ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #961
scottrnelson
Team Orange

Oddometer: 1,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanxhc View Post
I should have chimed in earlier but, R1200gs ralleye here in downtown Sacramento. I'm up for anything
Up for anything?

I would love to watch you take your BMW through the single-track trails a Georgetown.

Of course, if I was there to watch, I would probably feel obligated to help you get it back out too.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #962
Ryanxhc
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Well, let me clarify.... Up for almost anything. I didn't buy the BMW to look like Ewan McGregor, I bought it because I do more road riding than off road. However, it hasn't stopped me from plowing that tank of a bike into many situations I shouldn't have. One year, a set of valve covers and 18,000 miles later, I know it pretty well and I'm willing to follow a 990 KTM wherever it goes. I'll even scrape pegs on the way there. Let's boogie guys!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
Ryanxhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #963
tripready
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Shears View Post
So how was the ride, Guys? Sorry I missed it, just had too much stuff going on today.
haha ya man the ride there was awesome we had some good turns and than I got a nice lesson on going downhill on a trail with my f650. After a good bonk to the knee and a few bent pieces I had to leave early. Than on the way home my tire went out on the freeway. I had a great time but I'll be down till next week I have to replace some brake lines (one rubbed through after jostling loose) and my forks and I'll be back out there.
tripready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #964
Ryanxhc
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Last minute ride organization... I'm riding to Leavitt lake tomorrow leaving about 7:30 am. I'm leaving from downtown and most likely will take hwy 16 to 49 to 120 over Sonora pass.. The trail is about 3 miles of rocky gravel and you arrive at a beautiful crater lake at a 9500 ft elevation. Its 100+ miles to the trail head and we can ride more off road once in the area. If anyone else can afford to make last minute plans for this lake before its closed for the season, reply here, text or call me. I guess a good meet up spot would be the ARCO station at J st and 29th street. I'll fuel up and wait there till about 8:00 am. I'm riding a white, red and blue BMW r1200gs. My number is 707 290 4788

Ryanxhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #965
EventHorizon34
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanxhc View Post
Last minute ride organization... I'm riding to Leavitt lake tomorrow leaving about 7:30 am. I'm leaving from downtown and most likely will take hwy 16 to 49 to 120 over Sonora pass.. The trail is about 3 miles of rocky gravel and you arrive at a beautiful crater lake at a 9500 ft elevation. Its 100+ miles to the trail head and we can ride more off road once in the area. If anyone else can afford to make last minute plans for this lake before its closed for the season, reply here, text or call me. I guess a good meet up spot would be the ARCO station at J st and 29th street. I'll fuel up and wait there till about 8:00 am. I'm riding a white, red and blue BMW r1200gs. My number is 707 290 4788

Man, I would have been so down to do this if it were TODAY, but unfortunately have to work tomorrow. Next time, for me.

Justin
Old 10-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #966
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 398
Rubicon Saturday 19th

Rode it a couple weeks ago from Homewood side to Loon Lake Spillway and back. Looking to ride over and back from the west side this time. On a trials bike again, but most any bike could make it.

Can't check email or PMs after 3:30 pm friday, but should get text msgs in FH on cell: seven oh two 53 eight 61 forty-seven or call: five three oh three67 three67ate.

Stu
StuInFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #967
scottrnelson
Team Orange

Sierra Buttes - Saturday, Oct 19

I'm thinking of riding up to Sierra Buttes one more time before it gets snowed in. I'll be leaving Folsom just after it gets light, riding Auburn/Folsom Blvd to Auburn, then some back roads to Grass Valley and hope to do dirt roads from Nevada City to Downieville. From there, dirt roads up to the top.

I'll be on my KTM 990 Adv, so this ride will be big bike friendly, but you'll need decent dirt tires for the last few miles.

Let me know if any of you are interested in going along and I'll come up with a more exact starting time and meeting place.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #968
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer

Throwbacks Thursday Season Ender

Anyone going? Any idea how many throwback bikes will show? thanks
Old 10-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #969
live2ridetahoe
RN

Oddometer: 1,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrnelson View Post
I'm thinking of riding up to Sierra Buttes one more time before it gets snowed in. I'll be leaving Folsom just after it gets light, riding Auburn/Folsom Blvd to Auburn, then some back roads to Grass Valley and hope to do dirt roads from Nevada City to Downieville. From there, dirt roads up to the top.

I'll be on my KTM 990 Adv, so this ride will be big bike friendly, but you'll need decent dirt tires for the last few miles.

Let me know if any of you are interested in going along and I'll come up with a more exact starting time and meeting place.
How are you getting from Downieville up to the Buttes? The 990 is a big bike to be bringing up the Downieville Downhill. Believe me, I know…

Here's me on the Butcher Ranch trail a few years back. That was a LONG day...

JG
live2ridetahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #970
scottrnelson
Team Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2ridetahoe View Post
How are you getting from Downieville up to the Buttes? The 990 is a big bike to be bringing up the Downieville Downhill. Believe me, I know…

Here's me on the Butcher Ranch trail a few years back. That was a LONG day...
I was planning to take the same route that I took the last time I rode it up there. I'll take 93 up and Butcher Ranch back down.

This was taken at the gate at the end of the road last time I was there:
Old 10-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #971
oldtrucks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuInFH View Post
Just got an email from A&S, if you're looking for Vintage bikes this may be for you........October 19th

Our Vintage Motorcycle Show is this weekend! We'll be filling our parking lot with tons of amazing old bikes from Ariel to Zundapp for your enjoyment. - You never know what will show up!
Free admission, Free BBQ, clearance sales, vendors, music and more!
You won't want to miss this special day at A&S Powersports!
Old 10-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #972
Hobbes950
Darth Kitten

Oddometer: 3,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrnelson View Post
I was planning to take the same route that I took the last time I rode it up there. I'll take 93 up and Butcher Ranch back down.
Wish you were going Sunday. Have fun!

My Ride Reports
Hobbes950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:25 AM   #973
StevefrmGV
MotoBro's RetroCycle's

Throw Backs

Quote:
I will be there, You never know how many show up. Come on up and check it out.
See ya
Steve
Old 10-17-2013, 12:53 PM   #974
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevefrmGV View Post
I will be there, You never know how many show up. Come on up and check it out.
See ya
Steve
Cool. And thanks for the vintage tip, Oldtrucks.

Rode the Duc into work today so I can meet buddy in Auburn on his HD to ride up. It was that or something orange, I ain't got nothing vintage. yet :-)
Old 10-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #975
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer

Fordyce on Saturday the 19th?

Quote:
Rode it a couple weeks ago from Homewood side to Loon Lake Spillway and back. Looking to ride over and back from the west side this time. On a trials bike again, but most any bike could make it.

Can't check email or PMs after 3:30 pm friday, but should get text msgs in FH on cell: seven oh two 53 eight 61 forty-seven or call: five three oh three67 three67ate.

Stu
How about Fordyce then? Maybe got a taker for that, same fellow that did Rubicon too. He said the flows are down, water is doable.