ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
Saddlemen Seats&Bags OP
We Ride!
 
Saddlemen Seats&Bags's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: So Cal
Oddometer: 8
Saddlemen Wants Your Bike! (For Seat R&D)

We are looking for DR650, XR650, KLR650 owners who want to loan us your bike for a few days while we develop the most advanced Adventure Seat in the world!

We are located in So.Cal - Long Beach area and would need your bike for three days of initial development and three days for final fittment.

Of course you get to be the first to own and ride our new seat, compliments of Saddlemen!

Shoot us an email at marketing@saddlemen.com if you are interested.

Thanks!
__________________
Saddlemen
Rancho Dominguez, Ca
800-397-7709
www.Saddlemen.com
www.facebook.com/Saddlemen
Saddlemen Seats&Bags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #2
schaffer40
I look lived in.....
 
schaffer40's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Rowland Heights Ca.
Oddometer: 393
E-mail sent.
__________________
The massive Raider Nation is beyond doubt the sleaziest and rudest and most sinister mob of thugs and wackos ever assembled. Hunter S. Thompson

Punk Rock Changed My Life- The Minutemen
schaffer40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
sparkymcgee
Gnarly Adventurer
 
sparkymcgee's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Southern California
Oddometer: 335
E-mail sent re KLR650.
__________________
2008 VFR800
2012 Super Ténéré
sparkymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:28 AM   #4
rivercreep
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: S.E. Pennsylvania (Reading)
Oddometer: 3,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddlemen Seats&Bags View Post
We are looking for DR650, XR650, KLR650 owners who want to loan us your bike for a few days while we develop the most advanced Adventure Seat in the world!

We are located in So.Cal - Long Beach area and would need your bike for three days of initial development and three days for final fittment.

Of course you get to be the first to own and ride our new seat, compliments of Saddlemen!

Shoot us an email at marketing@saddlemen.com if you are interested.

Thanks!

Out of curiosity, what is your warranty like for your saddlebags?
I ask because I have a set of your "tattoo" series on my bike and after only 1 month of a rainy riding season, all of the rivets are rusted and they look like shit. (and this was using spray wax to help protect the bags surface finishes).

As you should be able to see from the attached pic, I take great care of my Bike so, I don't quite understand why I'm having issues with the rivets rusting the way they did in 1 months time. (I have them off the bike right now because I can't imagine what road salt would do to the rivets)

Edit: Ps. the buckles are holding up well and it makes me wonder if the rivets missed the clear coat process.
(other than the rivets, I really love the product)
Attached Images
 

rivercreep screwed with this post 01-12-2012 at 05:58 AM
rivercreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:56 AM   #5
cyclewizard
Beastly Adventurer
 
cyclewizard's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Norway/Michigan.
Oddometer: 4,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivercreep View Post
Out of curiosity, what is your warranty like for your saddlebags?
I ask because I have a set of your "tattoo" series on my bike and after only 1 month of a rainy riding season, all of the rivets are rusted and they look like shit. (and this was using spray wax to help protect the bags surface finishes).

As you should be able to see from the attached pic, I take great care of my Bike so, I don't quite understand why I'm having issues with the rivets rusting the way they did in 1 months time. (I have them off the bike right now because I can't imagine what road salt would do to the rivets)
Lets see some pics of your rusty rivets please.
__________________
C-dub......


Powered by CW-Pistons/cams
Wizard manufacturing....
cyclewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #6
Saddlemen Seats&Bags OP
We Ride!
 
Saddlemen Seats&Bags's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: So Cal
Oddometer: 8
1 Year Warranty

Saddlemen warranties our products for 1 year. Please call Jerry in Cust. Svc at 310-638-1222 x202 he will take care of you.
__________________
Saddlemen
Rancho Dominguez, Ca
800-397-7709
www.Saddlemen.com
www.facebook.com/Saddlemen
Saddlemen Seats&Bags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #7
rivercreep
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: S.E. Pennsylvania (Reading)
Oddometer: 3,243
Thank you! I'll do that.

That is GREAT Customer service right there.(and I'd make the purchase again because of it.)
rivercreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #8
rivercreep
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: S.E. Pennsylvania (Reading)
Oddometer: 3,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclewizard View Post
Lets see some pics of your rusty rivets please.
Here they are, Do you think I was making it up?)
Attached Images
 

rivercreep screwed with this post 01-15-2012 at 05:29 AM
rivercreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #9
lstzephyr
Solo con rambo
 
lstzephyr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Huntsville, Al
Oddometer: 1,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivercreep View Post
Here they are and FUCK YOU! Do you think I was making it up?)
No he just thought you were complaining in a thread that had nothing to do with what you were talking about. Good to hear they are taking care of you though.


