Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2012, 06:00 PM   #421
Gooch
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 275
I'll be looking forward to that. It was a blast to follow you guys.

Incidentally -- I sent you an email in re: a t-shirt but never heard back. Still interested in getting a few bucks from a random inmate?
"I almost got side swiped by a guy on a Honda Shadow that was wearing an H-D tassel laden jacket. I was on my H-D at the time and wearing a Kawasaki T shirt. I wasn't sure which came closer to killing me,the near accident or the irony." wishin4woods

DirtyDog:
"Riding a KLR in an enduro is like trying to put a bear in a wetsuit."
Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #422
DaFoole
Lewddite at large...

Oddometer: 3,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
I'll be looking forward to that. It was a blast to follow you guys.

Incidentally -- I sent you an email in re: a t-shirt but never heard back. Still interested in getting a few bucks from a random inmate?

+1

ooh....and steekers....

I confess, I am a sticker whore.....

Old 06-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #423
Watercat
. . . gravity sucks

Oddometer: 1,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
I did the same re: sweatshirt . . . . . .

" . . . discovery channel has been shit for over a decade . . . this (ADVrider) is actually good." - OldAndBusted

Expect the unexpected! - Skunked & DfunkD

2006 Husky TE 610
2005 Big Strom
2010 THRUXTON
Watercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #424
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,970
Wow! Just finished this.
I followed y'all from the beginning on the first trip, can't believe I missed this one till now.

Great job guys!
Congrats!
Someone quote me so he can see my response
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:38 AM   #425
Treadless
used 2 b aventuring

Oddometer: 5,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFoole View Post
+1

ooh....and steekers....

I confess, I am a whore.....

For mo betta.

Hey OC, you are on my list......

to call tonite.

Treadless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #426
Irish1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 490
OC and the gang, I've followed this thread since the beginning and enjoyed it as much as Neduro's Dakar thread. Part of it was because the first bike I ever rode back in the 60's was a fun little CB350 and I just loved the revvability of that bike. It SEEMED fast, even dragging the humongous Vetter fairing around. You guys (and Gal!) have kept your spirits up during all the long hours of preparation and driving long distances to hit races and you might be the first crew ever to run an SL350 in a Trials. Thanks for keeping all us ADVRiders critters entertained and engaged. If I'm in better financial shape next year I'll ship you some loot.
Irish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #427
oregoncoast OP
Racing Like a Noob

Oddometer: 4,408
Thanks again for all of the kind words! Really means a lot to all of us.

Thanks for the phone call Treadless, great talking to you and make sure you keep what we spoke of to yourself...

Shirts and sweatshirts. Well, I went and checked. The shop I used is a small one and after several weeks of limited interest in shirts (no enough to make it worth making them) he cleaned the screens to use for another job (with my ok), meaning that those of you who have 2012 Outta Sight shirts and sweatshirts are now proud owners of collector shirts - because no more of that design shirt will ever be made again!

I will be using the same character next year, so please check back then and buy early and often

I hope to have the bike rideable for the AHRMA National MX at the farm in Chehalis, Washington in August - Last year we ran the SL in the Observed Trials there:

Rick (LC Garage) will be fielding his SL in the MX race at Chehalis again this year, so if the moon's align, there might just be two SL350's in a moto with both of us sporting our sweet AXO Outta Sight gear...I hope Rick will take it easy on me, because that guy can race!

But the reality is, the OSR SL350 is leaking oil like a stuck pig, has no mufflers, worn tires and still has no rectifier mounted since Rick lost the other one somewhere north of Cabo!!

So it will be a wait and see on whether I make it or not.

On other fronts, it appears that perhaps a photo taken by our own Loud Al has been used as an AXO ad in VMX Mag in Australia! If anyone has a copy of this and can scan or link to it so we can see it, that would be awesome!!

Happy Independence Day you FF's, I hope you have a great 4th celebration with your families and friends!

oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #428
LC Garage
On Any Sunday

Oddometer: 683
But the reality is, the OSR SL350 is leaking oil like a stuck pig, has no mufflers, worn tires and still has no rectifier mounted since Rick lost the other one somewhere north of Cabo!!

