ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 07:12 PM   #61
Sandspit
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Fl
Oddometer: 51
I'll try to be at malabar in the Am, just got my parts late today, gonna wrench early and charge out there. I need to do wheel bearings, chains, sprokects, bar risers, oil change..all minor tasks hopefully it goes smooth. If not sat. how about sunday? Space Coast Credit Union trails are off Wickam in Melbourne , maybe closer for some riders and although alot of sand in the area, there are many dirt packed trails. I am all for ealry rides, better temps.
.
Has anyone been out to Spacecoast Credit? If not it is a gem right in the center of town.
-
Hopefully see evryone tommorrow..
.
Sanpit
Sandspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #62
flwindsurf
Adventurer
 
flwindsurf's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Melbourne, FL
Oddometer: 21
...street-biased tires..."might" be willing to help pick up you...Ouch! C u 7ish...
flwindsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #63
Putzy
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Oddometer: 61
Great ride today guys. Had lots if fun. Well at least until I broke my arm. Two places just below shoulder. Might need surgery. goT to see an orthopedic surgeon to find out if it needs to be pinned in place. So I'm in a sling for now.

Big thanks to bill and bob for getting me and my bike to the hospital. Unfortunatly, it will be a while before I'll be able to ride with you again.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk.
Putzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #64
mark1305
Old Enough To Know Better
 
mark1305's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Oddometer: 5,988
I'll put in a plug for Dr Teurlings at Space Coast Orthopeadics if you don't already have one selected. He's treated me for a torn bursa in the elbow, operated on my daughter's knee, neighbor across the street's knee recently, girlfriend's sister's shoulder and knee, and so on. Dr. Al Kommos in the same practice seems to be pretty good, if he hasn't retired yet.
__________________
Mark J
Merritt Island, FL

When a person asks you for advice, they don't want advice. They want corroboration.
mark1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #65
Putzy
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1305 View Post
I'll put in a plug for Dr Teurlings at Space Coast Orthopeadics if you don't already have one selected. He's treated me for a torn bursa in the elbow, operated on my daughter's knee, neighbor across the street's knee recently, girlfriend's sister's shoulder and knee, and so on. Dr. Al Kommos in the same practice seems to be pretty good, if he hasn't retired yet.
thanks mark. i dont have one yet, so i'll be sure to contact him.
Putzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #66
Kommando OP
Grumpy Young Man
 
Kommando's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Spacecoaster FL
Oddometer: 7,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putzy View Post
Great ride today guys. Had lots if fun. Well at least until I broke my arm. Two places just below shoulder. Might need surgery. goT to see an orthopedic surgeon to find out if it needs to be pinned in place. So I'm in a sling for now.

Big thanks to bill and bob for getting me and my bike to the hospital. Unfortunatly, it will be a while before I'll be able to ride with you again.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk.
Hey there, Evil Knievel! 'Glad to see they didn't hafta put ya down.

2 breaks in the upper arm, huh? 'Figures it would be the humerus, with us smart-alecks standing around and yukking it up.

We're glad we could be of assistance, and that this didn't happen while you were out riding solo.

Bones can usually be straightened and healed pretty good. Did the docs find anything wrong with your joints, like a dislocated shoulder or torn ligaments? Did they find anything wrong with your head? ("Doc, I was hangin' out in the hot sun, just minding my own bidness, poppin' wheelies on my 400lb dirtbike in the sand and mud, when out of nowhere...Uhh...No, Doc. I haven't been using any mind-altering substances today. Why do you ask?")

Get well soon.

Drink your milk.

Brush twice, just to be sure.


BTW, would you like for us to take turns coming over to your house, to run fresh gas through your carb so it doesn't gum up while you're healing?

You also realize, this DOES give us time to iron out your fuel-mileage issue, without you riding all over burning copious amounts of gas. Give us a holler when you're ready to tackle it.

'Good to finally meet ya.

