cops make it to us. Ryan and the waitress show up a little later with their tickets. Of course the girl is flipping out. Funny thing is, Cops told Ryan if the girl wasn’t so mouthy, he wouldn’t of given them tickets.
*I don’t need to say the message b/c we all know it, but there is a message to be learned there.*

We all leave and return to our houses, and sleep the day away. Wake up, and decide to go easy that night and leave tomorrow morning for the Keys. We go out that night, drink copious amounts of fluids, return home, eats a few pounds of corn, in the form of tortilla chips. Go outside, take ridiculous pics on the deer camera, and pass out.

Wake up the next day, realize it’s too late to try and leave, and decide to stay an extra day. So we go hit up the gym, hang out, and chill. After sitting around and watching about 5 hours of storage wars, we not only feel like pros at appraising junk, but we also are feeling antsy. So we decide to go out, with the plans of not staying out late, waking up early, and riding out.

Well…. We go out, drink copious amounts of fluids, return home, eats a few pounds of corn in the form of tortilla chips. Go outside, take ridiculous pics on the deer camera, and pass out.

Thursday, Dec. 29 Noon-ish

SHIT, we did it again! Me and Jake jump into action, b/c we know if we don’t leave today, we won’t see the Keys.

So we pack all the gear

In a quick brain storm, we decide to leave the bikes in the truck. Speed down to Homestead FL, park the truck at a hotel, and start the journey there.

Everything loaded up, and we’re off.

We enjoy some of the fine scenery on the way down. I was set on finding a sweet flask at an Indian shop, so we stopped at a few.

Nothing at that one. Maybe the next. Nope, but they did have a Sweet Camaro parked out front, which made the stop worth it.

Sweet Camaro

Defeated, we continued on to Homestead. At about this time, we can’t afford anymore stops or hold ups, b/c we are losing light, and we really want to start riding a few hours before dark. Looking at the clock, we should be able to at least hit Marathon before dark.

Wait! Do you hear that? What’s that hissing noise? We didn’t even have to ask, b/c I swear Jake has the worst luck with tires. We already knew what that noise was. It was air leaking out of his tire. So much for not riding at night.

Jake’s tire getting fixed as the sun sets behind us

Ok, we can still make it to the Keys, we will just have to go to the 7eleven and pick up a couple cans of man-up, and ride all night like a couple of freed banshees right before the apocalypse. So we did. Parked the truck at a hotel with a fenced in parking lot, and rode out. Headlights already on.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #13
Papajijo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
FUCKING TURTLES!

and you guys can catch me at the x games next year i will be sure to get some autographs out there to all the adv boys. i know that jump was pretty sick i cant believe they didn't run it on new years instead they put that other dudes lame like 350 footer or something lame like that.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #14
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 9,412
Cool RR you crazy FFs!

Next time you're in Flor-duh, let me know. I wouldn't mind showing you around some and having a few brews.

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #15
SpeedoJosh OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
Cool RR you crazy FFs!

Next time you're in Flor-duh, let me know. I wouldn't mind showing you around some and having a few brews.
Sounds good. Always down for throwing back beverages with fellow ADV'rs.

SpeedoJosh screwed with this post 06-16-2012 at 07:43 AM