Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2012, 05:28 AM   #16
rivercreep
Banned

Oddometer: 3,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattner View Post
DOOD... I have been here a LONG time, and the tone you use towards CW and saying "fuck you" to him is wrong... You have ruffled my feathers, so to speak. So, how about FUCK YOU and your pansy ass girls bike. The manufacturer says they will take care of you, so chill. The only meds that need to be taken should be a chill pill by you.

Oh, and what happened to your tassles on the handlebars?

Saddleman, I love your products and had one of your seats a few years ago.... Keep up the GREAT worK!!!!
Well, I might have taken his first response to me wrong so, if I did...I apologize here and now.
I tend to over react a little when it appears the insinuation is there that I'm a Liar.

As for you, make fun of my little bike all you want. I use it all year long as my commuter (even when it snows) and from what I've seen around here, rack up more miles on this little 250 than 80% of the rest of the ADV inmates do on bikes 3 times its size so, I'm keeping my man card.

Now, I'll go back and delete the uncivil parts of my posts out of respect for the rest of you and to show my apology is sincere.

B.T.W. I like your comment in regards to where the tassles went. (not!)
There's nothing more on this bike than needs to be there to make it a practical all weather commuter.
In regards to pansies...Move to a State where it gets into the teens temperature wise for months out of the year and still rack up 10+ thousand miles a year...then we'll talk. (what luch specials they having down there in Florida today anyway?)

rivercreep screwed with this post 01-15-2012 at 05:44 AM Reason: I was uncool!
rivercreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:04 AM   #17
Wattner
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivercreep View Post
Well, I might have taken his first response to me wrong so, if I did...I apologize here and now.
I tend to over react a little when it appears the insinuation is there that I'm a Liar.

As for you, make fun of my little bike all you want. I use it all year long as my commuter (even when it snows) and from what I've seen around here, rack up more miles on this little 250 than 80% of the rest of the ADV inmates do on bikes 3 times its size so, I'm keeping my man card.

Now, I'll go back and delete the uncivil parts of my posts out of respect for the rest of you and to show my apology is sincere.

B.T.W. I like your comment in regards to where the tassles went. (not!)
There's nothing more on this bike than needs to be there to make it a practical all weather commuter.
In regards to pansies...Move to a State where it gets into the teens temperature wise for months out of the year and still rack up 10+ thousand miles a year...then we'll talk. (what luch specials they having down there in Florida today anyway?)

I apologize..... Come on here as a newbie and throw what appears an insult and this crowd will tar and feather you. Heaven help you if it gets punted to JoMamma (the basement).

I have ridden in ice and snow, on everything from a Harley to Honda singles... I absolutely HATE the cold (or even cool...) so I relocated South.

Rant over, hand extended for a shake, and let's all get along. CW is my honorary dad and ANY body messes with him and I can't just sit idly by... Apology again!

Anyway, this is about Saddleman seats. I wish I had a bike out there I would Volunteer her for a fitting. The seat you are proposing sounds perfect, and I'd really like to have one. Narrow in the front and getting wider as it goes back, allowing for a comfortable standing position and then wide for support on the slab is a recipe I LOVE!!!!!
Wattner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:09 AM   #18
rivercreep
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattner View Post
I apologize..... Come on here as a newbie and throw what appears an insult and this crowd will tar and feather you. Heaven help you if it gets punted to JoMamma (the basement).

I have ridden in ice and snow, on everything from a Harley to Honda singles... I absolutely HATE the cold (or even cool...) so I relocated South.

Rant over, hand extended for a shake, and let's all get along. CW is my honorary dad and ANY body messes with him and I can't just sit idly by... Apology again!

Anyway, this is about Saddleman seats. I wish I had a bike out there I would Volunteer her for a fitting. The seat you are proposing sounds perfect, and I'd really like to have one. Narrow in the front and getting wider as it goes back, allowing for a comfortable standing position and then wide for support on the slab is a recipe I LOVE!!!!!

If you guys lived closer...I'd buy you all a beer! (Extended hand = SHOOK!)

Saddleman seat for the TU250X in a one piece retro bench style would be nice. (like I said, I like their products and cust service)

Ps. No Newbie here. I've been around this place for years as the creep!
Old 01-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #19
cyclewizard
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,811
Everything is cool Rivercreep.......no hard feelings on my part..life is too short to get all bent out of shape unless we crash on a sickle...

Powered by CW-Pistons/cams
Wizard manufacturing....
cyclewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:28 PM   #20
IRS Media
IRS Media

Oddometer: 19
Saddleman seat for the TU250X in a one piece retro bench style would be nice. (like I said, I like their products and cust service)

HEY! Saddlemen makes that accessory TU250 seat for Suzuki.
IRS Media is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:23 AM   #21
rivercreep
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRS Media View Post

HEY! Saddlemen makes that accessory TU250 seat for Suzuki.
Got a link? I can't find the damn thing at a dealership anywhere.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #22
bajaburro
Ancient Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,550
saddleman

they have made several seats for my bikes over the years.i'm lucky i can just drop by their place i'm only 30 min. away.they have always been very fair with me.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #23
schaffer40
I look lived in.....

Oddometer: 395
I am dropping off my KLR on Monday for them to use as a guinea pig for their new adventure seat. Looking forward to the end result.

Punk Rock Changed My Life- The Minutemen
schaffer40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #24
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,968
is saddleman building their own bases or using the stock for the dr650?

procycle already has a seat from them.
http://www.procycle.us/bikepages/dr650.html#bodyframe
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #25
schaffer40
I look lived in.....

The emails I have received indicate that this is a new adventure seat they are developing that will be built around a unique seat pan. There are different materials being evaluated for the pan.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #26
Saddlemen Seats&Bags OP
We Ride!

Oddometer: 8
It is a Custom Production Seat!

Our Saddlemen ADV seats are hand crafted. Start with a hand laid fiberglass pan (not plastic...), add dual density foam, add SaddleGel, integrate center channel, add heating elements, add a dual stage fabric cover (microfiber and gripper), and then build luggage tie down points into the seat.

You get a bad ass seat ready to be ridden around the world!

(Spy photo attached.)
Attached Images

www.Saddlemen.com
www.facebook.com/Saddlemen
Saddlemen Seats&Bags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:40 AM   #27
schaffer40
I look lived in.....

I dropped off my KLR yesterday to the SADDLEMEN R&D Dept. After seeing what they are developing I am really excited to see how the final product performs.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #28
kojack
My Hardley is a POS

Oddometer: 970
Saddleman, can you develop a 2up setup with backrest for the KLR 650 please!
kojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:34 PM   #29
Bugle
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Might be returning ProGel cushion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post

procycle already has a seat from them.
http://www.procycle.us/bikepages/dr650.html#bodyframe

Bought the cushion yesterday for $100, but might return it in favor of that ProCycle Seat foam and cover option. Anybody have any experience with that kit?
Old 02-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #30
schaffer40
I look lived in.....

Picked up my bike from Saddlemen today. I rode about a hundred miles around Orange County on the new seat. It feels very comfy already and I'm sure there is going to be some break in so it should get even better. Went to the open house at Solo Moto Parts and saw some cool gear and showed off the new seat.