Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
Leif the Lucky OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Square Route Rally - Maryland - June 1-3

June 1 – 3 2012 // MD
38th Annual Square Route Rally

Join BMW Bikers of Metropolitan Washington at Camp WestMar located 7 miles west of US 15 at Thurmont MD in the beautiful Catoctin Mountains for a fun-filled weekend of riding, seminars, tech sessions & camaraderie with fellow motorcycle enthusiasts! We have entertainment & several tech sessions planned for Saturday. However, if you’re in the mood for riding, revel in some of the best sport-touring riding in the mid-Atlantic, either on well-maintained asphalt and/or challenging dual-sport routes thru the foothills of the Blue Ridge of MD, PA, WV & VA. We have a group GS ride as well as route sheets to help you to enjoy the miles of curvy paved roads in the Blue Ridge. Civil War historic sites - Antietam, Gettysburg, Harpers Ferry, The Wilderness & others – are readily day-toured from our rally site using provided route sheets. A group ride to Sharpsburg will commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Antietam campaign. Or, stretch your legs on the Appalachian Trail, just half a mile from the rally. If you are in the market for parts & accessories or maybe a new bike, we have three notable BMW dealerships in the area.

Our rally is renowned for GREAT door prizes, interesting activities/speakers, and loads of fun! Registration includes 2 nights of camping, Friday evening chili, Saturday multi-entrée dinner, continuous coffee, communal campfire, scads of door prizes including multiple grand prizes (preregistration provides an extra chance for a grand prize), rally pin & mug, flea market, and entertainment on Friday & Saturday evenings. Breakfast & lunch available on site or nearby at several high value restaurants. Large bathhouses with private showers. Wooded campsites are available for tent camping or take advantage of 60 first-come/first-serve bunkhouse beds in cabins; motels are in nearby Thurmont, Hagerstown, or Frederick.

14509 Brown Rd, Sabillasville, MD 21780-8728 GPS: N39o 37.244’, W77o 31.910’

A great deal of additional, updated information and registration forms are available on the club’s website www.bmwbmw.org or contact Scott Keimig vp@bmwbmw.org.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
bikerfish
flyfishandride

Oddometer: 1,457
its a good rally, been going on and off since early 90s. I even remember when it moved to darlington for a couple years! glad it moved back to thurmont, it's proper home! good riding in those hills.
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
duoderf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Put on my calendar!
duoderf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:37 PM   #4
RonkoRider
Wrong Island, NY

Oddometer: 1,459
Bump

Does anyone know if the campground wooded enough to use a hammock?
RonkoRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #5
bikerfish
flyfishandride

Oddometer: 1,457
yes, lots of trees all around
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:39 PM   #6
Ron_Ces
Aging Hacker

Oddometer: 1,614
Srr

Me and a buddy are riding in from the east (NJ). Anybody else doing the lunch/museum tour/ride from Bob's BMW on Friday? Looks cool. Hopefully has has a twisty, spirited route to the rally.
Ron
Honda Pacific Coast
Ron_Ces is offline   Reply With Quote