ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2012, 08:20 AM   #76
HellSickle OP
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 9,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
Get my PM? Having any luck with the GIS data or maps? I'm sure you're just sitting around with you feet up looking for things to do before this ride.
Yeah, I've been napping.

Routes are frantically being worked. The construction on 106 is requiring me to lay out 4 different routes. We won't know until Wednesday if we will be able to ride thru. I'm also resolving some significant differences between what I tracked on the ground, and what the USFS GIS data shows.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:25 AM   #77
TinkerinWstuff
Take it apart

Oddometer: 1,292
fair enough. will make do. As said, it would be really neat to have it preloaded but fully understand the difficulty it takes to get these routes together and the last minute curve balls that get thrown in the mix.

Thanks for all your hard work
TinkerinWstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:25 AM   #78
HellSickle OP
Scone Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo83 View Post
Thanks.

One more question; how strict is the street legal rule? Specifically, do I need to fix my horn before I get there?
As mentioned, you need to have a plate, approved spark arrestor, and pass the sound test. A headlight would lend additional validity. We are riding very little highway. The sheriff is very supportive of this event and I've never had inspections for DOT tires or registration insurance checks, but that all goes out the window if you are doing something stupid on Main Street.

I pre-ran the A loops this weekend. Folks will not be disappointed. While 602 might be ready for another 100 miles at the end of the day, I think the average rider will be pressed to finish all 134 miles of the Saturday A loop. The majority of the riders will be pleasantly worn out at the end of the day.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:53 AM   #79
HellSickle OP
Scone Rider

Previews:

Old 07-31-2012, 10:58 AM   #80
TinkerinWstuff
Take it apart

Oddometer: 1,292
Official ride has yet to begin and we already have people deviating from the designated trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
Previews:

TinkerinWstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:25 PM   #81
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,446
Thumb

Guys,
This looks incredible!
Is anyone from the Salt Lake area heading over to this? Are you trailering or riding?

I'd love to do some of the single track, but I can't see riding the 530 all the way there and back... I'd have to hire someone to rub my monkey butt for a week when I got back....

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:38 PM   #82
suzypoozie
alpha bitch

Oddometer: 866
hey Jeff I sent you a PM but I have not heard back. Will you tell me about the extra meals and when they are? What meals are included? Please let me know so I know what I need to pack food wise. I am looking forward to this!

Have a dog that needs training?? www.heavenlydog.net
suzypoozie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:37 PM   #83
wyogirl311
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 376
Hi Suzy,

There are no "additional meals," the extra meal at registration for another dinner serving. The local 4-H club will provide breakfast at an additional cost outside of the registration fee. I think last year they had breakfast burritos and egg/bacon sandwiches for like $4 (that may have even included coffee). Pretty tasty. Lunch - you are on your own. Dinner is Sat. night and is the only meal included in registration fee.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Amanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzypoozie View Post
hey Jeff I sent you a PM but I have not heard back. Will you tell me about the extra meals and when they are? What meals are included? Please let me know so I know what I need to pack food wise. I am looking forward to this!
Old 07-31-2012, 04:59 PM   #84
suzypoozie
alpha bitch

OK, good to know! I bought a second serving for someone then! :) I guess I need to learn how to read FAQ's. I've been avoiding the computer lately.

Can't wait to see everyone. I have barely ridden in the past 2 years, and I think I forgot how. I'm gonna attempt the B route though I may be a B/C rider now. I am an A(A) drinker though! I look forward to the camp fire (if allowed in this draught).

Suzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyogirl311 View Post
Hi Suzy,

There are no "additional meals," the extra meal at registration for another dinner serving. The local 4-H club will provide breakfast at an additional cost outside of the registration fee. I think last year they had breakfast burritos and egg/bacon sandwiches for like $4 (that may have even included coffee). Pretty tasty. Lunch - you are on your own. Dinner is Sat. night and is the only meal included in registration fee.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Amanda

Old 07-31-2012, 06:12 PM   #85
suzypoozie
alpha bitch

Of course now that I say I am going for sure I find out my forks are fuct and my bike isn't going to be ready on time. If I can't xfer my registration and my friends registration I will be riding with leaky forks, squeaky brakes, and cockeyed bars.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:52 PM   #86
HellSickle OP
Scone Rider

Quote:
OK, good to know! I bought a second serving for someone then! :) I guess I need to learn how to read FAQ's. I've been avoiding the computer lately.

Can't wait to see everyone. I have barely ridden in the past 2 years, and I think I forgot how. I'm gonna attempt the B route though I may be a B/C rider now. I am an A(A) drinker though! I look forward to the camp fire (if allowed in this draught).

Suzy
Looking forward to seeing you again.

There will be 2 or 3 fire pits set up at night.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:20 PM   #87
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer: 4,800
Quote:
... I will be riding with leaky forks, squeaky brakes, and cockeyed bars.
Join the crowd. In order to properly enjoy the short summers here your trail riding needs to exceed your required bike maintenance.
Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:42 PM   #88
SugarDust
Kulia i ka nu'u

Oddometer: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by StmbtDave View Post
We pre-rode the "C" routes on Friday. Both the Sat and Sun routes are well maintained county or FS gravel roads. I rode the Sat route and only found one short section that was a bit sketchy. It was signed as "End Of Winter Maintenance" and "May Be Impassable When Wet". That section north of Stmbt along with about 1-2 miles of rocky road on the west side of Buffalo Pass were the only places that required some special attention. It is an awesome route .

Dave
Sounds great - gonna ride the C loop with Craig on the 658s!

In Loving Memory of Cruzin2B 1953 - 2014
SugarDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:45 PM   #89
HellSickle OP
Scone Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo83 View Post
Join the crowd. In order to properly enjoy the short summers here your trail riding needs to exceed your required bike maintenance.
Or have back up bikes ready when one is down.

Speaking of down, Paula's DR is out again. It needs some bent bolts replaced and a new ignition switch. She also has to wash the blood off the front of the bike before I get too far into it. Not that I can't deal with it, but she has to take some responsibility for the repair process.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:48 PM   #90
SugarDust
Kulia i ka nu'u

Oddometer: 834
should i ask ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
... She also has to wash the blood off the front of the bike before I get too far into it....

In Loving Memory of Cruzin2B 1953 - 2014
SugarDust is offline   Reply With Quote