ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #226
mad_dye
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Talking Folsom

In Folsom with a XR650R and a Husky WR250. Currently counting on Dual sport maps app to guide me around.
mad_dye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #227
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22manyrides View Post
Is it even possable to drum up intrest in the
Sacramento DS+ADV riders thread?
....for........

http://www.bsaocnc.org/BSA_MOTHERLODE_RIDE_2012.pdf

The motherlode ride is Sat April 28th

(they let other bikes ride too)

I'm going on this no matter what.
Will there be T-Shirts, and stickers and ride pins?

Marked on my calendar. Then again I may be camping that weekend.
If I do make it I'll probably be riding my bmw since I don't have a bsa.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #228
2manyrides
shifty charactor

Oddometer: 1,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54 View Post
Will there be T-Shirts, and stickers and ride pins?

Marked on my calendar. Then again I may be camping that weekend.
If I do make it I'll probably be riding my bmw since I don't have a bsa.
You're jesting 'bout the goodies...I know.
I've gone on this run 4 years running now. And for those "lookers", it's worth it to go to starbucks in E/H's just to meet up in a parking lot with so many nice vintage machines. (and people) Then again, who could pass a run around on the gold country roads with a group of marauders?

Just a few more examples 'cause my initial post is on the previous page...

and here's my channel...
http://www.youtube.com/user/2manyrides?feature=mhsn#p/u
2manyrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #229
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,155
Quote:
You're jesting 'bout the goodies...I know.
I'm full of sarcasm and irony. I was inspired by no-nonsense poster. Everything you need to know with no BS. I like it.

My ex-FIL had a '67 Thunderbolt. When I married his daughter in 77 it hadn't been ridden in about 5 years. I cleaned it up and got it going for him and got him to go on a few rides with me. But alas it mostly sat in his garage. Last I had contact with him was in 97 and it had been in the garage under a tarp untouched for 10 years. A real shame.

So, yeah, I'd like to come out and take a look at some of these things that actually get ridden.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #230
originaltk
See the world!

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraJeep View Post
TK,

Do you have a date/time for the starting point yet? This one sounds like it might be interesting for me (and my 990). But I have to figure in the time getting to the starting point from my place (east of Nevada City).
SierraJeep,
I'm thinking about heading out tomorrow morning (Friday) about 11am. If you can make it great if not I may be able to do saturday. I live at the base of Leesville road outside Williams quick hop skip into the area. However I must warn that I haven't been up there before, a beginner to boot, so this may truly be an adventure. Let me know.
originaltk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #231
originaltk
See the world!

Quote:
Count me out...
Just found that the water supply leaks under my slab. I'll be playing in dirt, but not on two wheels.
Bummer, maybe next time. I'm hoping to spend my weekends adventuring. Love the dirt!!!
Old 04-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #232
Southbark
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
This a little off topic but I thought I would ask if anyone in the elk grove area had a 2tb or bigger external drive I could borrow my iMac is stuck and I have to wipe the drive but I do not have a big enough external drive to save all my movies and tv shows and music and other files. I just need it for a day and if you want I will bring my iMac to your place to do it.

If anyone can help pm me
Old 04-06-2012, 07:31 AM   #233
scottrnelson
Team Orange

Oddometer: 1,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southbark View Post
This a little off topic but I thought I would ask if anyone in the elk grove area had a 2tb or bigger external drive I could borrow my iMac is stuck and I have to wipe the drive but I do not have a big enough external drive to save all my movies and tv shows and music and other files. I just need it for a day and if you want I will bring my iMac to your place to do it.

If anyone can help pm me
Just run over to Fry's and buy one. You should have an external backup anyway.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #234
SierraJeep
It's toast

Oddometer: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by originaltk View Post
SierraJeep,
I'm thinking about heading out tomorrow morning (Friday) about 11am. If you can make it great if not I may be able to do saturday. I live at the base of Leesville road outside Williams quick hop skip into the area. However I must warn that I haven't been up there before, a beginner to boot, so this may truly be an adventure. Let me know.
ACK! I just got this and it's already past 10 AM. It'd take me over an hour to get to Williams from my place. I was on this site last night when my power went out so I was in the dark... so to speak. The irony is I am off today, too.

How about you go scout the area, come up with some cool ride idea(s), and then post up another ride here with dates/times/and a meeting place in advance and I bet you'd get a few folks to join you. Better yet, if you have a small digital camera, take a few pics to tease us with.

From what I recall, that's a neat area and you should be able (weather pending) to make a loop from Williams to Stoneyford, to Fouts Springs, up into the Snow Mountain area, drop down toward Lake Pillsbury, then out to Upper Lake (gas & food), and back to Williams via either Highway 20 or some other roads I don't really know about but back up through to Long Valley and/or Bartlet Springs and then back out to Highway 20 just west of Williams. Should all be doable for a licensed bike and avoiding too much pavement.

Ideas? Anyone? Bueller...?

2010 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 450 EXC
SierraJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #235
Hobbes950
Darth Kitten

Oddometer: 3,724
I have the week off. It is our vacation time with the boys. Not sure what the itinerary is other than some skiing. May be available one of the days. Need to get in a test ride to sort out my bike a bit, mainly adjust fuel mix. I am sure that during a week with two stepchildren I could use a day of therapy (read: riding) Will keep an eye on the thread, or maybe post something.

My Ride Reports
Hobbes950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #236
SierraJeep
It's toast

Hey Nancy,

Glad to hear you got your bike back together and that it runs (give or take a few adjustments). I am still looking for a ride this weekend (Saturday or Sunday), which likely won't fit into your plans this soon, but if you're up for a ride let me know.

2010 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 450 EXC
Old 04-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #237
Hobbes950
Darth Kitten

Oddometer: 3,724
Yeah, this weekend might not work. Hubby had a rough work week. Hate to ditch him. May take a spin with the boys, but that is it.

My Ride Reports
Hobbes950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #238
SierraJeep
It's toast

No worries, I can relate to the "rough week" comment. I've been on jury duty all week and it will continue (at least) through all of next week, so that is what's on my calendar. Then, when I get back to my work, life will really be busy for me!!!

2010 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 450 EXC
Old 04-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #239
originaltk
See the world!

Stonyford to Indian Valley to Clear Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Ron View Post
Depends on the rider. Generally speaking, M5 is more appropriate (easier) for the big bikes. But the creek crossing can be intimidating for those not used to rocky water crossings. A XR650R with motard wheels and tires can make it

The route from the north end of the lake isn't really bad, just narrower and a little steeper. For fun, there are some alternate sections that are really steep if you desire. The hardest part is actually after you top out and hit a section of baby-head rocks on your way to Pacific Point/M5
The top section is definatley tough. I made the ride backwards from Pacific Ridge down to Indian Reservoir, only crashed once!! Once down to the reservoir went continued along the roads and ended coming out Bartlet Springs at Clear Lake. Can't wait to explore more!! Pictures coming.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #240
Cpt. Ron
Advrider #128

Oddometer: 3,243
Come along on the HLDMC ride on June 1-3 to get a tour guide in the area.....

"I don't know what you do, but I know what I do, and I don't do that." --Uncle Doug, R.I.P.
"Without the possibility of death, adventure is not possible"--Reinhold Messner
Cpt. Ron is offline   Reply With Quote