Timpo
NORTH WALES TRF.

Oddometer: 2,106
A bit of a crack.......

Old 05-01-2012, 07:11 AM   #92
CrazyIvan
Vonkentrekker

Oddometer: 151
My main man Pete has slapped the tracks in his GPS, and is ready to go. He's kicked ass in every country in the world except 3. So if any of you guys need some inside info on the night life on Easter Island, he's your man...

Here he is at the office...

CrazyIvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:08 AM   #93
Harty
Bloody Good Bloke!

Oddometer: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyIvan View Post
My main man Pete has slapped the tracks in his GPS, and is ready to go. He's kicked ass in every country in the world except 3. So if any of you guys need some inside info on the night life on Easter Island, he's your man...

Here he is at the office...

He must have a neck like the Hulk, wearing that helmet on a bike all day
Old 05-01-2012, 08:18 AM   #94
LOZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,200
got room in the van if anyone interested

loz

LOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:06 AM   #95
allroadtoine
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Wilfried,

I brought from a single track the number of trackpoints back from ca. 10.000 points back to less then 500 points as you demonstrated.
I Hope, I wil find the "sneaky paths" to the campsites

Greetings

Toine
allroadtoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #96
CrazyIvan
Vonkentrekker

Oddometer: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by allroadtoine View Post
Wilfried,

I brought from a single track the number of trackpoints back from ca. 10.000 points back to less then 500 points as you demonstrated.

Greetings

Toine
As long as you don't end up in LOZ...

CrazyIvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #97
fluff34567
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by allroadtoine View Post
Wilfried,

Greetings

Toine

i upped the amount of points that Wilfried gave me to 1000 per track and thats worked for me on the zumo
fluff34567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #98
Danielle&Janice
We love sheep

Oddometer: 26
sorry to tread old ground...

But this insurance situation is really winding me up!!! After spending a total of 1 1/2hrs on the phone to Carole GASH, and them assuring me they would insure me in croatia, I forked out a small fortune to change insurers. Certificate arrives, no mentione of Croatia. I email them for clarification. Nothing. So I call them now and turns out I'm NOT insured for Croatia and that I need a green card at a hefty 60. None of the speel about EU regulations etc worked, apparently Aviva/ GASH won't insure me for Croatia end of. So now I wait until morning when Mr and Mrs Green Card are back in and we have to see how long it takes for them to post me my precious piece of paper. Bearing in mind there's a bank holiday and my last day at home is Tuesday, its not looking promising is it...? Any advice appreciated!!
Danielle&Janice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #99
Harty
Bloody Good Bloke!

Oddometer: 251
You're welcome to have it sent to my address. Me and Rich are leaving on Friday
Old 05-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #100
Berin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 481
We went last year (2011) and were told we were covered for Croatia as part of the standard list of countries - no green card needed, and we weren't asked for one at the border (or anything, for that matter). Jane-marie couldn't get Bosnia covered and bought insurance at the border (€10). Both insured via Carole Nash. I'll check my cert tomorrow - but if they've told they do cover Croatia and then change their mind they must put it right at their cost.

last minute stress you don't need, I know.

From the Direct Gov website:

"Where the Green Card is needed

A Green Card is not required by law to cross borders within the European Union and some other countries. This is because all EU countries and certain other countries comply with the first directive on motor insurance, which says that every insurance policy issued in the EU must provide the minimum insurance cover required by law in any other EU country.
The countries that don't need a Green Card are:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
The countries that do need a Green card are:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM), Islamic Republic of Iran, Israel, Moldova, Morocco, Russia, Serbia and Montenegro, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine."

From the FCO website:

"Your UK driving licence is valid for up to six months from entry into Croatia. If you are staying longer, you need to apply for a Croatian licence. International Driving Licences are not valid in Croatia.

You may need to provide proof that you own your vehicle to enter Croatia by presenting a V5 log book. If you fail to produce this documentation when asked you will be refused entry.

