ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 08:46 AM   #46
TwilightZone
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Oddometer: 2,848
Are you carrying gas in the white Rotopax? (hmmm... seems like they are cheaper?) Any difference between the red rotopax/white rotopax besides the color? (Having a KLR moment).
__________________
"I don't really know, I've been too busy falling down."
TwilightZone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #47
redog1
KLR650-2009
 
redog1's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Magalia, CA./ Butte & Siskiyou C.
Oddometer: 1,791
Thumb Nice RR...

I need to get up that way. Been wanting to do the Applegate-Lassen Trail for quite some time in the Jeep, think I'll do it on the bike with gas prices the way they are. Looks like a fun trip, Thanks for sharing
__________________
No, I don't know where that road goes, let's find out!
redog1
redog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #48
PinkPillion OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
PinkPillion's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Northeastern California
Oddometer: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightZone View Post
Are you carrying gas in the white Rotopax? (hmmm... seems like they are cheaper?) Any difference between the red rotopax/white rotopax besides the color? (Having a KLR moment).
Hi Twilightzone. Yes, gas. The white ones have a "non-carb" spout, which appears to be much better than the "carb' spout on the red ones. The water pack does say "water only", but my husband took that off using a 3m pad on a die grinder. He said it only took about a minute to do!
__________________
I'd rather live, than live forever...
10 HUSQVARNA TE250 & 00 BMW R 1150 GS
2up Black Rock Desert Anniversary Ride 4 Days-2up NorCal to Death Valley Black Rock Desert Overnighter NECal 2up 2 Dayers

PinkPillion screwed with this post 01-11-2012 at 05:27 PM
PinkPillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #49
PinkPillion OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
PinkPillion's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Northeastern California
Oddometer: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by redog1 View Post
I need to get up that way. Been wanting to do the Applegate-Lassen Trail for quite some time in the Jeep, think I'll do it on the bike with gas prices the way they are. Looks like a fun trip, Thanks for sharing
Thanks redog1. The section we rode was pretty cool. Smoke Creek road (the way we get there) is part of the Nobles cut off route that goes to California. It has some interesting history too.
__________________
I'd rather live, than live forever...
10 HUSQVARNA TE250 & 00 BMW R 1150 GS
2up Black Rock Desert Anniversary Ride 4 Days-2up NorCal to Death Valley Black Rock Desert Overnighter NECal 2up 2 Dayers
PinkPillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #50
silverdog
Studly Adventurer
 
silverdog's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Oddometer: 531
how much traffic out there in May or June? May too early?

thanks for the pics......
silverdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #51
PinkPillion OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
PinkPillion's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Northeastern California
Oddometer: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdog View Post
how much traffic out there in May or June? May too early?

thanks for the pics......
Thanks for checking out the report silverdog. Weather dependent during May. Good weather brings the heavier vehicles like RVs and 4x4s. The rocket launcher crowd and rockhounds camp at the springs during June and July. Last year winter lasted forever so no vehicles were there until late June, but on a bike you should be good any time.
__________________
I'd rather live, than live forever...
10 HUSQVARNA TE250 & 00 BMW R 1150 GS
2up Black Rock Desert Anniversary Ride 4 Days-2up NorCal to Death Valley Black Rock Desert Overnighter NECal 2up 2 Dayers
PinkPillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #52
MasterMarine
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Now serving just Snohomish County
Oddometer: 1,479
Sweet report. I took us around High Rock Canyon by accident after running across a locked gate last year just a short distance from the upper end of the canyon. Our diversion trip took us thru some surreal country tho!

Can't wait to check it out again this year!
MasterMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #53
PinkPillion OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
PinkPillion's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Northeastern California
Oddometer: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMarine View Post
Sweet report. I took us around High Rock Canyon by accident after running across a locked gate last year just a short distance from the upper end of the canyon. Our diversion trip took us thru some surreal country tho!

