ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #766
Idle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 616
Report is here I believe.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/eldora...telprdb5362046
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #767
jags650
n00b

Oddometer: 6
help

thanks for the link they are trying to kept all the best trails close i will give them my two cents
jags650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #768
Bike Guy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2lean View Post
I'd be interested in getting more weekday big bike RRRides going, but most the big bike Sac RRRides have been weekends and haven't got much interest in weekday RRRides. I have been the instigator of the Sac RRRides for the last 10 years or so ... since founder Rough Ron went into hiding. Send me a pm or an email through the link here with your contact info for future Sac RRRides, and let me know if/when you want to get out for a weekday ride after the snow melts back a bit.
sent ya a p m
Bike Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:14 PM   #769
UberKul
UberNoob

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle View Post
The U.S. Forest Service on Wednesday (2-20-2013) will release a draft environmental analysis of the effects on meadows of 42 separate motorized vehicle routes in the Eldorado National Forest.

The routes were closed by court order last year pending the outcome of a supplemental environmental impact statement. The analysis will determine whether portions of the routes will be reopened to the public.

The draft environmental analysis will be available online for public review and comment via the Eldorado National Forest website, www.fs.usda.gov/eldorado, according to a Forest Service news release.

The Forest Service will hold three public open houses to informally discuss the draft document: 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Feb. 26 at the Placerville Best Western Inn, 6850 Green Leaf Drive, Placerville; 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. March 5 at the Turtle Rock Community Center, 17300 State Route 89 in Markleeville; and 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. March 6 at the Amador County Supervisors Office, 810 Court St., Jackson.

Forest Supervisor Kathy Hardy stressed that the draft document does not represent a final decision. It is intended to let the public know what was discovered in the environmental analysis, and to provide an opportunity for people to make specific comments on the document and the merits of four alternatives.

Hardy said she expects the final supplemental environmental impact statement to be released to the public in late spring or early summer.

The forest supervisor's decision will be made following completion of the final document.
I went to a few of those meetings last time when they were working on the original DEIS and travel management plan. If this goes like the last one did they listen, accept input, then do what they have to do to be sued the least.
Too bad because that last closure knocked out most of the connected trails that I use to use.
Still plan to go to the Jackson meeting to stay in the know though.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #770
luv2lean
not lost til out of gas

Oddometer: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberKul View Post
I went to a few of those meetings last time when they were working on the original DEIS and travel management plan. If this goes like the last one did they listen, accept input, then do what they have to do to be sued the least...
I attended the meetings also and had the same impression. Don't want to discourage anyone from attending but I think they are just following protocol for public comment and it wont make a bit of difference in the outcome.
luv2lean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #771
trixterNorCal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by jags650 View Post
eldorado forest is have a meeting 2-26-13 in placerville 3-8 off roaders need to show up to keep are trails open
Can we get some additional details.

etc

I may go tomorrow, I have to do some errands anyway. I just wanna know where. If people want to and its close to Jackson maybe we could have a pre/post meeting at Mels or something.
trixterNorCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:39 AM   #772
Idle
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixterNorCal View Post
Can we get some additional details.

etc
Posted above already.

The Forest Service will hold three public open houses to informally discuss the draft document: 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Feb. 26 at the Placerville Best Western Inn, 6850 Green Leaf Drive, Placerville; 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. March 5 at the Turtle Rock Community Center, 17300 State Route 89 in Markleeville; and 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. March 6 at the Amador County Supervisors Office, 810 Court St., Jackson.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #773
trixterNorCal
Adventurer

Quote:
Posted above already.

The Forest Service will hold three public open houses to informally discuss the draft document:
3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Feb. 26 at the Placerville Best Western Inn, 6850 Green Leaf Drive, Placerville;
3 p.m. to 8 p.m. March 5 at the Turtle Rock Community Center, 17300 State Route 89 in Markleeville; and
4 p.m. to 8 p.m. March 6 at the Amador County Supervisors Office, 810 Court St., Jackson.
Thanks.

I could go to Placerville today. Is anyone else going?
Old 02-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #774
Idle
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixterNorCal View Post
Thanks.

I could go to Placerville today. Is anyone else going?
I'm going, leaving in a little bit to get a ride in, maybe take the long way
Scott road/Latrobe road/south shingle/Brannon Rd/frenchtown/creek Rd/to
el dorado then 49/union mine road/49/sand ridge/bucks bar/pleasant valley/cedar ravine/quarry/ to big cut dropping into town.

Can meet at 50/Scott road if you want to ride with..

Latrobe is dirt, has a couple easy water crossings, sand ridge is 1/2 dirt/1/2 paved.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #775
trixterNorCal
Adventurer

Quote:
I'm going, leaving in a little bit to get a ride in, maybe take the long way
Scott road/Latrobe road/south shingle/Brannon Rd/frenchtown/creek Rd/to
el dorado then 49/union mine road/49/sand ridge/bucks bar/pleasant valley/cedar ravine/quarry/ to big cut dropping into town.

Can meet at 50/Scott road if you want to ride with..

Latrobe is dirt, has a couple easy water crossings, sand ridge is 1/2 dirt/1/2 paved.
Oh that Latrobe, silly that there are 2 so close to each other. The other is well maintained and paved.

I have some errands to run so I cant ride with you. How about we try to get a bunch of people to go to the meeting and meet at mels in Placerville after or something?

I will have a white/black jacket, black icon variant helmet with tigger ears on it. Having one hand should also be a good giveaway.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #776
RyanOhli
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Are these strictly ohv roads? Can anyone post a map to see what we're talking about here?
RyanOhli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #777
trixterNorCal
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanOhli View Post
Are these strictly ohv roads? Can anyone post a map to see what we're talking about here?

I talked to my dad who believes this is a mix of OHV and unpaved forest roads, 19 of them in fact. Environmentalists tried to say that any road near a delicate area had to be closed and the judge ruled that only the ones that actually go through it are to be closed. The original list was over 40 roads. Many of the 19 to be closed are rerouted although not all. It may be a different issue but he seemed to think it was the same one.

There are maps although he does not know where the ones he looked at are located so he could not provide me with that. It seemed to be a tea party thing though, so you may try adding that in google searches.

https://www.sharetrails.org/news/201...forest-lawsuit trail names in the brief but not a map

That assumes that its all the same issue for all I know this is a totally different issue...
Old 02-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #778
Idle
Studly Adventurer

Most of the trails/roads on the list of 42 are in the high country. I'm here now, if any of you could make it it would be a good thing.

It turns out 13 of the 42 routes don't cross meadows at all...
They had possibly a stream and contour lines that made it look like there would be a meadow, or were labeled on the map as a meadow.

Those trails/roads will be opened back up, but not untill sometime this summer when they make the final decision.

Lots of maps, and some good looking forest rangers here, oh and crappy coffee and cookies!

Best Western hwy 50/missouri flat road.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #779
RyanOhli
n00b

Oddometer: 4
So who's spearheading the good fight here? And what's the best way to show our support of keeping these roads open?
RyanOhli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:05 AM   #780
trixterNorCal
Adventurer

Sorry I couldnt make it I would have loved to have had some of that coffee and maybe a good looking ranger to go with it

I will make the Jackson one though. I am also up for a bit of planning regarding that, perhaps Mels before or after (hey they have good burgers!)