User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2014, 10:59 AM   #1
redwing51 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
1150GS transmission guide pins clutch replacement

I will be replacing my clutch on a 2002 1150GS. I know that I will need 2 guide pins to remove and re-install transmission. Does anyone know the specs on them (length and thread size) I was going to make them myself by buying bolts and cutting off heads and adding screwdriver slot.(BMW special tool # 233 1 820) I'm assuming that this will work, no? Any other tips or suggestions on completing job would be appreciated. I will also be lubing spline and replacing clutch slave. I am going a little above my pay grade in attempting this job, but would like to familiarize myself a little more with my bike as well. And it gives me a winter project. I do have the factory service manual on CD and have printed out the steps. The bike has 77k miles on it and has never been opened up as long as I have owned it. I bought it with about 33k on it. Is there anything else that I should address while I have things apart? I have fair wrenching abilities, but this is a bigger job than I have attempted before. I welcome all feed back, suggestions, admonitions, etc. Thank you.
redwing51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:37 PM   #2
YesRush
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
8x90,,90mm is without head.Upper left & lower right,where the dowels are.

Car ramps on there sides with plywood on top makes an excellent table for a jack under trans.
YesRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:58 PM   #3
Steptoe
steptoe

Oddometer: 2,552
Put the guide bolts in the middle hole on each side. And no need to add a screwdriver slot as they undo by hand once the other four bolts are bolted into place.