Can't wait to check it out again this year!
Hi MasterMarine and thank you. Oh yes I read your awesome report. Lots of water, an American flag, and a dust storm incident. Beautiful country out there in Nevada for sure. I wonder what you will find this year?
__________________
I'd rather live, than live forever...
10 HUSQVARNA TE250 & 00 BMW R 1150 GS
2up Black Rock Desert Anniversary Ride 4 Days-2up NorCal to Death Valley Black Rock Desert Overnighter NECal 2up 2 Dayers

PinkPillion screwed with this post 01-20-2012 at 11:58 PM
PinkPillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #54
MasterMarine
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Now serving just Snohomish County
Oddometer: 1,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPillion View Post
Beautiful country out there in Nevada for sure. I wonder what you will find this year?
I don't know what we will find but I am sure it will be awesome. I am not even sure which way we are going to go yet. I would like to try to go down (or up) High Rock Canyon and Jarbidge is still calling to me. There are some interesting looking mountain ranges in the middle of the state too. So much to explore! Can't wait!

Thanks for posting up a bit of history in your report. That is one of the things that makes dual sport riding so much fun is re-discovering history and exploring the places no one seems to remember.
MasterMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #55
Bob
Formerly H20Pumper
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Corral de Tierra CA, Ketchum ID
Oddometer: 2,514
Hey PP lock your doors, I hear Grey Wolf OR7 is headed toward Susanville!
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #56
PinkPillion OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
PinkPillion's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Northeastern California
Oddometer: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMarine View Post
I don't know what we will find but I am sure it will be awesome. I am not even sure which way we are going to go yet. I would like to try to go down (or up) High Rock Canyon and Jarbidge is still calling to me. There are some interesting looking mountain ranges in the middle of the state too. So much to explore! Can't wait!

Thanks for posting up a bit of history in your report. That is one of the things that makes dual sport riding so much fun is re-discovering history and exploring the places no one seems to remember.
The book at the beginning of the report is full of info about long lost places in Nevada. The one I have is Northern Nevada, but there is also a Southern Nevada/Death Valley one (which I need to pick up before April). The research leading up to the trip just makes waiting for the takeoff all the more difficult.
__________________
I'd rather live, than live forever...
10 HUSQVARNA TE250 & 00 BMW R 1150 GS
2up Black Rock Desert Anniversary Ride 4 Days-2up NorCal to Death Valley Black Rock Desert Overnighter NECal 2up 2 Dayers
PinkPillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #57
PinkPillion OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
PinkPillion's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Northeastern California
Oddometer: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Hey PP lock your doors, I hear Grey Wolf OR7 is headed toward Susanville!
Does he know it is 7 degrees up here?
__________________
I'd rather live, than live forever...
10 HUSQVARNA TE250 & 00 BMW R 1150 GS
2up Black Rock Desert Anniversary Ride 4 Days-2up NorCal to Death Valley Black Rock Desert Overnighter NECal 2up 2 Dayers
PinkPillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:08 AM   #58
steve_k
Beastly Adventurer
 
steve_k's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Rancho Bernardo (San Diego)
Oddometer: 1,061
Great pics and report like your DV one from last year!
steve_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #59
LittleWan
You can do it!
 
LittleWan's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: behind BigWan, trying to keep my feet tucked in :)
Oddometer: 1,706
Hey Aimee,

Nice report! I always forget about day trippin'...
I like the cool stuff you found at black rock.

kelly
LittleWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #60
PinkPillion OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
PinkPillion's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Northeastern California
Oddometer: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_k View Post
Great pics and report like your DV one from last year!
Thank you steve_k.
__________________
I'd rather live, than live forever...
10 HUSQVARNA TE250 & 00 BMW R 1150 GS
2up Black Rock Desert Anniversary Ride 4 Days-2up NorCal to Death Valley Black Rock Desert Overnighter NECal 2up 2 Dayers
PinkPillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014