ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2012, 09:52 PM   #181
SierraJeep
It's toast

Oddometer: 627
It's snowing up here again. At least it's a break from the rain.

2010 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 450 EXC
SierraJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #182
Southbark
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Yea waitin on rain to go away. Would have gone to parkfield but my tires suck in the rain and don't have the rain gear
Old 03-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #183
Parx400 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,507
Bones road side via fishrock 3/31/12

Bones roadside ride. If you have not had Bones Road side BBQ you truly have never lived. Best BBQ ever.

When 3/31/12
West sac Chevron, 8am, kick stands up by 8:30.
This ride will take us close to 5 hours to get the coast so we need to limit the stops. First leg will be to the gas stations across the street from busters in Calastoga where we will fill up. We can take another small break on fish rock before heading to bones road side. 128 and fish rock are some amazing roads that head to the coast.

The last 15 miles of fish rock road is an unpaved but well maintained road. The country grades it all the time so its hard packed with some gravel in the dirt to keep it from getting slippery. Lots of people live on this road plus there are a few wineries. I'm sure you ADV boys can handle that :)

The ride back will be Annapolis road, back to stewards/ Skaggs. We should be home between 6 and 730. I will make a GPS file for this if anyone wants it.

The pace will be brisk, but not crazy fast. Im still getting use to my new bike. We will wait for everyone but be ready for a long day.
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #184
RocknTroll
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parx400 View Post
Bones roadside ride. If you have not had Bones Road side BBQ you truly have never lived. Best BBQ ever.

When 3/31/12
This ride will take us close to 5 hours to get the coast so we need to limit the stops. First leg will be to the gas stations across the street from busters in Calastoga where we will fill up. We can take another small break on fish rock before heading to bones road side. 128 and fish rock are some amazing roads that head to the coast.

The last 15 miles of fish rock road is an unpaved but well maintained road. The country grades it all the time so its hard packed with some gravel in the dirt to keep it from getting slippery. Lots of people live on this road plus there are a few wineries. I'm sure you ADV boys can handle that :)

The ride back will be Annapolis road, back to stewards/ Skaggs. We should be home between 6 and 730. I will make a GPS file for this if anyone wants it.

The pace will be brisk, but not crazy fast. Im still getting use to my new bike. We will wait for everyone but be ready for a long day.

BBQ sounds like a good destination, might be up for this if...

GPS file might help make a decision, or not make sure the BBQ is a waypoint.

"Stay smart. Don't put your stupid hat on at this point in time... " Gov. Pat McCrory
RocknTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #185
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocknTroll View Post
BBQ sounds like a good destination, might be up for this if...

GPS file might help make a decision, or not make sure the BBQ is a waypoint.
+1 May just meet you all there.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #186
Parx400 OP
Beastly Adventurer

I will make a gps file soon. It's a fun ride.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:57 PM   #187
Southbark
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parx400 View Post

When 3/31/12

What's the address of this place?
Old 03-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #188
dr_rider
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I,m from Placerville......just found this thread....put it in the favorites so I can keep tabs on all the plans....hope to get in on some rides real soon

08 DR650
01 DRZ400
95 Ultra Classic
dr_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:31 AM   #189
Parx400 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southbark View Post
What's the address of this place?
http://www.bonesroadhouse.com/

We are going through berryessa to calistoga, up 128, then across to the coast on fishrock road. Taking Skaggs and Stewart's back to Calistoga and through berryessa for the ride home. If someone needs to be home early there are lots of places to break off and slab the hyway home. I plan to be home by 7.

The starting point will be the chevon in west sac next to the hyway. The one at the last exit before Davis. Enterprise I think is what it's called.

Its about 350 miles round trip. I will be on my caponord. I did this ride on my Dakar last year and a single will do just fine.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:23 AM   #190
larryboy
Leisurely Liar

Oddometer: 13,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54 View Post
+1 May just meet you all there.

If the weather is nice we might show up too, I really don't feel like riding Skaggs in the rain.
larryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:25 AM   #191
Parx400 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
If the weather is nice we might show up too, I really don't feel like riding Skaggs in the rain.
If its going to rain the trip will be canceled. I don't feel like riding in the rain at all.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:32 AM   #192
2manyrides
shifty charactor

Oddometer: 1,583
I gotta do it this year

What's funny about this thread is more people who don't actualy live in sac have chimed in than those who do.
More power to ya though as I wanted to get out of town since the 70's.
Another thing I have been wanting to do since 2 years ago was to hook up on this...

Throwbacks *Friday* Season Opener 13 April

Formaly held on thursday nights I have not gotten round to it yet.
Below is your reminder...
I copied it from a craig's list ad. As the season nears, who'd be interested?
I think it give a reasson to get out and a destination. Maybe food at the end of a day's adventure?

The 2012 Season Opener of Throwback's *Friday* (Formerly Thursday night), the foothill's premier vintage custom monthly get-together is right around the corner on Friday the 13 of April, 5-9pm.
Get your project finished and on the road for the inaugural of this year's monthly ride-in.

In tradition established over generations, Throwbacks once again are hosting a monthly ride-in for vintage choppers and show and go customs at
Paco's Tacos
550 Mill Street,
Grass Valley, CA.

Gathering killer cycles and their bodacious riders from all over NorCal, this family friendly event features killer grub and period tunes.
Better yet: No fees, no attitudes, just plain old low brow fun on two wheels. Tell your friends, and we'll see your ugly mug on Friday night!
For more information call Troop: (530) 559-5316

and here's my channel...
http://www.youtube.com/user/2manyrides?feature=mhsn#p/u
2manyrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #193
RocknTroll
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22manyrides View Post
What's funny about this thread is more people who don't actualy live in sac have chimed in than those who do.
More power to ya though as I wanted to get out of town since the 70's.
Another thing I have been wanting to do since 2 years ago was to hook up on this...
Sounds interesting but I'll be at WARPED that weekend, maybe some other Friday

"Stay smart. Don't put your stupid hat on at this point in time... " Gov. Pat McCrory
RocknTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #194
2manyrides
shifty charactor

Oddometer: 1,583
all summer long!
Gotta make that scene one or 5 of these times!

and here's my channel...
http://www.youtube.com/user/2manyrides?feature=mhsn#p/u
2manyrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #195
SierraJeep
It's toast

Oddometer: 627
I have been considering spinning off a "foothills thread" and maybe narrow that range from El Dorado County up to Sierra County (including Placer and Nevada Counties if you're not into your California geography). For now, the weather has been keeping me from thinking about it too much.

I went out both Saturday and Sunday and played around in my local sandbox. If it wasn't the snow, the greasy red clay was keeping me on my toes (or footpegs). The water crossing was deep, but doable, and the snow has been retreating up the hill. Today it rained a bit, but other than making my glasses fog it wasn't too bad.

2010 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 450 EXC
SierraJeep is offline   Reply With Quote