Saddlemen- Cool offer. My bike was in long beach a few months ago but not any more. Too bad, my seat sucks!
lstzephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #10
cyclewizard
Beastly Adventurer
 
cyclewizard's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Norway/Michigan.
Oddometer: 4,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivercreep View Post
Here they are and FUCK YOU! Do you think I was making it up?)
What I do think is if you have a problem with a persons product you should call them or take it to a PM.
Now, why would a manufacture clear coat rivets explain please, when they should be made out of stainless or other non corrosive materials to avoid rusting. Maybe it's something your putting on your bags that's causing the rust issue?
If you want to resort to name calling my 15 yr old grandson will match you word for word.

Nice little scooter you have there.
__________________
C-dub......


Powered by CW-Pistons/cams
Wizard manufacturing....
cyclewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:46 PM   #11
rivercreep
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: S.E. Pennsylvania (Reading)
Oddometer: 3,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclewizard View Post
What I do think is if you have a problem with a persons product you should call them or take it to a PM.
Now, why would a manufacture clear coat rivets explain please, when they should be made out of stainless or other non corrosive materials to avoid rusting. Maybe it's something your putting on your bags that's causing the rust issue?
If you want to resort to name calling my 15 yr old grandson will match you word for word.

Nice little scooter you have there.
Ok, turtle wax causes rust. (that's what I use)

I'd sent an e-mail 3 months ago and never got a response from their web-site, nor was the Dealership where I'd purchased them of any help.
Could be they never got that e-mail so, that's why I posted my question here.

As for why any mfg. would use rivets that rust? Good question.
Pretty much surprised me too.

I do figure I'm out of luck (from what I've been told) because I lost my receipt so...consider this a buyer beware.
As for jumping down my throat for losing the receipt being my problem...I accept that it is.
Still, like you pointed out, WHY would rivets be used that could rust? (I figured, based on reviews that I'd purchased a quality product so, WHY would I keep the receipt? (who'd think that the rivets would rust?)

...and where did I call you a name?

rivercreep screwed with this post 01-15-2012 at 05:30 AM
rivercreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #12
rivercreep
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: S.E. Pennsylvania (Reading)
Oddometer: 3,243
Ps. No negativity directed towards Saddlemen is intended here.
I'd buy their product again due to their response here and as previously stated, I'm very happy with the quality of the rest of the product.
Cheers to you guys for being upstanding.
(next time, I'll be keeping my receipt)
rivercreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #13
fried okra
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Oddometer: 102
Any interest in doing up a seat for the Kwak Super Sherpa....KL250????

Would love to see that model get a Saddlemen seat :)

fried okra
fried okra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #14
Wattner
Beastly Adventurer
 
Wattner's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Treasure Coast, Florida
Oddometer: 5,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivercreep View Post
Ok, turtle wax causes rust. (that's what I use)

I'd sent an e-mail 3 months ago and never got a response from their web-site, nor was the Dealership where I'd purchased them of any help.
Could be they never got that e-mail so, that's why I posted my question here.

As for why any mfg. would use rivets that rust? Good question.
Pretty much surprised me too.

I do figure I'm out of luck (from what I've been told) because I lost my receipt so...consider this a buyer beware.
As for jumping down my throat for losing the receipt being my problem...I accept that it is.
Still, like you pointed out, WHY would rivets be used that could rust? (I figured, based on reviews that I'd purchased a quality product so, WHY would I keep the receipt? (who'd think that the rivets would rust?)

...and where did I call you a name? (please take your meds.)
DOOD... I have been here a LONG time, and the tone you use towards CW and saying "fuck you" to him is wrong... You have ruffled my feathers, so to speak. So, how about FUCK YOU and your pansy ass girls bike. The manufacturer says they will take care of you, so chill. The only meds that need to be taken should be a chill pill by you.

Oh, and what happened to your tassles on the handlebars?

Saddleman, I love your products and had one of your seats a few years ago.... Keep up the GREAT worK!!!!
Wattner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #15
cyclewizard
Beastly Adventurer
 
cyclewizard's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Norway/Michigan.
Oddometer: 4,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattner View Post
DOOD... I have been here a LONG time, and the tone you use towards CW and saying "fuck you" to him is wrong... You have ruffled my feathers, so to speak. So, how about FUCK YOU and your pansy ass girls bike. The manufacturer says they will take care of you, so chill. The only meds that need to be taken should be a chill pill by you.

Oh, and what happened to your tassles on the handlebars?

Saddleman, I love your products and had one of your seats a few years ago.... Keep up the GREAT worK!!!!
I love my gel saddleman seat..best seat I've had and there's no rust on the staples either.
__________________
C-dub......


Powered by CW-Pistons/cams
Wizard manufacturing....
cyclewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014