ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #946
tripready
n00b

Oddometer: 7
I'm not sure if everyone is a 9-5'er but I'm almost always free Mondays also if you guys wanna go on a ride.
tripready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #947
Drufiddy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Two of us from Sac are headed to Hollister for the weekend. Hit us up if you happen to be in the area. DR 350 and WR250R.
Drufiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #948
Parx400 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,509
I have a 3 day dirt trip from 88 CA/NV cross all the way to gabs Nv and back. 430 miles round trip camping off the bikes. Requires a plated bike and good light camping gear. PM for details. Oct 18-20.
Parx400 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #949
RocknTroll
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrnelson View Post
That's 115 miles from Sacramento.

Might as well be looking in a Bay Area or Chico thread.

And yer point is that too far for a ride ???

"Stay smart. Don't put your stupid hat on at this point in time... " Gov. Pat McCrory
RocknTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #950
EventHorizon34
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Shears View Post
I'm up in Cameron Park, highway 50 corridor. Done the Latrobe loop. It's easy and a good one for those just breaking in to off road. I'd be interested in the Forest Hill ride. Sounds great. EventHorizon34... what's the route?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripready View Post
Hey thanks for the replies Saturday sounds good I don't work until 930pm so that sounds pretty fun I've been meaning to check out forest hill a bit. I am still getting the hang of the bike as far as technical trails go but I have confidence to get through it.
Hi Billy, I didnt have a route planned, just thought I would try and get a ride together. I have a few people that could be interested in a road route on Saturday, but if dirt is on the menu, I could just not invite them. They all have road bikes.

Tripready, are you talking this saturday or next saturday? Im open next saturday, but if you guys are talking THIS saturday, i cant to a ride until at least after 3pm.

Justin
Old 09-27-2013, 01:56 AM   #951
tripready
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Talkin this Saturday Scott has a pretty sweet route planned out so I'm gonna give it a go. He was saying to leave at 10 am though. Next Saturday sounds good also unless my forks come in the mail which will mean I'm gonna get wrenching on them straight away. They are expected late next week so I"ll keep ya posted.
tripready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:43 AM   #952
scottrnelson
Team Orange

Oddometer: 1,408
Sat. Sept 28, 10:00 a.m. Folsom to Foresthill

I'll be meeting with at least one inmate from here and probably another rider from a different forum to ride some of the dirt roads around Foresthill.

Date: Saturday, Sept 28
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Chevron station, corner of Prairie City and Iron Point in Folsom
Route: http://goo.gl/maps/pZTQM

This is easy dirt. You could drive it all in a car if you don't mind getting it dirty. There is a bit of nice scenery along the way.

Let me know here, or just show up.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #953
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
Sat/Sun 9/28-29 Foresthill to Sierra Buttes and ?

Yeah, late notice-sorry, but was watching weather-trying to decide whether DS or ADV, didn't want to be as chilly last weekend up there. Rode from FH then Camptonville to Sierraville via Henness Pass, backtracked on HP to Yuba Pass and went north to Bassetts.

Going to kinda do reverse this time and hopefully end up warmer rather than colder. So...headed out of FH early, up FH Rd to Soda Springs, West on 80 to 20, then north past Bowman Lk to Henness or Yuba Pass. Maybe make it to Sierra Buttes. Camp somewhere when time seems right.

Return Sunday on as much dirt as I can find. Alleghany to Washington to Chalk Bluff? No real agenda other than that. Got plenty of gps tracks for these areas. Not looking for single track this trip though.

Wanna join? Any route suggestions for return are welcome. thanks

can't check email after 3 pm friday, but should get text msgs in FH on cell: seven oh two 53 eight 61 forty-seven or call: five three oh three 67 three 67 ate.

StuInFH screwed with this post 09-27-2013 at 02:59 PM
StuInFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #954
EventHorizon34
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuInFH View Post
Yeah, late notice-sorry, but was watching weather-trying to decide whether DS or ADV, didn't want to be as chilly last weekend up there. Rode from FH then Camptonville to Sierraville via Henness Pass, backtracked on HP to Yuba Pass and went north to Bassetts.

Going to kinda do reverse this time and hopefully end up warmer rather than colder. So...headed out of FH early, up FH Rd to Soda Springs, West on 80 to 20, then north past Bowman Lk to Henness or Yuba Pass. Maybe make it to Sierra Buttes. Camp somewhere when time seems right.

Return Sunday on as much dirt as I can find. Alleghany to Washington to Chalk Bluff? No real agenda other than that. Got plenty of gps tracks for these areas. Not looking for single track this trip though.

Wanna join? Any route suggestions for return are welcome. thanks
This sounds like a proper ride! I wish I could make it, just have prior engagements.

Justin
Old 09-28-2013, 07:22 AM   #955
scottrnelson
Team Orange

Moved to 11:00

This has been moved to 11:00..

Quote:
I'll be meeting with at least one inmate from here and probably another rider from a different forum to ride some of the dirt roads around Foresthill.

Date: Saturday, Sept 28
Time: 11:00 a.m.
Location: Chevron station, corner of Prairie City and Iron Point in Folsom
Route: http://goo.gl/maps/pZTQM

This is easy dirt. You could drive it all in a car if you don't mind getting it dirty. There is a bit of nice scenery along the way.

Let me know here, or just show up.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:09 PM   #956
Billy Shears
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
This has been moved to 11:00..
So how was the ride, Guys? Sorry I missed it, just had too much stuff going on today.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:54 AM   #957
scottrnelson
Team Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Shears View Post
So how was the ride, Guys? Sorry I missed it, just had too much stuff going on today.
I'll let "tripready" give his side of the adventure.

Twisty roads on the way up were wonderful except 49 heading to the American River where we had to wait for construction. Dirt roads had much less dust than a couple of weeks ago. Temperature was close to perfect. We split up early after Ponderosa Way came out the other side at I-80 because tripready wanted to head back home. I took Yankee Jims back to Foresthill rather than following the entire planned route. That was a different route than I had been on before. And of course, the gas station where I was planning to air back up my tires was under construction, so no air. The XR wasn't half bad at 20 psi front and rear. 104 total miles for me.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:09 AM   #958
charliefrench2oo8
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Sorry to break conversation, But I need to put this out there.
Last night my Roommate's KLR was stolen from our apartments in Sacramento, If you see a terribly painted KLR that's missing it's side plastics, with an aftermarket exhaust, Please let us know. I will update with plate number as soon as I find out.

charliefrench2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:06 PM   #959
djborden
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Just ran across this thread. El Dorado near placerville here and look forward to future rides!

David
djborden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:33 PM   #960
Ryanxhc
n00b

Oddometer: 3
I should have chimed in earlier but, R1200gs ralleye here in downtown Sacramento. I'm up for anything

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
Ryanxhc is offline   Reply With Quote