User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2012, 08:33 AM   #211
oregoncoast OP
Racing Like a Noob

Oddometer: 4,394
quickly..

To those that ordered T-Shirts, delivery was delayed due to a family emergency for the team member who was shipping them. I have the shirts and the orders, and they are going out today. The good news is, our stickers are in, so I can get a few of those in there with the shirts now!!!

Thanks for your support and patience!!

A big OSR thanks to one of our biggest individual sponsors, ADV's own Treadless

Last year, Mike came by when we were in Santa Barbara on our way to Mexicali to check out the bike and donate some dough to the cause.

Mike stepped up again this year with a very generous donation that will help put a couple of tanks of fuel in our chase vehicles in Baja!! A Huge Help!!

Treadless is Outta Sight!! LOL

T-Shirts in Brown and Black are available...any size for $25 bucks.

Order and Paypal outtasightracing12@gmail.com

Hoodies are $40 bucks. I will be posting better photos of shirts and stickers soon...right now I need to deal with a leaky roof and crumbling ceiling drywall
oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #212
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,371
Thanks Treadless It's nice knowing there are people like you behind this Outta Sight Racing Team.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #213
pfdskipper
Westside Trash

Oddometer: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregoncoast View Post

But all you'll see of our SL during the race is the taillight!!

pfdskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #214
oregoncoast OP
Racing Like a Noob

Sponsorship..

I just want to thank all of those who have purchased t-shirts in support of our race efforts! I had hoped to put together a better organized sponsorship program with discounts, swag, shirts, etc...but it just didn't happen in time this year. Tough being a team manager and having a full time job! T-shirts and Hoodies still available outtasightracing12@gmail.com

However, we do have some great sponsors who are stepping up to help Outta Sight continue to grow and get involved in more races.

Brian Price from Atomic Moto has been a huge help to me and OSR since the beginning. He has always thought the project was a cool one, and last year he surprised the hell out of me by providing me with some really good gear at some ridiculous prices..and some for free!!

BP has worked with design, development, and manufacturing of motorcycle gear for nearly 20 years, including some high-ranking time with two of the most well-known moto brands in the world. He knows how moto gear is made and sold. He can tell the difference between good stuff and junk from 100 yards, and can spot a deal from a mile away.

Atomic Moto is a family business that Brian and his wife have built up from scratch. They offer some of the best pricing for moto gear anywhere, and what brought me to Atomic in the first place was his honesty when it comes to rating the gear he sells. If he thinks it is junk, he will tell you so; even if he sells the stuff! That kind of straight-talk is a rarity in online merchants these days. Please visit them for your moto gear needs...you will not be disappointed.

ATOMIC MOTO

This year, BP has increased his support and besides for helping our riders with getting necessary gear at discounted pricing, he also helped secure us some national sponsorship from AXO Sport!

AXO Sport was established in 1978 and immediately became industry leader in footwear, clothing and protective apparel for motorcycle enthusiasts. Initially focused on the off-road, AXO quickly broadened its range of products. Today AXO provides its customers with a full set of gear from head-to-toe for street and motocross riding.

AXO has partnered with Atomic-Moto, and will be providing the Outta Sight Racing team with vintage-styled jerseys, pants, boots and gloves! AXO’s Trans Am line of riding gear is an homage to yesterday’s gear, but made with the best of modern materials and manufacturing. We are looking forward to wearing this gear and OSR should indeed look “outta sight” while barreling down the Baja Peninsula!!

Once the gear gets here, I'll post up photos, but trust me, it's gonna be 1972 all over again!!

Alex from Konflict Motorsports has been with us from the beginning as well! He is hardworking small business man who takes great pride in his work. Alex does all of the suspension tuning himself. Last year, he helped us get those stock 40-year-old forks to perform better than we thought possible! This year, Alex tuned our still vintage, 27-year-old XR600R forks and helped us acquire and spec-out our sweet Race Tech rear shocks! If you need some suspension work done, you really should give Alex a shout!

