ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #151
Hobbes950
Darth Kitten

Oddometer: 3,484
Nice ride. I am gonna save that map. Speaking of which, did you ever get the GPS tracks of that ride we went on figured out? I was looking at some maps trying to figure it out. Seems funny to be able to get lost so close to home.

My Ride Reports
Hobbes950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:02 PM   #152
SierraJeep
It's toast

Oddometer: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes95821 View Post
Nice ride. I am gonna save that map. Speaking of which, did you ever get the GPS tracks of that ride we went on figured out? I was looking at some maps trying to figure it out. Seems funny to be able to get lost so close to home.
No, I never got past the point of endless arguments with my GPS. On the GPS, I have saved the route (and can call up the route and see it on the screen). But on my computer when I try to download the route, all I get is a short line from Sierra Motor Sports up to some point near the Banner Lava Cap overcrossing.

I am guessing the area you can't seem to find on the map is the part between Chalk Bluff Road (at Buckeye Road) and the Deer Creek Forebay. That's where I ventured off the main routes (that may show up on a Google map) and got onto the USFS roads. If you have one of their maps you may be able to find those routes. (But you may have to wait until spring now.)

The other part was from Relief Hill Road, where we turned north onto Snow Tent Road (and eventually hit the snow) and took that up to the Graniteville Road (that's where you got concerned about your fan not coming on). From there we went west to Durbeck Road and turned south and went back into the State Park and through the North Bloomfiled (a.k.a. Humbug) townsite.

2010 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 450 EXC
SierraJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:25 AM   #153
Southbark
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Hello I am in elk grove here and just glad to see some people in sac on this board. I have a 2009 Kawasaki Versys and was lookin for someone to ride with in the area.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #154
Parx400 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoologan View Post
This is turning out to be a great thread Parx. If only we can get TT120 and Ridgerunner to pop in :)
Ya it is.
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #155
dino2000
No Bad Daze

Oddometer: 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by knobbyjoe View Post
Well I ride through Sac often. I'm from Reno but travel to Stockton all the time. Oh, UCS grad too.

Do you guys have a goto dyno shop in town. KTM 990 adventure 2008 is in need of that special tuneECU treatment.

KJ
OAK PARK.

Only one good dyno / tuning shop in town. Motorcycle Machining Specialities, Karl is the owners name. Tell him Dino sent you.

Parx, looking forward to seeing that Capo. Still trying to find a clean one for my street/touring bike. Getting rid of mine was a HUGE mistake. I have a set of stock mufflers hanging in my garage you are welcome to if you want them.

dino2000 screwed with this post 02-27-2012 at 02:37 PM
dino2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #156
Hobbes950
Darth Kitten

Oddometer: 3,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraJeep View Post
No, I never got past the point of endless arguments with my GPS. On the GPS, I have saved the route (and can call up the route and see it on the screen). But on my computer when I try to download the route, all I get is a short line from Sierra Motor Sports up to some point near the Banner Lava Cap overcrossing.

I am guessing the area you can't seem to find on the map is the part between Chalk Bluff Road (at Buckeye Road) and the Deer Creek Forebay. That's where I ventured off the main routes (that may show up on a Google map) and got onto the USFS roads. If you have one of their maps you may be able to find those routes. (But you may have to wait until spring now.)

The other part was from Relief Hill Road, where we turned north onto Snow Tent Road (and eventually hit the snow) and took that up to the Graniteville Road (that's where you got concerned about your fan not coming on). From there we went west to Durbeck Road and turned south and went back into the State Park and through the North Bloomfiled (a.k.a. Humbug) townsite.
To tell you the truth, most everything off of chalk bluff had me lost. I wasn't really paying attention, just following the guy ahead and trying to keep that bald tire steady through the muddy sections. Should have brought my GPS to keep tack. Oh well.

My Ride Reports
Hobbes950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #157
SierraJeep
It's toast

Oddometer: 627
Well, we can run that section (between You Bet and Highway 20) again some time when you have your GPS. You would never be expected to learn that area (with its 50 dozen roads and trails) after one partial crossing through the area.

Of course that will likely have to wait until after the snows melt and the days get longer.

2010 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 450 EXC
SierraJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:39 PM   #158
RedLeg
Itchy and Burning

Oddometer: 69
Btt
RedLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #159
jags650
n00b

Oddometer: 6
ride

one more rider from pollock pines tw200 , klr 650 , 1600 roadstar,- ride-on ! thanks ray
jags650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #160
Nytro
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Small World

Hey, J.Gordon. Cool to see another Super Enduro out there!

Hope you got the strap sorted on your bike.
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #161
brieninsac
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Fields in Natomas

Any dirt bike riders in Natomas know of some local fields I can get dirty in without being chased away?
brieninsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:21 AM   #162
scottrnelson
Team Orange

Oddometer: 1,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by brieninsac View Post
Any dirt bike riders in Natomas know of some local fields I can get dirty in without being chased away?
Ummm... Prairie City?

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1221

It will cost you five bucks to get in, but there are lots of "fields" there to ride around in and as long as you stay out of the 4x4/Trials area, nobody will chase you out of the rest of it.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #163
brieninsac
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrnelson View Post
Ummm... Prairie City?

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1221

It will cost you five bucks to get in, but there are lots of "fields" there to ride around in and as long as you stay out of the 4x4/Trials area, nobody will chase you out of the rest of it.
Ya I know about Prairie City. I live in North Natomas and there are tons of open fields out here. I'd like to find a place close by I can play in.
brieninsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #164
2manyrides
shifty charactor

Oddometer: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by brieninsac View Post
Brian the days of open fields started closing down in the mid 70's...
Add 30+ years and use your imagination to forsee where a good open field is at!

Who here remembers what they used to call "honda hills"?
And you used to be able to go out anywhere along the river, cross the levee and go anywhere.
You used to be able to ride in the flood plain where water exits the weir over by the chp academy.

What we did yesterday was take latrobe road complete, made a round trip out of it that included pizza and beer.

Even here, there is no open field on either side of the road, for it's entirety. Barbed wire.

That's not to say that you couldn't do the outlaw thing with a dualsport and find a field out in natomas, make a couple loops in it and move on before some one reports it.

and here's my channel...
http://www.youtube.com/user/2manyrides?feature=mhsn#p/u
2manyrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #165
Parx400 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,483
I think we saw you Sunday, the Guy on the KTM. There were 4 of us coming up Scott road, 2 guys on adv bikes, one guy on a gixxer, and a girl on a sv650. We were coming back from Pizza Factory in Ione. You were coming down a dirt road about to get back on the street when we waved to you.
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote