ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2012, 06:38 AM   #91
aceflyer32
Snoopy

Oddometer: 28
I will be there again this year, along with my son and two riding buddies here from Indy. Had a Blast last year, and really enjoyed the company of my new friends.
Anyone on the fence about doing this ride, DO IT! I went last year, alone, made some great new friends, and absolutely loved this ride!
If any of you Evansville guys read this, I'd like to put a username (on Adv) with your faces. Also like to hear from John from Missouri.

Allen
(Indianapolis DR 350)
aceflyer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #92
rjharris
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVCoot View Post
and I'm once again making plans to attend this year. Bought the shirt in 2010 but life issues got in the way. Thought I'd make it last year...family matters took precedent. Planning to ride my '89 NX250 Honda and bring my 2008 Versys as well and will be camping somewhere in my ToyHauler. Looking forward to meeting up with and riding with you fella; I'm originally from the Bootheel (Sikeston '48-'69).
That is a nice looking bike!
rjharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #93
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,139
Well I was cleaning my desk earlier this week and found two more 2011 stickers. If anyone rode last year, but didn't get a sticker just send me a pm with name and address.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:26 PM   #94
ThumperDRZ OP
Bouncing off Rocks!

Oddometer: 2,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post
Well I was cleaning my desk earlier this week and found two more 2011 stickers. If anyone rode last year, but didn't get a sticker just send me a pm with name and address.
I think I still have a few extras - takes those to Alaska and plant them in a memorable spot

On Hiatus
ThumperDRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #95
BackRoadNomad
Wandering around

Oddometer: 330
Thanks for your kind remarks rjharris...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjharris View Post
That is a nice looking bike!
It was a one-owner NX with only 946 original miles on it when I bought it off ebay 1 years ago. Being a citizen that qualifies for senior discounts now (hence ADVCoot user name), I have had to quit riding the rougher Dual Sport Events, i.e., Renfro Valley, Loretta Lynns' and Sequatchie and be satisfied with a slower pace on the back roads, mostly. I did ride the LBL200 last September on Saturday. Had it not been for a low-speed hookup with an oak tree while climbing up a stair-step ravine, I would have ridden Sunday as well. Fortunately, my body took the full brunt of the impact and the eventual lay-it-over position. No scratches or dents on the little NX250...I fractured my left ankle, had a hairline crack in my femur and deep bruising of my left calf; three days in the hospital.
There's still a "hitch" in my "giddy-up" but the NX250 is ready for new adventures. After a carb rebuild, the NX has performed flawlessly...it's still on the original tires. I may install a set of Progressive front springs in the forks before this ride and install a modified SV650 Suzuki adjustable rear shock that I've had for about a year.

I'm still a little GPS challenged so I'd like to ride along with someone who has the tracks loaded in their unit.
"One of the things that make motorcycling so great is because it never fails to give you a feeling of freedom and adventure." Steve McQueen

BackRoadNomad screwed with this post 01-27-2012 at 06:55 PM
BackRoadNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #96
indykwak
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
There should be plenty of folks with GPS tracks loaded. I would suggest getting up early to catch them though. Last year was my first and I was surprised/impressed by how many got up and on the road before 8:00 AM, more like 7 AM. It's a long couple days ride so the early start makes a lot of sense.

Setting my alarm early this year.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #97
BackRoadNomad
Wandering around

Oddometer: 330
...when you have ridden with the...

Quote:
Originally Posted by indykwak View Post
There should be plenty of folks with GPS tracks loaded. I would suggest getting up early to catch them though. Last year was my first and I was surprised/impressed by how many got up and on the road before 8:00 AM, more like 7 AM. It's a long couple days ride so the early start makes a lot of sense.

Setting my alarm early this year.
...BIGDOG (BigDogAdventures aka Mark Sampson), you learn to wake up early and get on the road/trails @ O-early-thirty if'n you want to ride along with him! Pour me a cup of joe and hand me a biscuit and I become an instant nice guy rarin' to go!
"One of the things that make motorcycling so great is because it never fails to give you a feeling of freedom and adventure." Steve McQueen
BackRoadNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #98
Gehtlos
Einer geht noch

Oddometer: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potosi Joe View Post
What we wouldn't have gotten that fine offer of dancing by that drunkchick

I can't believe you remember that.
Gehtlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #99
rjharris
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gehtlos View Post
It was probably good we didn't stop and go in the bar. We would have made a few more memories!
rjharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #100
dirtyleg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
ride setup

After reading COOTS reply I think I may know the Answer to my own question but here goes anyway. My old DR350 has a 15/48 sprocket setup with that it can run gravel roads from 50mph to 65 all day long and get about 65mpg with the stock tank that should be around 120-130mpg before reserve. All that being said (and yes this will be my first SBR) should I install Clarke tank (twice the capacity) and or install different primary available in my garage 13-14-15-16 tooth. Also have 41 tooth rear wheel sprocket if needed.
Thanks in advance for your input.
Dirtyleg
Old 01-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #101
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyleg View Post
After reading COOTS reply I think I may know the Answer to my own question but here goes anyway. My old DR350 has a 15/48 sprocket setup with that it can run gravel roads from 50mph to 65 all day long and get about 65mpg with the stock tank that should be around 120-130mpg before reserve. All that being said (and yes this will be my first SBR) should I install Clarke tank (twice the capacity) and or install different primary available in my garage 13-14-15-16 tooth. Also have 41 tooth rear wheel sprocket if needed.
Thanks in advance for your input.
Dirtyleg
You are over thinking this.

Current bikes F800GS-EXCF350-Versys-690R-RZ350
sieg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:58 AM   #102
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,139
If you can get 120 from a tank, you should be good.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:57 AM   #103
Potosi Joe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gehtlos View Post
Some offers you never forget.
Potosi Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:01 AM   #104
Potosi Joe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjharris View Post
It was probably good we didn't stop and go in the bar. We would have made a few more memories!
You are right. We may have made a few we would still regret.
Potosi Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:18 PM   #105
ezrdr55
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
I'll most likely be on the Wee-Strom again this year unless I get my XR600R (idle since 2005) going. I thought about taking the KTM, but it's not set up to bring a tent and sleeping bag.