ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Dinner Location?
Golden Corral 5 11.63%
Asian Buffet 10 23.26%
J Gumbo 11 25.58%
Marions Pizza 17 39.53%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #16
witttom
Tom Witt

Oddometer: 283
Perfect bike. Ummm.... yeah. That's like trying to fill your toolbox with one tool that does everything. You're better off owning multiple tools. ;)
Old 01-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #17
Badjuju
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
I'd like to weigh in on this, too. Noticed a lot of people already said Thu were bad for 'em, and for me as well. Any chance we could rotate in a Mon-Wed-Fri to the meeting schedule....and maybe NOT at the GC. I haven't ever been, and didn't realize: 1) you can't get in without paying for food, whether yer eating or not; and 2) NO F'N BEER!

Hope y'all don't think I'm trying to sheit in yer mess kit, but figger it doesn't hurt to ask.
Some people will tell you that slow is good, and it may be on some days, but I am here to tell you that fast is better... Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature
Badjuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #18
Dualsport
Maker of Sweet Cheek

Oddometer: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badjuju View Post
I'd like to weigh in on this, too. Noticed a lot of people already said Thu were bad for 'em, and for me as well. Any chance we could rotate in a Mon-Wed-Fri to the meeting schedule....and maybe NOT at the GC. I haven't ever been, and didn't realize: 1) you can't get in without paying for food, whether yer eating or not; and 2) NO F'N BEER!

Hope y'all don't think I'm trying to sheit in yer mess kit, but figger it doesn't hurt to ask.

I sent out multiple e-mails to find out what day worked best for everyone. Thursday was best overall from those that responded. Those that did not respond didn't get a vote. Third Thursday worked better than others so it is the third Thursday.
I called several places trying to find one that had a meeting room we could use for several hours. We can't use a bar or someplace with music or TV's because we like to sit and talk - not yell.
I went out and met with many owners and managers before I settled on Golden Corral.
Those that have attended like it.
And If you can't come and talk with the guys and eat because there isn't beer, I feel sorry for you. You need to be attending a different support group than what we have to offer.

OK, I'm off my soap box now.

Oh, guy's can you put your name in your signature so we know who you are?

Dualsport screwed with this post 01-24-2012 at 03:50 PM
Dualsport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #19
Dualsport
Maker of Sweet Cheek

Quote:
Originally Posted by patmo View Post
Ray and others,,,,,,,,

Sounds like fun. I work in Florence until 6 on Thursdays but if you don't mind me showing up late I'll try to make it next time.

Pat
Pat, One of the things that made me pick Golden Corral is that we have the room for 3+ hours. So by all means come visit with us.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #20
DYNOBOB OP
lucky dog

Oddometer: 832
I don't want to step on any toes because I'm a FNG and haven't done the work to organize the group... but who says there can't also be a "second Monday of the month meeting" at a different location or whatever. Hell, throw your idea out and see who salutes...that's the purpose of this thread. Not everyone on the thread is going to share the same riding interests/styles anyway. One of the things I like best about the motorcycle sport is you meet consistently good people and always find a few w/ compatible interests.

Obviously there is never one date that works for everyone, that's the nature of the beast. In the end someone has to make the call and I respect Ray's effort to get a third Thurs group together...

DYNOBOB screwed with this post 01-24-2012 at 04:19 PM
DYNOBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:30 PM   #21
(none)
poser

Oddometer: 2,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualsport View Post
Pat, One of the things that made me pick Golden Corral is that we have the room for 3+ hours. So by all means come visit with us.
Wish i could have made it this past time. Sounds like the seating and such might have been better than the pizza place.
LC80
JK Rubi
(none) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #22
motoxer667
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYNOBOB View Post
I don't want to step on any toes because I'm a FNG and haven't done the work to organize the group... but who says there can't also be a "second Monday of the month meeting" at a different location or whatever. Hell, throw your idea out and see who salutes...that's the purpose of this thread. Not everyone on the thread is going to share the same riding interests/styles anyway. One of the things I like best about the motorcycle sport is you meet consistently good people and always find a few w/ compatible interests.

Obviously there is never one date that works for everyone, that's the nature of the beast. In the end someone has to make the call and I respect Ray's effort to get a third Thurs group together...

Hey DYNOBOB how about The Pub in Lebanon Sometime. Cheap beer too.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #23
Badjuju
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Those that did not respond didn't get a vote.
Since you just recently added me to your mailing list, I didn't get the opportunity to vote on a place/day--it'd already been picked. I'm OK with that. I was merely asking if another day could be added to the meeting times. Fuggetaboutit.

Quote:
....because we like to sit and talk - not yell.
You said you don't like to yell....sheesh.

Quote:
....because there isn't beer, I feel sorry for you. You need to be attending a different support group than what we have to offer.
Yup, I like beer. Don't feel sorry for me. I'm actually a purty happy guy. Don't need your support, just an occasional cold one.

Ray/Dualsport: Sounds like someone already messed with your kit, so ignore my message. I don't need to attend the meetings as long as I get your emails about riding. I hope I get invited to join your group when things start to turn rideable again in the spring. BTW, you already know me as icantdrive55 or....

Bill Francis
Some people will tell you that slow is good, and it may be on some days, but I am here to tell you that fast is better... Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature
Old 01-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #24
Badjuju
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxer667 View Post
Careful boy, yer treadin' on thin ice.

BF
Old 01-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #25
DYNOBOB OP
lucky dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxer667 View Post
I know where it is, never been in. Can you get a good burger there?

Old 01-24-2012, 08:51 PM   #26
DYNOBOB OP
lucky dog

Since I'm a noob to dual sport and excited about my new bike I'll post a couple pics...

DYNOBOB screwed with this post 01-24-2012 at 09:17 PM
Old 01-25-2012, 04:36 AM   #27
Dualsport
Maker of Sweet Cheek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badjuju View Post
Ray/Dualsport: Sounds like someone already messed with your kit
Bill Francis
Bill, I have tried my best to please everyone. Obviously as the group size grows, not everyones needs can be met.

Out of 54 people 2 need alcohol or they won't come. One won't eat at a buffet. 2 can't do 3rd Thursday.

I am officially off the meeting room schedule.

Here are the requirements I was trying for.

Items needed are as follows. Central location, private meeting room that we could have for a few hours, No waitress hovering overhead, food available at whatever time someone shows up. No loud TV - band or radio.

Feel free to take over finding a location, dates and times.
I can not do the first Tuesday of the month. Other than that I am wide open.
Golden Corral future dates are now cancelled.

Let me know when and where.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:46 AM   #28
cobrat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
I'm going to give the benefit of doubt and say that these were not meant as complaints but as opinions, and that there was no intention of destroying the regular meets that we have now --- which are very much appreciated by those attending!!

I want to keep what we have and build it up and I really appreciate Ray being the focal point for our group.

If anybody wants to do the work of setting up additional sessions at alternate settings -- please feel free! Hey, the more meets, the more rides, the more fun.

TomT
Old 01-25-2012, 08:16 AM   #29
daveinoh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
Checking in

Hey all, just checking in. This thread was a good idea! Haven't been able to make it to our monthly gathering but I'm hoping that my schedule will free up soon. Anyway, glad to see everyone.

P.S. I don't care when or where our meetups are held. If I can make it I will be there.

Dave Stephens
The Toad Goeth East http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=729961
daveinoh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:26 AM   #30
Badjuju
Gnarly Adventurer

So as not to jeopardize the future unity of this group, I've asked Ray to remove my name from the mailing list. Sorry for the trouble, guys. Carry on.