KONFLICT MOTORSPORTS

Darryl from Cyclops told me he had been following our thread and had even sent photos of our bike to his dad, who is a vintage bike guy. I finally met Darryl at this year's Desert 100 and even with a broken sternum and broken nose, Darryl made a point of making sure we got set up with one of his awesome LED racelights for the SL I've always been impressed with the lights that Darryl sells...and after his incredible performance at the Desert 100 on a KTM Adventure...I am impressed with his abilities as a rider even more!!

CYCLOPS ADVENTURE SPORTS

So thanks again, Brian, Alex, Steve (from AXO) and Darryl for helping make Outta Sight Racing's 2012 Mexican 1000 entry happen!!

Please support those who support the sport!

More info about our other sponsors still to come.......

Old 04-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #215
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Look what I found on another thread.

OC, it's nice to see you and your very best sponsor got a chance to get out and see Radioman. Did you take the SL in the Alley Sweeper again?
Old 04-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #216
Luke
GPoET&P

Oddometer: 4,035
Results are out for the Desert 100, and we're mostly above average.

Paul finished 9th of 20 in the vintage class. That's pre '86, many of which look pretty modern against a '72. Rick finished 55th of 82, getting crushed by his friend Don in 21st. Of course, Don was faster than all of us. I finished 67th of 145.

The course didn't just seem harder this year. I was an hour slower this year than last and still placed better.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #217
HalfFast
Double Secret Pit Ninja

Oddometer: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post

Paul finished 9th of 20 in the vintage class. That's pre '86, many of which look pretty modern against a '72. Rick finished 55th of 82, getting crushed by his friend Don in 21st. Of course, Don was faster than all of us. I finished 67th of 145.

The course didn't just seem harder this year. I was an hour slower this year than last and still placed better.
Nice job all around. I hear that race is a pretty tough hundred miles.

2012 2nd place NORRA Mexican 1000
2013 1st place NORRA Mexican 1000
HalfFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #218
MortimerSickle
Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,575
Hey OC, good to see you again.

Thanks for the sticker; it nicely compliments my vintage tools.

Just ignore that electroniciky-looking thing on the left.

I miss round headlights.

"When I was a young man, I liked to race my horse...." -
G.H.W.S. 1878-1962
MortimerSickle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #219
LC Garage
On Any Sunday

Oddometer: 677
Goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post

So even though we just got back from the D100 and are just getting ready to leave for Mexico, I am already in deep thought for next year's D100 and have set a goal for myself in next years race; finish the 50 miler in under 3 hours on my TTR250. Even though Don wants to talk me into a KTM and sure it would be easier, we wouldn't be racing an SL350 in Mexico if we liked the easy way out, now would we?

Full disclosure; Luke rode the 100 mile class, the rest of us (Don & Rick "Super Seniors" and Paul "Vintage") were in the 50 mile class. My goal is to increase speed and endurance the next couple years and another goal is to race the full 100 miles (two loops) when I turn 60.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:23 AM   #220
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,252
Got my new Airoh Stelt yesterday, which should look great with our new AXO gear.

Photobucket

I've been spending every day in the gym, doing both cardio, and strength training. It is paying off hugely when out riding. We're still snowed in enough that I don't get to ride much distance, just a lot of short technical...

Truck prep this weekend. Which really just amounts to getting the truck serviced and making a ramp mount to keep it out of the way of everything crammed into the bed.

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:04 AM   #221
Brtp4
Yea, its a friggin L

Oddometer: 1,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post
Got my new Airoh Stelt yesterday, which should look great with our new AXO gear.

I've been spending every day in the gym, doing both cardio, and strength training. It is paying off hugely when out riding. We're still snowed in enough that I don't get to ride much distance, just a lot of short technical...

Truck prep this weekend. Which really just amounts to getting the truck serviced and making a ramp mount to keep it out of the way of everything crammed into the bed.
Have that same helmet, love it. You will too.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #222
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post

Ramp mount? What are you coming up with to keep it out of the way? I want to get some more tie down points in the bed of my truck. I was thinking of seeing if Dillon could help me get my truck ready with things like that.

