Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,462
Sweetness! Looking forward to the vid
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #182
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,408
My bike stops when I hit snow too. Nice to see you were able to get a few more things done. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend and watching that cool SL go
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #183
oregoncoast OP
Racing Like a Noob

Oddometer: 4,395
website help

I keep forgetting to ask this, but I am looking for someone with some serious talent to help me make up a sweet 4-5 page wordpress website to replace the html one I made. I really don't have time to create it...but I can provide all of the content. Anyone interested in being an Outta Sight Racing Sponsor and give us a hand?? You'd get your name on the van, on the bike and probably a t-shirt and some stickers (ok maybe a tiny bit of cash too if you don't want the glory).

Please send me a PM if interested with a link to sites you've done. Thanks
oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #184
Luke
GPoET&P

Oddometer: 4,037
Well, it barely has anything to do with Mexico, but here goes.

Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #185
oregoncoast OP
Racing Like a Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post

"Whilst?"
Old 03-27-2012, 10:22 PM   #186
HalfFast
Double Secret Pit Ninja

Oddometer: 250
Awesome vid

After the race I think I wanna come ride some of that with you all! Assaulting those trees looks like fun.

2012 2nd place NORRA Mexican 1000
2013 1st place NORRA Mexican 1000
HalfFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #187
Luke
GPoET&P

Oddometer: 4,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFast View Post
After the race I think I wanna come ride some of that with you all! Assaulting those trees looks like fun.
Do. We'll give you the tour.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:05 AM   #188
oregoncoast OP
Racing Like a Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFast View Post
Old 03-28-2012, 06:39 AM   #189
papaduc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post

Nice video Luke.
Music choice was perfect.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:59 AM   #190
LC Garage
On Any Sunday

Oddometer: 678
awesome!

Luke, the video was great, the music was a nice touch and loved the stunt credits at the end. Well done!
Old 03-29-2012, 02:12 AM   #191
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC Garage View Post
Luke, the video was great, the music was a nice touch and loved the stunt credits at the end. Well done!
+1
Old 04-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #192
LC Garage
On Any Sunday

Oddometer: 678
Desert 100 Check-in

I just wanted to give a quick check-in on the Desert 100, I am sure Paul and Luke will have full reports posted sometime in the next 24 hours. We had a good turnout at base camp; Paul, Luke, Hugo, Louise (sp?), myself and my old buddy Don Housley, along with Alex and his team from Konflict Motorsports.

Paul and Luke had left on Friday, so already had camp well established when we rolled in at 11 AM (we left Scappoose at 4 AM). We got signed up for the poker run, threw on our gear and got out on the course (Paul and Luke had already completed the poker run before we even left). About ten miles in, we were rolling along and came across a rider laying in the trail, so we stopped to lend a hand along with a few other riders. Once he was stable and being attended to by EMT's we were off again. About three miles later I was feeling a little too frisky and managed to catch a rock with my front wheel and went down hard on my left shoulder. OUCH! Another rider came by and picked my bike up and with his help got things sorted out and moving again. Now I was moving pretty slowly and just hoping I would be able to ride the next day. Finished the poker run and after taking a short nap decided to fix my bike. We went down to vendor row, bought a used set of aluminum handlebars and with Don and Paul's help got my bike straightened out and rideable again.

Sunday morning dawned cold and wet. Paul and Don kept feeding me ibuprofen and coffee and pretty soon we were all dressed and ready for the start of the race. My strategy was very simple; take it slow and easy, finish in one piece, but just finish. The first row lined up (about a 1,000 riders) for the Leman's start, and with the firing of the cannon, off they went. Our group then lined up (close to 400) and with the cannon we were off. I held back and was nearly last as I had no idea how my shoulder and arm would function and did not want to get in the middle of a group of riders and cause any problems, so just putted along the first mile or two, until we came to the first rocky hill climb. I remembered Paul's advice, pick any line without riders jamming it and just go! So I picked a knarly route to the right and just kept going until at the top I looked back and had passed about two dozen riders. This would go on for the next four hours, lose ground in the fast parts and then pass on hill climbs or the more treacherous stuff. At the 29 mile mark 1st and 2nd place went by and they were battling hard, these guys had already traveled close to 80 miles and were going at it like it was the first lap of the first moto! So as the really fast riders would come up, I did my best to get out of their lines and make my way to the finish. The only other really notable thing was when I was in the line waiting to make the last river crossing and looked to my left and saw what appeared to be a new KTM Super Enduro submerged in the river with just one hand grip sticking out of the water!

It was a great feeling to reach the finish and Don was there waiting with an ice cold coors, what a pal! We are not sure yet how everyone finished, but Don and Paul definitely had respectable finishes in their classes, Paul did an amazing job with that SL350 on this super rough course, I was near the back (oh well, I finished!) and Luke did the full 100, so no matter how he placed that was 100 brutal miles conquered and well done!
Old 04-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #193
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,408
Congratulations guys for the finishes.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:38 PM   #194
oregoncoast OP
Racing Like a Noob

D100

Despite the rain, it was a great weekend!! Allan had a family emergency back east so no pictures, but Luke may have gotten some video of his run.

In the preliminary standings I saw posted before we left, I got 8th in the vintage (pre '86) but am unsure how many entries there were, but I'm pretty confident I had the oldest bike in the race. Although we did some suspension improvements, we are still dealing with about 5 inches of travel in the rear, so the whoops can be a bit challenging
But for thick mud or wet steep hills, you'd be hard pressed to have a better power-plant than a purring 350 twin!

I don't know how Luke and Rick did in the standings, but the only thing that matters at the Desert 100 is to finish. And they both did that! It is a brutal race, and the terrain is tougher than anything the M1K will throw at us, just not as much of it

I will say this for now, the bike ran like a dream. No parts fell off, everything worked as it is supposed to, my confidence in the motor and the bike is very high. And after watching Luke and Rick, my confidence in my team is even higher!!

We also garnered a new sponsor this weekend!!

Cyclops Adventure Sports has stepped up and will be providing us with a sweet LED Race light to help brighten the Baja nights if we get caught out there after dark! Thanks Darryl!! Pictures to follow, but check out their stuff:

http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/

It also looks like Outta Sight Racing will be making another sponsorship announcement in the next day or so

We are very excited about this.....more to come!

Old 04-03-2012, 01:17 AM   #195
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Right on, Outta Sight DYNOMITE!
Way to finish strong. Looking forward to more!