Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #136
murdock84
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 550
It was a cool 46 degrees on my way north on 441 at 6:10AM on my way home from work on Saturday morning. Bainbridge is typically my coldest spot on my way to and from.
murdock84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:05 PM   #137
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,572
We missed each other by about 30 minutes. I was heading south through Bainbridge around 0645.
Skyclad's Wanderings - Bald Eagle Bastards - The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
KCCO
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:33 PM   #138
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

This has not been a good winter for me riding. With the work schedule and weather conditions being what they are, I have had a serious lack of motivation to do some much needed work on the bike. Last time I rode was all the way back in the end of October!!!

During that ride, I noticed my chain seemed to be skipping. This may have had soemthing to do with it.

Well, the ICE Rally is this weekend, so I really had to get the bike ready to ride. She now has a new chain and chain and sprockets with a different ratio (16:45 from 17:45, stock is 16:42) and fresh oil.

While I was working on the bike, I made a few other mods. No more kickstand safety switch trying to kill me off-road, nor do I have crash bars installed any longer. Blasting Elf bought me a heated jacket for Yule, so I wired that up. Why didn't I ask for one of these earlier???

The last mod was to install some extra candlepower. Rigid Industry was my choice for their LED light setup. I will have to get some pictures of the lights, but here is what they do for me. This is what my driveway looks like with look beam only.

High beams are not too bad.

But I prefer the mothership mode.

ICE Rally this weekend, so there will be more pictures in the near future...
Skyclad's Wanderings - Bald Eagle Bastards - The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
KCCO
Old 02-21-2014, 06:22 AM   #139
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 12,786
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:13 AM   #140
Cuttle
me? what?

Oddometer: 10,580
like the beams -

the sprocket? not so much
Old 02-22-2014, 03:36 AM   #141
42 JAY
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Nice KTM! Last time I saw ya in 2009 on a Buell, I was on a 2008 DR650s now I'm on a DRZ400s.
42 JAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:32 AM   #142
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

That sign was both the speed limit and the air temperature.

Warmer temps are coming. Just a little longer until daily rides will be the norm again.
KCCO
Old 03-11-2014, 06:03 PM   #143
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

Only working eight hour days this week, and the weather was far to nice to go straight home, so I too the long way. Found a nice little waterfall.

There is still some snow in the shady places.

How about a tall railroad bridge over a not-so-tall railroad bridge?

Mattie is starting to look like she should again.

A cool tree AND a cool old building together? OK, I will take that shot.

and following it up with another old building

I was asked awhile ago about Rambo Run Road. I still don't know for sure where it goes, but I will have to find out when the snow is gone. It looks...interesting.

One last shot before while getting close to home.

This is looking to be a good year for riding. I will be hanging with the WNC bunch in a few weeks at March Moto Madness, then heading back down south in May for Rick's Rendezvous. Trailering the little bike down to MMM, and still working on the route for the run to RDV. I will probably use some of the Trans-eastern Trail again, but nothing is certain quite yet. Oh well, I know it will be a good time, regardless of which route I put together.
KCCO
Old 04-03-2014, 06:26 AM   #144
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

So I mentioned March Moto Madness in my previous post. Good riding, good friends and good beer. What more could a man ask for, other than good weather. That part was a little lacking.

I planned on towing the bike down due to the questionable weather and to have a warm, dry bed. Turns out that was a very good decision. This is what it looked like when I left Wednesday morning.

And I ran into this in Virginia. It is rare that I am happy to be in a cage instead of riding the bike. This was such a time.

Thursday was the only really nice day as far as the weather goes. I rode the Cherohala Skyway.

Even had a riding partner for the day.

KCCO
Old 04-03-2014, 06:28 AM   #145
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

Friday was spent getting a little education. I took a the Intermediate Adventure Riding class offered by Adventure Riders International. I have to admit that I was hoping for something a little more advanced, but still, I learned a few things and refined some techniques that I already knew. Certainly worth the money spent. Lorne is a great instructor; very knowledgeable and patient.

He told us at the beginning of the class that he would push us outside our comfort zone at some point during the class. For me, that came when we were working on the braking exercise. He had us intentionally locking the front wheel and pushing it a little bit. That just ain't natural, I tell ya! It felt strange as hell to try to lock up the front, though I guess I did push it about 10 -15 feet at one point.

Some folks were a little further outside their comfort zone than others. Yes, that is a Ulysses taking a nap. Ah, memories.

This is Sally. She was the only student to have the guts to try this line. Way to go Sally! We won't discuss what happened immediately after this picture was taken.

Friday evening we were treated to a little trials demonstration. I love watching trials riders ignoring basic laws of physics.

It is also refreshing to see the car getting run over by the motorcycle for a change.

"Love ya, Dad!"
KCCO
Old 04-03-2014, 06:34 AM   #146
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

Saturday morning I took a short ride. I had to be back in time for the bike games, so I only did 50 miles or so. Here is Bald River Falls.

I spotted the elusive Disconnected.

And got to see some pretty little mountain streams.

I stopped to get a picture of a moss covered bridge on North River Road. Ended up getting a few bonus shots of some random MMM riders.

Here is the bridge I stopped for.

Any good bridge in the middle of the forest is bound to have its own little mountain stream.

The views from the Cherohala are always a treat, even in bad weather.

What motorcycle trip would be complete without good friends to hang out with?

Against my better judgement, I left two cameras in the hands of the Morans to get pictures during the bike games. Here are the results.

Sorry about the self promoting flood. It is just so rare that I actually get pictures of me riding that I got a little excited.

I packed it up Sunday and headed home. Damn! I should have stayed down south.

The next big trip is for Rick's Rendezvous. Yeah, I am looking forward to it. There will most likely be a little local Wandering between now and then, so don't forget to check in form time to time.
KCCO
Old 04-03-2014, 06:38 AM   #147
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

See, I told you there would be some local Wandering. Visited Michaux State Forest on Tuesday. Didn't get many pictures, but here is what I have for ya.

KCCO
Old 04-03-2014, 01:22 PM   #148
murdock84
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 550
Looks like you had a fun wet time!
murdock84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:04 PM   #149
Cuttle
me? what?

Oddometer: 10,580
I got two more of you (very similar of yours)

See ya in May!!!
Old 04-03-2014, 02:28 PM   #150
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttle View Post
I got two more of you (very similar of yours)
Huh, I see three pictures. Must be that strange German counting.

Thanks beautiful.

Quote:
See ya in May!!!
Looking forward to it.
KCCO