Can't wait to see all you guys dressed in your new gear.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #223
oregoncoast OP
Racing Like a Noob

Countdown to fun...

As the days are winding down to the start of the Mexican 1000, I found myself having some race jitters and anxiety about the bike. However, now I'm getting into a good groove looking forward to having a lot of fun with some good people.

It look's like the Lameco guys got their registration in so there will indeed be two Honda 350 Twins entered in this year's Mexican 1000. I was flattered that Azcagiva decided to build up a SL350 Baja racer after following our thread last year. We had some fun talking smack back and forth, but as the race approaches, I am feeling much more relaxed and excited by this turn of events. I was reminded today after talking with my life-long friend, and last year's crew member Johnny D, that all that matters to us is to have the bike finish the course each day, cross the finish line under its own power in San Jose Del Cabo and do it all without any of the OSR crew getting injured. Oh and most importantly, have some fun! And I hope the same for all of the Lameco crew as well!

Off road racing in Baja has some really strong motorcycle roots...and as I was reminded today by a great link provided to me by my racing brother Ted Sumner of Truck 10 at this year's M1K, at the base of those roots are a pair of Honda Twins!!

The fact is, 50 years ago this month, Bud and Dave Ekins piloted two Honda CL72 Honda Twins (250cc predecessors to the Honda 350 twin) down the Baja Peninsula and created the record for others to try and beat; 39 hours 56 minutes! This was the beginning of what would become the Mexican 1000, a race in which my heros, Larry Bergquist and Gary Preston, won the overall in 1968 M1K running on a Honda CL350 Twin!!

I think its pretty special that almost 50 years to the month of the Ekins' boys run, two vintage Honda Twins will once again be barreling down Baja trying to make it more than 1000 miles in the shortest amount of time possible!

Read their story here:

THE 1ST BAJA 1000

And follow our story here
Old 04-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #224
azcagiva
new orange flavor

Oddometer: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregoncoast View Post

As the days are winding down to the start of the Mexican 1000, I found myself having some race jitters and anxiety about the bike. However, now I'm getting into a good groove looking forward to having a lot of fun with some good people.

It look's like the Lameco guys got their registration in so there will indeed be two Honda 350 Twins entered in this year's Mexican 1000. I was flattered that Azcagiva decided to build up a SL350 Baja racer after following our thread last year. We had some fun talking smack back and forth, but as the race approaches, I am feeling much more relaxed and excited by this turn of events. I was reminded today after talking with my life-long friend, and last year's crew member Johnny D, that all that matters to us is to have the bike finish the course each day, cross the finish line under its own power in San Jose Del Cabo and do it all without any of the OSR crew getting injured. Oh and most importantly, have some fun! And I hope the same for all of the Lameco crew as well!

Off road racing in Baja has some really strong motorcycle roots...and as I was reminded today by a great link provided to me by my racing brother Ted Sumner of Truck 10 at this year's M1K, at the base of those roots are a pair of Honda Twins!!

The fact is, 50 years ago this month, Bud and Dave Ekins piloted two Honda CL72 Honda Twins (250cc predecessors to the Honda 350 twin) down the Baja Peninsula and created the record for others to try and beat; 39 hours 56 minutes! This was the beginning of what would become the Mexican 1000, a race in which my heros, Larry Bergquist and Gary Preston, won the overall in 1968 M1K running on a Honda CL350 Twin!!

I think its pretty special that almost 50 years to the month of the Ekins' boys run, two vintage Honda Twins will once again be barreling down Baja trying to make it more than 1000 miles in the shortest amount of time possible!

Read their story here:

THE 1ST BAJA 1000

And follow our story here
Well I am glad you are relaxed, I on the other hand am still a little nervous.

It is gonna be great running against you guys. Hope that our entry makes things a little more fun. Look forward to meeting you in baja.

-John

www.Raceforthewounded.com
azcagiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #225
oregoncoast OP
Racing Like a Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcagiva View Post
Well I am glad you are relaxed, I on the other hand am still a little nervous.

It is gonna be great running it with you guys. Hope that our entry makes things a little more fun. Look forward to meeting you in baja.

-John
Fixed.