ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #1006
Tr25w
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Thank you. I understand, I'm selling it to buy a bigger bike.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Tr25w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #1007
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 407
Fordyce Jeep Trail Saturday 16th 9:30 Rollout

May be the last weekend for this short out and back. Weather is cooperating and flow is as low as it gets.

My first time on trail, going to take it easy so I can ride Rockgarden Bob's DS/ADV ride Sunday.

That's the plan, but you know how those go.

StuInFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #1008
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuInFH View Post
May be the last weekend for this short out and back. Weather is cooperating and flow is as low as it gets.

My first time on trail, going to take it easy so I can ride Rockgarden Bob's DS/ADV ride Sunday.

That's the plan, but you know how those go.
No takers on 3 forums.

If they find my body in the spring, it's on all you couch cruisers!
Old 11-15-2013, 04:11 PM   #1009
scottrnelson
Team Orange

Oddometer: 1,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuInFH View Post
No takers on 3 forums.
I still have to fix the stuff on my Honda that I had intended to fix last Saturday.

I'll probably get out riding in the afternoon if my wife doesn't think up a bunch of things that she needs me to do.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #1010
TroopThrowback
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 388
I'm finishing up my 1978 xs650 scrambler, looking to do some fire road riding when the weather clears. I hail from the Grass Valley area, would love to meet up and cut my teeth on some dirt if anybody's up to welcoming a newby...
TroopThrowback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #1011
visualizerent
Raconteur

Oddometer: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroopThrowback View Post
I'm finishing up my 1978 xs650 scrambler, looking to do some fire road riding when the weather clears. I hail from the Grass Valley area, would love to meet up and cut my teeth on some dirt if anybody's up to welcoming a newby...
Hey Troop! Another cool lookin' build! Where'd you find them aluminum rims?

How 'bout Sunday for some mellow fire/dirt road stuff? See how you like the xs in the gravel. We could do an easy scenic loop. Any other throwbacks heading this (dirt) direction? I'll bring the KLR 650. Tell me what time to meet at Paco's on Sunday. I'll be out on the Burlington Ridge singletrack (Hwy 20) all day Saturday (KTM 200)

Here's a copy of a pic of the Yamaha I cut my teeth on dirt riding around here in the late '70's. RT-1 360 2 smoker. Then I was off on the RD's for the street. Thoroughly thrashed all of 'em...good times!

MINE WAS NOT NEARLY SO NICE AND CLEAN ...
visualizerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #1012
mas
klr

Oddometer: 2
Hi, first post. i joined just so i could ask some questions about Sac. I'm going to be in the Sacramento area form Dec. 4th to the 10th to take Davis Fire Department's test.

Does anybody know the nearest cheap to free camping. Also...I'm most likely riding my klr 650 up there. Since most of the time I will be there I'm just waiting until the tenth when the test is. I have to be there the 5th to take a different test.

So if any body has any recommendations on where to camp and also if anybody knows cool spots to ride and or wants to go trail riding or just hang out lol I'm going to be there.

Any body interested in helping me with info?
mas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #1013
live2ridetahoe
RN

Oddometer: 1,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas View Post
Hi, first post. i joined just so i could ask some questions about Sac. I'm going to be in the Sacramento area form Dec. 4th to the 10th to take Davis Fire Department's test.

Does anybody know the nearest cheap to free camping. Also...I'm most likely riding my klr 650 up there. Since most of the time I will be there I'm just waiting until the tenth when the test is. I have to be there the 5th to take a different test.

So if any body has any recommendations on where to camp and also if anybody knows cool spots to ride and or wants to go trail riding or just hang out lol I'm going to be there.

Any body interested in helping me with info?
Have you checked the Tent Space map?

Lots of generous people on there.

JG
live2ridetahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #1014
mas
klr

Oddometer: 2
I just looked into that. How awesome. I hope to be hearing back from somebody that I emailed now.
mas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #1015
luv2lean
not lost til out of gas

Oddometer: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by visualizerent View Post
Any other throwbacks heading this (dirt) direction? I'll bring the KLR 650. ..
Is that Juan who I rode down the old mine road(?) towards the river out of Iowa Hill last summer??
I too will be on the single track tomorrow (either Georgetown or Burlington) and too am interested in getting out on the bigger bike (ol black GS, or Orange 950) on Sunday. Let me know the when and where if you want more company.
luv2lean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:04 AM   #1016
TroopThrowback
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 388
I ws supposed to get a few hours today to wrap up the Yambler, but alas, spent all afternoon taking leaves instead. Gotta keep the old HOA off my back...

So it doesn't look good for me for Sunday unless there's an act of God involved. You two should jam out and se me photos of big bikes spitting gravel to make me jealous.

As far as other throwbacks in the dirt, the answer is yes. Both Pops and Wonderboy each have bikes in the works for dirt duty, another xs650 and an old honda xr250 respectively. Pssst, were secretly putting together a team for the sheetiron300 for 2014...
TroopThrowback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #1017
visualizerent
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2lean View Post
Is that Juan who I rode down the old mine road(?) towards the river out of Iowa Hill last summer??
I too will be on the single track tomorrow (either Georgetown or Burlington) and too am interested in getting out on the bigger bike (ol black GS, or Orange 950) on Sunday. Let me know the when and where if you want more company.
yea its me! you were on the r100gs right? i still think thats the smartest choice of the boxer twin gs'. Yea, lets ride. im working for awhile thru the holidays. i'll dig thru my cell phone, i think i have a pic from that little ride.

Juan
Nevada City

Found 'em! From last spring...

IOWA HILL STORE-IOWA HILL, CA.

R100GS/KLR650

EXPLORING DOWN THE AMERICAN RIVER CANYON

Juan
Nevada City

visualizerent screwed with this post 11-28-2013 at 03:09 PM
Old 12-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #1018
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer

Saturday Dec 21st Plated DS from FH

Wow, had to really search for the Sac thread. Guess cold weather and snow hampers riding somewhat. ;-)

We should find a bit of everything; including pavement, FS roads, ST, and some snow. Could be some pointless hillclimbs and maybe some sneaking around (only if lost, of course), so be comfortable with that. Easy bailouts at any time to meet up later or to go home early via I-80, etc. Should be back by dark or shortly thereafter. May not find anything as challenging as FH's T5 & T6 (they may be snowed in), but you should be comfortable on stuff like that with your size of bike/skillset. Otherwise you may not enjoy parts of the ride. Stock fuel range should be fine.

Tea and crumpets during Eldo's trials demonstration at 8, roll out at 8:30ish.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #1019
visualizerent
Raconteur

As of right now today (Tues.), everything above about 3000' is too snowy, but melting fast.

Damn bears in the trash again...anyone up fer some bear wrestling?

Juan
Nevada City, CA.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #1020
scottrnelson
Team Orange

Oddometer: 1,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by visualizerent View Post
Damn bears in the trash again...anyone up fer some bear wrestling?
I don't think I could do it myself, but it might be fun to come watch you do it.