ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > 2 smokers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 04:56 AM   #76
jar944 OP
Studly Adventurer
 
jar944's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Chantilly VA
Oddometer: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonny View Post
Thanks for posting the vid, was great to watch. Looks like it works pretty good.
Thanks. As soon as I get the jetting sorted out it should be fantastic.
jar944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #77
davi
Adventurer
 
davi's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Medellin, Colombia. Philadelphia, United States
Oddometer: 19
Great build man. I am really interested in doing the same build but with 2011 or 2012 ktm frame but dont know which model to chose for a new cr500 engine from Service Honda. do you know the cr500 engine dimensions and the mount dimensions or where i can get them?. i would greatly appreciate it

davi screwed with this post 11-18-2012 at 06:52 PM
davi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #78
jar944 OP
Studly Adventurer
 
jar944's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Chantilly VA
Oddometer: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by davi View Post
Great build man. I am really interested in doing the same build but with 2011 or 2012 ktm frame but dont know which model to chose for a new cr500 engine from Service Honda. do you know the cr500 engine dimensions and the mount dimensions or where i can get them?. i would greatly appreciate it
Get the 450sxf, the cr5 motor is very very close in size to a RF4
jar944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #79
davi
Adventurer
 
davi's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Medellin, Colombia. Philadelphia, United States
Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jar944 View Post
Get the 450sxf, the cr5 motor is very very close in size to a RF4
yea but the 2011-2013 450 sxf has a different shaped frame and has a linkage mono shock. i would like to fit it in a 300 exc (xc-w) but i need cr500 engine dimensions with the mount and exhaust measurments so i can measure some of the ktms. could you wright the measurments down o tell me where in the web i can get them. i would greatly appreciate it

davi screwed with this post 11-19-2012 at 07:45 PM
davi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #80
jar944 OP
Studly Adventurer
 
jar944's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Chantilly VA
Oddometer: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by davi View Post
yea but the 2011-2013 450 sxf has a different shaped frame and has a linkage mono shock. i would like to fit it in a 300 exc (xc-w) but i need cr500 engine dimensions with the mount and exhaust measurments so i can measure some of the ktms. could you wright the measurments down o tell me where in the web i can get them. i would greatly appreciate it
The 07-12 450sxf has the exact same engine. The cr5 will fit in any RF4 frame.

It will not fit in a 300/250 frame with out a cradle swap

250sx vs 250sxf vs 450sxf


compare that to the 500 in a 450 frame and you easily see where the issues are

jar944 screwed with this post 11-19-2012 at 08:46 PM
jar944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #81
davi
Adventurer
 
davi's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Medellin, Colombia. Philadelphia, United States
Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jar944 View Post
The 07-12 450sxf has the exact same engine. The cr5 will fit in any RF4 frame.
It will not fit in a 300/250 frame with out a cradle swap
250sx vs 250sxf vs 450sxf
compare that to the 500 in a 450 frame and you easily see where the issues are
what dose RF4 stand for? how bout an 250 xcf-w. so it will not fit in a ktm "Two Stroke" without a crade swap.
also look at these photos the y for the exhaust on the 250 exc looks like its lower than the 450 but not sure.
in order 2012 450 sxf, 2013 450 sxf,2013 450 exc,2013 350 exc,2013 250 exc
davi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #82
jar944 OP
Studly Adventurer
 
jar944's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Chantilly VA
Oddometer: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by davi View Post
what dose RF4 stand for?
It's the engine model designation for the 07-12 450/505 sxf/xcf engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davi View Post
how bout an 250 xcf-w.
Not w/o bending the cradle to clear in some areas, it's easier to do a complete cradle swap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davi View Post
so it will not fit in a ktm "Two Stroke" without a crade swap.
Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by davi View Post
also look at these photos the y for the exhaust on the 250 exc looks like its lower than the 450 but not sure.
It is lower on the 250.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davi View Post
in order 2012 450 sxf, 2013 450 sxf,2013 450 exc,2013 350 exc,2013 250 exc
Like a said before, it will fit in the 450sxf (07-12) the linkage and new frame are irrelevant. all others including the 2013 450sxf will most likely need frame alterations to the cradle.
jar944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #83
davi
Adventurer
 
davi's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Medellin, Colombia. Philadelphia, United States
Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jar944 View Post

It's the engine model designation for the 07-12 450/505 sxf/xcf engine.

sorry i did not see its from 07-"12 ". thank you again for all the help. i am now planing on buying a 2011-2012 450 sxf still haven't decided if i should buy it new or used. how much can i sell a new and used 450 sxf engine for do you know?

davi screwed with this post 11-21-2012 at 05:34 AM
davi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #84
jar944 OP
Studly Adventurer
 
jar944's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Chantilly VA
Oddometer: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by davi View Post
sorry i did not see its from 07-"12 ". thank you again for all the help i am now planing on buying a 2011-2012 450 sxf still haven't decided if i should buy it new or used. how much can i sell a new and used 450 sxf engine for do you know?
less than you would think...

If you got $2500 for a new engine you would be doing very well.

The last used motor I saw went for 1100 with a brand new crank and piston, it was a 4 speed though, i'd expect 1500-1800 for a 5 speed.
jar944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #85
davi
Adventurer
 
davi's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Medellin, Colombia. Philadelphia, United States
Oddometer: 19
hey jar hows it going. i have found a EFI kits for the two strokes here it is http://www.ecotrons.com/2_Stroke_Sma...e_EFI_kit.html
also i have a problem because here in Colombia, SA there arent to many ktm SX for sale most of them are exc. i have been looking at this one http://articulo.tumoto.com.co/MCO-22...35726-2008-_JM
but here is the hole list of ktms for sale in colombia http://listado.tumoto.com.co/motos/ktm/_OrderId_PRICE do you see any that might work
davi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:08 AM   #86
jar944 OP
Studly Adventurer
 
jar944's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Chantilly VA
Oddometer: 530
I would not go EFI. Any of the pre 08 450exc/525exc chassis will work. They are just not as good as the newer models.
jar944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #87
davi
Adventurer
 
davi's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Medellin, Colombia. Philadelphia, United States
Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jar944 View Post
I would not go EFI. Any of the pre 08 450exc/525exc chassis will work. They are just not as good as the newer models.
why not? pre? do you mean 2008-2011 450exc/525exc chassis will work and that the previos 2007 are not as good as the 2008-2011 models?

i think i found my match it is going to be a 2008-2011 450 EXC here are some pics in order

davi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #88
jar944 OP
Studly Adventurer
 
jar944's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Chantilly VA
Oddometer: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by davi View Post
why not? pre? do you mean 2008-2011 450exc/525exc chassis will work and that the previos 2007 are not as good as the 2008-2011 models?

i think i found my match it is going to be a 2008-2011 450 EXC here are some pics in order

no the 00-07 chassis will fit the 500 motor it's already been done. the 08+ exc has a larger cradle than any previous chassis.
jar944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:28 AM   #89
davi
Adventurer
 
davi's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Medellin, Colombia. Philadelphia, United States
Oddometer: 19
yea your right the 2008 450 exc has slightly bigger cradle than the 2008 450 sxf
2008 450 EXC 2008 450 SXF
davi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #90
davi
Adventurer
 
davi's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Medellin, Colombia. Philadelphia, United States
Oddometer: 19
i think i might go for the 2008 450 EXC i now know that the cradel is slightly bigger but i could do longer engine mounts ?
davi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014