Please contact the Croatian Embassy in London if you have more detailed questions about bringing a vehicle in to the country. The British Embassy is unable to offer any assistance to individuals attempting to bring vehicles into Croatia who do not have the correct documentation on arrival at the border.

You do not need a Green Card to drive in Croatia. However, if you are driving to or through Bosnia and Herzegovina, including the 20km strip of coastline at Neum on the Dalmatian coastal highway, ensure that you have a Green Card that includes cover for Bosnia and Herzegovina. If this is not the case, temporary third-party insurance can be purchased at the main border posts, or in Split and other large Croatian cities. Insurance cannot be obtained at the Neum border."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle&Janice View Post
But this insurance situation is really winding me up!!! After spending a total of 1 1/2hrs on the phone to Carole GASH, and them assuring me they would insure me in croatia, I forked out a small fortune to change insurers. Certificate arrives, no mentione of Croatia. I email them for clarification. Nothing. So I call them now and turns out I'm NOT insured for Croatia and that I need a green card at a hefty 60. None of the speel about EU regulations etc worked, apparently Aviva/ GASH won't insure me for Croatia end of. So now I wait until morning when Mr and Mrs Green Card are back in and we have to see how long it takes for them to post me my precious piece of paper. Bearing in mind there's a bank holiday and my last day at home is Tuesday, its not looking promising is it...? Any advice appreciated!!

Berin screwed with this post 05-02-2012 at 02:24 PM
Berin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #101
muddymatt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
Quote:
I feel your pain Danielle,

I was insured with Bennetts who point blank refused to cover me for Croatia with my standard insurance and wouldn't respond in writing as to whether I had minimum Third party Cover.

I ended up cancelling my policy and taking out a new one. Although through a broker the underwriter was Aviva who were contacted and confirmed that I was covered with the same level as my UK Policy. Might be worth checking who your underwriter is.

Matt
muddymatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:34 AM   #102
fluff34567
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
. None of the speel about EU regulations etc worked, apparently Aviva/ GASH won't insure me for Croatia end of.
Thats illegal as EU law states that minimum cover must be provided even without a green card. i would have spoken with the supervisor - mentioned the relevent eu laws and if they still dont want to accept it, request in writing they wont cover you at the minimum levels and then take it to the ombundsman - if you can be arsed that it.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:50 AM   #103
Berin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 481
What he said - there's a thread somewhere (HUBB, maybe) where a guy contacted the FSA who made the insurer pay for the cost of changing insurer after they had mis-advised. Dani, I think you will have minimum TP cover in Croatia with your insurer, but they may not extend addiotnal cover (Fire, theft, comprehensive).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluff34567 View Post
Thats illegal as EU law states that minimum cover must be provided even without a green card. i would have spoken with the supervisor - mentioned the relevent eu laws and if they still dont want to accept it, request in writing they wont cover you at the minimum levels and then take it to the ombundsman - if you can be arsed that it.
Berin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:07 AM   #104
RickA
Fat Old Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
Insurance

Hi guys,

Any insurance underwritten by Aviva DOES cover Croatia. Third-party liability at a minimum ( mine is full cover - same as UK ).
Fairly sure All the major players will be the same.

Most brokers such as Carole Nash etc don't know details such as this off-hand and will allways reply to questions such as this in a negative way to cover their own ass. Better to say NO than to give wrong advice....

1. Check the small-print
2. Check-out the insurers website (the insurer not the broker) for the small print.
3. Dont Panic!
4. Don't worry.
5. Ride your bike!

Cheers, Rick.
RickA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #105
fluff34567
Studly Adventurer

been fitting my GPS mount and noticed the screw for keeping the zumo in place is missing

anyone in Belgium that i can have the packet posted to? Migsel who makes them is in Zonhoven, Belgium so would be quicker than posting it to here (CH) and the chances are I wouldnt get it in time.