Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2012, 09:35 AM   #16
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBC View Post
Had a great time on Friday with Fishnbiker, the only problem is what to buy next. Also my eyes had a hard time focusing on the motorcycles with some of the distractions caused by the hostesses.

Amzoil girls,,,,,very distracting,,,,,in a good way of course.

Steve
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:04 PM   #17
Adventure Hammer OP
Ham Radio VE7JMN

Oddometer: 44
Amzoil Girls

Amzoil Girls, never noticed them!

Where were they?

Jim In snowy Logan Lake
Adventure Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #18
waterlilly
No Agenda World Tour

Oddometer: 786
As this was our first time at this show,I have to say it was a fun time even considering the weather was not the greatest. Great to meet our exhisting customer base, and to meet potenial new customers.
Thank you everyone to who stopped by our little booth to say hello.
Look forward to coming back to ride out here. BC has some great riding and camping areas.
Cheers
Catharine
join us on Facebook
waterlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:37 AM   #19
Cowgirl
Cougar on the prowl

Oddometer: 3,978
I only took a couple of pictures at the show and I have to post this one. I'll never own one of these but I think they're truly beautiful. Art deco meets sci-fi.

A Cougar goes racing
Lead me not into temptation ............ just follow me, I know a short-cut.
Cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #20
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
I only took a couple of pictures at the show and I have to post this one. I'll never own one of these but I think they're truly beautiful. Art deco meets sci-fi.

I call this a polarizing artistic impression.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #21
BCDRZer
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Low Rate for Van Moto Show

Glad I found this post, two years ago I was given the ADV rate by mistake at The Coast Abbotsford and was offered this rate again this year when booking. They aren't offering the 10$ gift certificate but ARE offering 15% off at the restaurant for Adventure riders. Call the front desk to book as there is nothing on thier website about this. 99 offered for ALL Van Moto attendees and 89 if you mention adventure riders
BCDRZer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #22
Cal
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 796
Cowgirl
Those Victorys always bring a smile to my face..... reminds me of the old TV show The Jettson's
I always wonder what personality type buys these machines?
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #23
Deuce
Crazy Canuck

Oddometer: 2,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBC View Post
..........Also my eyes had a hard time focusing on the motorcycles with some of the distractions caused by the hostesses.
It boggles my mind that in this day and age that manufacturers still think that a set of rubber tits and a short skirt will increase the sales of their product. The fastest growing demographic in motorcycling are women. The companies are still pandering to the +40 yr. old drooling old men that are slowly giving up riding and buying motorhomes!

I haven't been to a bike show in the last 10 years and this is one of the reasons why.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #24
squonker
Eat my shorts

Oddometer: 4,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
It boggles my mind that in this day and age that manufacturers still think that a set of rubber tits and a short skirt will increase the sales of their product.

I haven't been to a bike show in the last 10 years and this is one of the reasons why.
Because you're dead?

Ride Report: Canada North to South 2008 here
Drive Report: Ice Road Trucking 2005-2014 here

squonker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #25
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
It boggles my mind that in this day and age that manufacturers still think that a set of rubber tits and a short skirt will increase the sales of their product. The fastest growing demographic in motorcycling are women. The companies are still pandering to the +40 yr. old drooling old men that are slowly giving up riding and buying motorhomes!

Perhaps if you realized that those girls are getting paid a very good sum, and were not forced into their task, and they are in fact selling oil, not bikes, may settle your thoughts. There are many things in life that could easily offend me, but I'm afraid I would be backed into a corner of avoiding almost everything life throws at me.
I'm just thinking out loud what would be the best way to sell a bike to a lady in an advertising campaign?
Anyways, I'll be there Friday, looking for deals, probably not finding any. Probably give Motovan and Parts Canada guys a rant as I do every year for ripping off the Canadian bike shops.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #26
indr

Oddometer: 1,197
Never been to a moto show. Is there stuff for sale? Gear, jackets, boots, etc?
indr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:56 PM   #27
Deuce
Crazy Canuck

Oddometer: 2,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
I'm just thinking out loud what would be the best way to sell a bike to a lady in an advertising campaign? Anyways, I'll be there Friday, looking for deals, probably not finding any. Probably give Motovan and Parts Canada guys a rant as I do every year for ripping off the Canadian bike shops.
Oops! I didn't realize this thread was about last years show. Maybe this year they will have reps (male & female) that actually know something about the product they're selling.

I am sure the models are getting paid well. That wasn't my point. My point is that companies still believe that 'sex' sells. The same mentality exits in the auto & electronics industry too. I guess I was hoping that guys by now wouldn't fall for this type of advertising and promotion. I appreciate beautiful woman as much as the next guy. I just don't need to be tripping over them when I want to check out the latest bike I might be buying.

I found that the best way to sell a bike to a woman was treat them as an equal and don't patronize them by trying to flog 'em a scooter. Two of the best riders I know are ladies and can run circles around most of the other guys I ride with. Myself included!

Give the folks from Motovan a ear full for me too!

Deuce screwed with this post 01-15-2013 at 10:07 PM
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #28
toowheels
on a mission...

Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Oops! I didn't realize this thread was about last years show. Maybe this year they will have reps (male & female) that actually know something about the product they're selling.

I am sure the models are getting paid well. That wasn't my point. My point is that companies still believe that 'sex' sells. The same mentality exits in the auto & electronics industry too. I guess I was hoping that guys by now wouldn't fall for this type of advertising and promotion. I appreciate beautiful woman as much as the next guy. I just don't need to be tripping over them when I want to check out the latest bike I might be buying.

I found that the best way to sell a bike to a woman was treat them as an equal and don't patronize them by trying to flog 'em a scooter. Two of the best riders I know are ladies and can run circles around most of the other guys I ride with. Myself included!

Give the folks from Motovan a ear full for me too!
I'll be at the show again this year and I know what I'm talking about AND I actually ride the stuff!

To top it all off we make our parts HERE and we don't rip ya off for the GL stuff we sell

I started this thread a few days ago:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=855079

Yes indr there is stuff for sale/ on sale

See ya there?

Dave
Old 01-15-2013, 11:23 PM   #29
Cowgirl
Cougar on the prowl

Oddometer: 3,978
Resurrected thread

Since we've brought this thread back to life, who's going? I'll be there Sunday.
A Cougar goes racing
Lead me not into temptation ............ just follow me, I know a short-cut.
Cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:53 AM   #30
Rick West
Function not Farkles

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
It boggles my mind that in this day and age that manufacturers still think that a set of rubber tits and a short skirt will increase the sales of their product.
Just a few Surrey girls who need a day time job. The Abbotsford show is so amateur that these girls are a perfect match to the quality of vendors that are there.