Bobbo

Kommando screwed with this post 05-05-2012 at 02:51 PM
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #67
Putzy
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Oddometer: 61
no joint or tendon issues that i am aware of. i can actually wiggle my shoulder around a bit without any issues, and squeezing all around it didnt hurt anywhere. so hopefully limited to just the bone.

though i should have had my head checked closer, i turned down a shot of morphine!
Putzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #68
scubadown
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Oddometer: 41
That really stinks man. Get better soon. Look forward to riding with you.
scubadown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:42 AM   #69
Sumo64c
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Oddometer: 496
Guys, careful at the Malabar area, that area was heavily enforced a few years back by BCSO after the compound area was closed off. May your riding out there be citation free.
Sumo64c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #70
Kommando OP
Grumpy Young Man
 
Kommando's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Spacecoaster FL
Oddometer: 7,079
Putzy, how ya feeling today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putzy View Post
no joint or tendon issues that i am aware of. i can actually wiggle my shoulder around a bit without any issues, and squeezing all around it didnt hurt anywhere. so hopefully limited to just the bone.
That's good news. You may wanna go easy on the wiggling and the squeezing though.

Hey, the docs give ya any decent painkiller scripts? The day after a bad slam is usually worse for me than the day of.

Were you able to get your bike back home, or do ya think you'll need a hand with it? I can bring my trailer out tomorrow evening, if necessary.


Flwindsurf (Bill) and I rode out to the Bull Creek WMA after watching you stroll off to CandystriperLand. It's pretty empty out there when there's no hunting season going on, and everything out there was REALLY dry. In all the excitment yesterday, I didn't take any pics, but I think Bill got some video here and there.



Quote:
though i should have had my head checked closer, i turned down a shot of morphine!
Well, there's always the option of a trip to Tijuana or Bangkok later.

Kommando screwed with this post 05-06-2012 at 03:04 PM
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #71
Putzy
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommando View Post
That's good news. You may wanna go easy on the wiggling and the squeezing though.

Hey, the docs give ya any decent painkiller scripts? The day after a bad slam is usually worse for me than the day of.

Were you able to get your bike back home, or do ya think you'll need a hand with it? I can bring my trailer out tomorrow evening, if necessary.


Flwindsurf (Bill) and I rode out to the Bull Creek WMA after watching you stroll off to CandystriperLand. It's pretty empty out there when there's no hunting season going on, and everything out there was REALLY dry. In all the excitment yesterday, I didn't take any pics, but I think Bill got some video here and there.



Well, there's always the option of a trip to Tijuana or Bangkok later.
oh i am taking it pretty easy. besides, if i do something wrong, i get corrected immediately! :) who says pain isnt a good teaching tool has never had to live with a broken shoulder.

got the bike home fine. my buddy and his wife came to get me. he rode the bike home and she drove me in her car.

as for pills, got some percocets. dont seem very powerful though, as it still hurts like crazy if i move the arm.
Putzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #72
flwindsurf
Adventurer
 
flwindsurf's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Melbourne, FL
Oddometer: 21
Great ride Saturday. My arm feels fine. Got some good videos. I just want a copy of the live action shot Saturday morning. Since I don't have knobs it'd be nice to borrow some for 8 weeks!
flwindsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #73
Kommando OP
Grumpy Young Man
 
Kommando's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Spacecoaster FL
Oddometer: 7,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by flwindsurf View Post
Great ride Saturday. My arm feels fine. Got some good videos. I just want a copy of the live action shot Saturday morning. Since I don't have knobs it'd be nice to borrow some for 8 weeks!
What do YOU need knobs for?! You're the only one who didn't dump it on Saturday!





Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #74
Kommando OP
Grumpy Young Man
 
Kommando's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Spacecoaster FL
Oddometer: 7,079
Well, I can't ride this Saturday, so yous guys will have to post some pics and reports. I'm going to a wedding (not my own). I might be able to meet up for some riding on Sunday, or end up over at Putzy's- fiddling with his gas mileage (we know it's likely not the carb, brakes, driveline, or bearings) and doodling on his cast.

You HAVE been casted by now, right?
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #75
Putzy
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommando View Post
Well, I can't ride this Saturday, so yous guys will have to post some pics and reports. I'm going to a wedding (not my own). I might be able to meet up for some riding on Sunday, or end up over at Putzy's- fiddling with his gas mileage (we know it's likely not the carb, brakes, driveline, or bearings) and doodling on his cast.

You HAVE been casted by now, right?

no cast for broken shoulder. just sling for several weeks. which of course means every time you move it wrong, it hurts.

hey, btw, send me your address and i'll send you your lock. same with you bill if you want you t-shirt back.
Putzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014