Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
Amageza OP
Live like your dying

Oddometer: 6
Wink Amageza Rally

Press Release: 6th January 2012

KTM Cape Town are the official motorcycle manufacture sponsor to the 2012 Amageza Rally, held in the Sutherland area from the 28-29 April 2012.

The Amageza Rally (‘amageza’ - Xhosa for ‘crazy’) is Southern Africa’s motorcycle, multi-staged rally event – similar in style to the Dakar and Baja 1000. Being the second year of this dual-sport motorcycle challenge, 2012 will see participants navigate numerous ‘liaison’ and ‘special’ legs using their riding skills and a rally roadbook.

Riding road legal dual-sport motorbikes equal or exceeding 450cc, this rally is for the physically fit & advanced rider. The route navigates dramatically varied terrain from high-speed gravel; to deep sand; jeep track; and rocky, washed-out farm roads.

While most motorcycle manufactures have decided to chase the lucrative soft-adventure European and North American market – producing adventure bikes that lean more towards two-up + luggage, tar or gravel highway travel – KTM Cape Town focussed on building an affordable hardcore rally-style adventure bike. The KTM 690 Oryx is just as comfortable riding technically challenging dry riverbeds, as it is cruising long open roads. This bike effectively creates a new offroad motorcycle segment, with the class-leading performance, light-weight engineering & suspension from the KTM 690R; coupled with a protective rally fairing & 450km+ petrol range. The 2012 Amageza Rally is the ideal habitat for KTM Cape Town’s KTM 690 Oryx – joining the sponsor motorcycle apparel brands Kriega and Klim.

The Amageza Rally will expand yearly: 2013 is being planned as a 5-day rally event; 2014 is a 10-day event covering most of South Africa’s neighbouring states; and in 2015 the Amageza Rally Run will have grown to be a 14-day African Motorbike Rally, crossing most of Southern Africa. Motivated by the spirit of the Dakar fore-fathers, on the shores of Africa, where it belongs!

100 participants, who successfully completed one of the 4x 2012 Amageza Qualifiers, will take part in this extreme dual-sport motorcycle challenge. If you missed a 2012 Amageza Qualifier, you may still be be able to snatch one of the remaining entries. Apply via contacting admin@amageza.com, and sending an overview of your riding experience. Further details are available at www.amageza.com, or visit the Facebook page – Amageza.
Attached Images

Amageza screwed with this post 01-05-2012 at 10:23 PM
Amageza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,496
I can't wait for 2015! Have a good interactive web site so we can follow along please.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
Amageza OP
Live like your dying

Thanks shrineclown. We will definitely up the web-site interactivity. In fact, the web-site is due for a overall for the 2013 event where the route will go through Namibia and Botswana before returning to South Africa.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #4
Tau Anvil
African by trade

Oddometer: 246
Lekker Amageza

Some pics of me at the previous Qualifiers
I need a Safari rear tank for my 2013 Wr450 if anybody has one.

Tau Anvil screwed with this post 01-05-2012 at 10:44 PM Reason: wrong pic...
Tau Anvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #5
mountainboy1974
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
lekker!!!!!

I'll be a spectator at least
mountainboy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:31 AM   #6
rcerrie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Great stuff, keeping an eye on this one.
rcerrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:00 PM   #7
Crazydog
aka Andy660

Oddometer: 20
Amagesa

Looking forward to this one
Crazydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #8
WildeBees
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Qualifiers

I see that the four qualifiers have been done last year, any chance of another qualifier this year? Really want to go...
WildeBees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #9
biggles0449
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
If you have to "qualify" to race... does this mean it wont be open to international entrants? I would be interested in entering in one of the planned longer events, but not if i have to come down and pre qualify.. seems a bit daft, when all major rallies in the world dont even ask this..

What's the thinking towards internationals, is there some sort of encouragement / assistance, along the lines of the Qatar races?

Cheers
Old 02-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #10
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles0449 View Post
If you have to "qualify" to race... does this mean it wont be open to international entrants? I would be interested in entering in one of the planned longer events, but not if i have to come down and pre qualify.. seems a bit daft, when all major rallies in the world dont even ask this..

What's the thinking towards internationals, is there some sort of encouragement / assistance, along the lines of the Qatar races?

Cheers
I believe the purpose behind the qualifiers was there just to winnow down the large number of not-so-serious entrants in RSA. Im sure if you contacted the organisation with some kind of demonstrated rally history you would be most welcome. At least in my case this was true.
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #11
biggles0449
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
That sounds alright to me then, would be great to get back down to SA for a good ride, especially in the North Gauteng area [Brits] bloody brilliant fun around there.

Maybe see you guys in '13/'14 then!
Old 02-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #12
brent tex
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Hell Id fly home for this one. Any possibility of rental rally prepped bikes???
Lekkerwees.
brent tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #13
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent tex View Post
Hell Id fly home for this one. Any possibility of rental rally prepped bikes???
Lekkerwees.
Hey Brent Tex

I doubt it this year, but maybe if you know people there you could. Next year it is more likely, and I believe will be four days long.
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #14
Amageza OP
Live like your dying

Amageza

2013 will be 5 days. We will be adding Namibia and Botswana to the route.

Working on getting the Amageza to be a FIM sanctioned event via MSA.

KTM Cape Town has a plan to set up fully spec'd machines you can hire from them for the rally.

There will be a final qualifier a day before the rally. All who did not qualify is required to complete this route in the time provided. This is to make sure that to the best of our knowledge, we have ensured the skill level of each pilot is adequate. The route is easily doable by a skilled rider.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:09 AM   #15
Amageza OP
Live like your dying

Monster goes Crazy

Most companies spend their money on ad agencies, TV commercials, radio spots, and billboards to tell you how good their products are. At Monster we choose none of the above. Instead, we support the scene, our bands, our athletes and our fans. We back athletes so they can make a career out of their passion. We promote concert tours, so our favourite bands can visit your home town. We celebrate with our fans and riders by throwing parties and making the coolest events we can think of a reality.

At Monster we are all about the things you care about. We all dreamed about being pro athletes, musicians and living the life. We know it takes encouragement and support to make that dream a reality, so with this in mind we are insanely happy to partner with the 2012 Amageza Rally to bring you an event that’ll rock your soul.

Welcome to the:
Monster Energy 2012 Amageza Rally
27-29 April 2012 – Sutherland, South Africa
www.amageza.com

Monster Amageza Rally
In short, at Monster all our guys walk the walk in action sports, punk rock music, partying, hangin’ with the girls, and living life on the edge. Monster is way more than an energy drink. Led by our athletes, musicians, employees, distributors and fans, Monster is…
A lifestyle in a can.