You better be there! Plenty of spare parts in the barn, including rectifiers. We just need to check with Luke and see if he changed the color coding on the rectifier wiring.

On other fronts, it appears that perhaps a photo taken by our own Loud Al has been used as an AXO ad in VMX Mag in Australia! If anyone has a copy of this and can scan or link to it so we can see it, that would be awesome!!

Jan called VMX Australia and ordered two copies of the magazine, one copy will be for you.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #429
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,516
What about the rest of the team and especially the person that took the photo?

So quickly forgotten

How about the information on how to get a copy?
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #430
oregoncoast OP
Racing Like a Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC Garage View Post

You better be there! Plenty of spare parts in the barn, including rectifiers. We just need to check with Luke and see if he changed the color coding on the rectifier wiring.

Jan called VMX Australia and ordered two copies of the magazine, one copy will be for you.
Great news on the mag! Thanks!

I have a rectifier ready to be attached, I just didn't want to butcher the fine wiring Luke did with my remedial-at-best wiring skills
Old 07-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #431
oregoncoast OP
Racing Like a Noob

more good news...

I had the pleasure of talking with Dave Despain again today. Appears that he is writing an article for Cycleworld about the Mexican 1000, and looks like the story of the "Battle of the Honda Twins" might be a part of it. I know he also spoke with LameCo's John and some team members, and he spoke to us in Mexico, and then again today on the phone. Thanks John for the PM!

It would be great for NORRA to get as much positive media coverage as possible. I would love to see the entrant list grow. It really is a fun race!!

Mr. Despain wasn't sure when the article would be published, but knowing the print media business, probably a couple of months.

It's funny, I called Mr. Despain back and got his voicemail. He then called me back and apologized for not taking my call because he had Eddie Mulder on the other line, and "Eddie is a little hard to track down." Well, I know how I rate....

I laughed and then mentioned (name dropped) that I met Eddie Mulder at the M1K in 2011 when was our motel neighbor and he was doing the tech inspection on the bike...which of course, consisted of Eddie smoking a large cigar, sitting beside me, shooting the breeze, and looking at the SL.

All in all, the M1K and NORRA have proven to be very good to me and Outta Sight Racing. I'm pround to be an active participant for sure!

So keep your eyes peeled for an article with some old SL350's racing down in Baja in the upcoming issues of Cycleworld!
Old 07-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #432
gs211
Adventurer wannabe!!

Oddometer: 63
Cycle World??

That would be so cool..I'll have to get my copy autographed when it get's here
Old 07-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #433
LC Garage
On Any Sunday

Oddometer: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
What about the rest of the team and especially the person that took the photo?

So quickly forgotten

How about the information on how to get a copy?
Here is the link for anyone that would like a copy (issue number 50);

http://www.vmxmag.com.au/05_buy_vmx_...x.php?issue=50

Brace yourself though, they are $19.50 a copy plus $5.00 shipping.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #434
oregoncoast OP
Racing Like a Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC Garage View Post
Here is the link for anyone that would like a copy (issue number 50);

http://www.vmxmag.com.au/05_buy_vmx_...x.php?issue=50

Brace yourself though, they are $19.50 a copy plus $5.00 shipping.

Thanks Rick.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:59 AM   #435
oregoncoast OP
Racing Like a Noob

Sideburn

I had found this awesome little British motorcycle mag call "Sideburn" while visiting Thor's coffee shop in Portland (See See Motorcycles - the guy that puts on The One Motorcycle Show). I loved this little mag so I sent in some photos and info about our efforts. They emailed today and finally got around to posting it on their blog. Now its getting a little bit of love in the way of positive comments! Just thought I'd let you guys know.....

http://sideburnmag.blogspot.co.uk/

They have this great AMA flat track video posted right above our entry! Super Groovy "On any Sunday" vibe to the sound track....Out of Sight!!

...now back to moving dirt and building a deck in my backyard!