ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #616
2manyrides
shifty charactor

Oddometer: 1,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinz Clortho View Post
Just got home from Paco's. It was cool seeing all the bikes, I'll have to check it out next month too.
So I saw a KLR there in the corner, Was that you? We didn't get to meet...or did we?
I rode home into the sunset...it was cool.
although less bikes there than usual, there were some new ones, some odd and some cool ones.
I ate 3 tacos, hadn't tried them before,
nahhh, I was able to hold them down.
Here's some shots.

and here's my channel...
http://www.youtube.com/user/2manyrides?feature=mhsn#p/u
2manyrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:18 AM   #617
Vinz Clortho
Keymaster of Gozer

Oddometer: 33
Yeah, that was me. I didn't get to talk to too many people, I'll make sure we meet next time. Which bike was yours?

2009 KLR 650
Vinz Clortho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:09 AM   #618
2manyrides
shifty charactor

It was a ...the gold star street scrambler...you can see it if you look to the left. I'm riding it up the old foresthill road in my avatar

There were two BSA singles parked near the drive through order thingy. Mine was the red+blue B50, not the yellow 441.

But yeah, I do not know how many more they will hold this season before we'll have to wait until next year. For me it's a fun destination for a cruise. Low key, and not like some big street vibrations/hot august nights lost in the crowd over doing it scenario.

I only caught a glimpse of your bike...figured must be you, (only KLR), was looking forward to seeing an ambassador.

and here's my channel...
Old 09-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #619
originaltk
See the world!

Oddometer: 9
Pissed Sunday's

I'm up in Williams. Looking to ride on Sunday's if anyone is around or interested let me know. Also looking to plan a trip to Turkey in the spring. Thinking of a motorcycle tour. Peace
originaltk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #620
Omni Dan
Zen Cowboy

Oddometer: 4
Rough and Ready rider

650 V-Strom rider available for mixed rides. Crash bars, bash plate and 50/50 tires allow me to play a bit in the dirt. Also love to do paved twisties. I am available to ride mid week also. With out a doubt, my town has the coolest name! Unless you happen to live just down the road in Timbuctoo!
Omni Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #621
Vinz Clortho
Keymaster of Gozer

Oddometer: 33
Hi Dan,

I live just up the road from you on Squirrel Creek. It looks like there's quite a few people from the GV/NC area posting in this thread. We should try to do a local meet and ride while we have such good weather. I'm free on Sundays and alternating Saturdays and Mondays. What say you?

2009 KLR 650
Vinz Clortho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:15 AM   #622
scottrnelson
Team Orange

Oddometer: 1,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni Dan View Post
650 V-Strom rider available for mixed rides. Crash bars, bash plate and 50/50 tires allow me to play a bit in the dirt. Also love to do paved twisties. I am available to ride mid week also. With out a doubt, my town has the coolest name! Unless you happen to live just down the road in Timbuctoo!
The information under your name says "Nevada City". Sorry, but this town has the coolest name:

Old 09-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #623
bmelloman
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Leaving for the Lost Coast on Wed. am. Will be leaving El Dorado Hills area between 9-10am. Returning Fri. in time for dinner... maybe. Trying to take as much dirt as possible, Sherwood rd. from Wilits to Fort Bragg, Usal Rd., timber Haul Rd. ect. on a dual sport. Will be camping wed. night and thurs. somewhere in the lost coast. Trip will prob. go something like... ride to Shelter Cove on Wed., get lost in the lost coast Thurs. Find way out and ride home Fri. Any takers? I ride a dr350 at a moderate pace, 35yrs old, semi aggresive, adventureous, 420 friendly.
bmelloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #624
oldtrucks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmelloman View Post
Leaving for the Lost Coast on Wed. am.
Wish I'd seen this earlier, would have liked to tag along
oldtrucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #625
Mr.Buzzcut
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Hello

Hello,
This is John Checking in from Citrus Heights. I picked up a Plated 2007 XR650R and am just getting into adventure riding and loving the fact I am not confined to the few OHV areas and can go wherever I want exploring. I hope to catch up and do some longer duration rides and in the not too distant future go on some of the rides like those that Parx400 and his group do.

-John
Mr.Buzzcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #626
Parx400 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,406
Just a bump for the ride im doing in the morning. about 5 or 6 people are going.

Posting up a ride for next weekend.

Date 9/29/12

Ride to the coast, lunch at Bones Roadhouse.
Meet Up: Chevron West Sac
Time 630 – KSU 7:00
Sorry about the early start but I don’t want to be on the coast at 3 and still needing to eat. We will take scaggs back. Only catch here is when we get to Calistoga on the way home I'm going to split off and go to my parents house in Napa. I trust everyone knows the route from Busters back to sac by now.

Total miles will be around 350. There will be some smooth maintained dirt roads so if your bike must look show room clean at all times this is not for you. There is about 20 miles of dirt that is Smooth enough they took the Prius Google street view down the road. Its broken up between one 8 mile section and one 12 mile section.

Here is a link to the map I created.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid....01401,0.01929

I'm bringing my big bike.
Parx400 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #627
2manyrides
shifty charactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Buzzcut View Post
Hello,
This is John Checking in from Citrus Heights. I picked up a Plated 2007 XR650R and am just getting into adventure riding and loving the fact I am not confined to the few OHV areas and can go wherever I want exploring. I hope to catch up and do some longer duration rides and in the not too distant future go on some of the rides like those that Parx400 and his group do.

-John
Nice intro/first post!
I better get to the phone...

and here's my channel...
Old 09-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #628
DrKayak
Retro Rider

Oddometer: 694
Quote:
Hello,

-John
Did you have any issues transfering the plate at DMV? They say only the early XRs are legal to plate but some newer ones sneak thru. I want a XR650R but mom says I can't have any more...

Quote:
....and can go wherever I want exploring.....
Not so sure on that... best not read the threads on TT about trial closures.
04 FZ1
DrKayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #629
Mr.Buzzcut
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKayak View Post
Did you have any issues transferring the plate at DMV? They say only the early XRs are legal to plate but some newer ones sneak thru. I want a XR650R but mom says I can't have any more...

This Bike came in from Texas as street legal with Enduro classification.I had the seller do the transfer to CA and street legal validation done by CHP as a condition of purchase.

Not so sure on that... best not read the threads on TT about trial closures.
I hear you on the ever shrinking OHV routes availble to ride. I guess I was trying to say with my "wherever I want" remark, is that unless you are ok with being limited to riding whats left of the OHV system a dual sport is sort of a must have. And since I have began riding adventure/dual sport rides at least I can explore as much as possible with todays restrictions. Unfortunately my 450x is spending a lot of time in the garage. There is so much out there that is cool to see and ride. Though sadly it is getting to be inaccessible via OHV only machines.

Mr.Buzzcut screwed with this post 09-30-2012 at 08:31 PM
Mr.Buzzcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:22 PM   #630
Hobbes950
Darth Kitten

Oddometer: 3,304
I am free tomorrow (Monday) and Tuesday. Gonna be hot though. If not I will be at the river.

My Ride Reports
Hobbes950 is offline   Reply With Quote