Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #91
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Oddometer: 3,346
a simpler, cost efficient way of modifying brake lines for the 21'' wheel/hi fender

[QUOTE=Thagua;18288779]Hey Greg ... those were mine ... I have ready the high fender for these wheels ... we need the double brake hoses running from the top ... here a preview of the fender with the low one still attached.

Thagua,,,that's an awesome front fender,,

in a previous post i raised the question of a simpler way of doing the 21'' brake line...we already have the oem x over version...the problem withthe low to the fender situation is that if anything happens to break the close fender then the brake line will most likely get snagge dtoo and sucked into the wheel

so,,,do we really need to go the double brake line route???
been thinking of a simpler way to get left /right brakes to work...remember i'm a "KISS" kind of guy,,,hence,here's my take...

$$ wise,,,installation wise,,simplicity wise,,,

IMHO,,we can accomplish our goals by simply making /installing a longer braides ss X-overline so that it goes up and over the top of the new high fender,,,and installing a modified left left brake line support bracket on the right hand side..wasp man sent apic..we both arrived at the same conclusion regarding the bracket...the beauty of my suggestion..we only need one simple line with matching banjo ends,,a nd the modified brake line support yamaha part #---------,,,all ya have to do is swap the existing X-ver line for the longer one,,no need for anything else
let me know your thoughts,,,
woody

PS,,,here's link to wasp-man's picture
https://mail-attachment.googleuserco...dMT5QvIukFmC1A
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W

woody's wheel works screwed with this post 03-24-2012 at 12:20 PM
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #92
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Cool2 need hose length to go over Thagua's high fender..

Thagua and Wasp-man,,you have the missing link,,,,

please place bike on center-stand so that the front fork is fully extended,,,get a measuring tape and run it in the same path as the oem one BUT over the top of your high fender... we do not need the angle of the banjo fitting because it is straight and on the same plane WOW,,too easy !!!!

VOILA,,we'll be on our way,,,

so the modified left bracket ,the proper length ss braided brake line, and a tie-tie of two should have us going...

only other thing that occurred to me is whether ya'll want a vinyl covered line or not

i get high with a lil help from my international/galactic friends out there
muchas gratias roberto

senor woody

woody's wheel works screwed with this post 03-25-2012 at 07:50 AM
Old 03-25-2012, 07:53 AM   #93
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

formula for measuring new/longer 21''hi-fender brake line...

thus,,formula for success:

from center-line of left banjo bolt over the top of hi-fender down to C/L of right banjo bolt + 1''/25mm [to assure no stress in line] = OA length of 21'' brake-line

just wanted to make sure ya'll are measuring from the same place i do
woody
Old 03-25-2012, 09:36 AM   #94
Wasp
Supa10 pilot

Oddometer: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody's wheel works View Post

IMHO,,we can accomplish our goals by simply making /installing a longer braides ss X-overline so that it goes up and over the top of the new high fender,,,and installing a modified left left brake line support bracket on the right hand side..wasp man sent apic..we both arrived at the same conclusion regarding the bracket...the beauty of my suggestion..we only need one simple line with matching banjo ends,,a nd the modified brake line support yamaha part #---------,,,all ya have to do is swap the existing X-ver line for the longer one,,no need for anything else
let me know your thoughts,,,
woody

PS,,,here's link to wasp-man's picture
https://mail-attachment.googleuserco...dMT5QvIukFmC1A
At Woody's request:
Here's the pic that he was trying to link to..

P.S -He might make great wheels, but cant insert pics for shit!!!

Greg.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=778809
Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #95
Thagua
Let's go adventuring...

Oddometer: 354
Homework done

Quote:
thus,,formula for success:

from center-line of left banjo bolt over the top of hi-fender down to C/L of right banjo bolt + 1''/25mm [to assure no stress in line] = OA length of 21'' brake-line

just wanted to make sure ya'll are measuring from the same place i do
woody
Hi Woody and Greg ...front high fender installed after making some adjustments ...

the extended 2" brake line for my extended low fender is hanging with a piece of wire ...

measured as indicated and we have 850 mm from center to center of banjo bolts

shouldn't it be easier to come from the distribution manifold with 2 hoses coming one each side? and use the same bracket as the left side on the right side just as Wasp indicated?

My 2 cents, cheers,
Roberto
Old 03-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #96
Wasp
Supa10 pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thagua View Post

shouldn't it be easier to come from the distribution manifold with 2 hoses coming one each side? and use the same bracket as the left side on the right side just as Wasp indicated?

My 2 cents, cheers,
Roberto
I dunno Roberto. The hose coming from the manifold block is crimped and soldered so you would have to design/fab another distribution manifold with two seperate lines.

Greg.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #97
Thagua
Let's go adventuring...

Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
I dunno Roberto. The hose coming from the manifold block is crimped and soldered so you would have to design/fab another distribution manifold with two seperate lines.

Greg.
You are right Greg ... I have been in touch with a brake line manufacturer and he has all the necessary items to do the conversion ... the only trouble is that he does not have the high tech brake hoses as those used by Jason (Rideonadv) ... will make some work tomorrow ...
Cheers,
Roberto
Old 03-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #98
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

double or single X-over line for 21'' conversion

IMHO,,after looking at all my drawings,all of your pics,,i assert,that it will be far more difficult and costly to do the double line version,,,the dilemna is that the left line becomes the junction box... the bike i had was covered in mud,,,and hence i thought oh just unscrew the banjo bolt up there and then use a double banjo bolt and pop lines together at the junction box,,not so fast matey....after looking at the clearer pics and confirming the microficehe drawings i concluded it won't be quite as quick n easy..hence my alternative solution...it's not insurmountable to do the double line toute but why bother witht the hassle

i'll get galfer to make me up a few ,since we are working on a variety of other projects together...

c'mon guys,,ya gotta admit a double ended 850mm brake line will be a lot simpler,,,cheaper,,,and quicker to deal with...all ya have to do is remove /swap the oem lin efor the new one ,,just R&R the 2 banjo bolts,swap lines and bleed the system

now wasp-man you were thinking of routing em the front of the forks and over ????,,what would the advantage of that set up be...

OBTW,,Thaguas front fender won't interfere with the skid plate ,like that ''extended oem fender '' scenario you were telling me about,,it'll never come close to the skid plate:>)

'nuff said,,,thanks for the dimensions Thagua,,do ya want me to include it with your wheels which will be ready next week,,,rims should be back from anodizers on tuesday...unfortunately the 10 extra brake line brackets will be 3 weeks out...

vamonos
woody

PS,,thanks for all the pics wasp-man n Thagua

woody's wheel works screwed with this post 03-25-2012 at 09:09 PM
Old 03-26-2012, 05:01 AM   #99
obe01
Wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,269
Hes anyone had a chance to put an eye over Francesco's S10. Anyone got any closeup pics???? and wether or not he did the Single front disc mod himself or if Yamaha did the work for him....

The setup he is using on his Youtube footage seems to be working a treat and looks so simple, (uncluttered)...

Johnnie
Old 03-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #100
Thagua
Let's go adventuring...

Brake connections

Quote:
IMHO,,after looking at all my drawings,all of your pics,,i assert,that it will be far more difficult and costly to do the double line version,,,the dilemna is that the left line becomes the junction box... the bike i had was covered in mud,,,and hence i thought oh just unscrew the banjo bolt up there and then use a double banjo bolt and pop lines together at the junction box,,not so fast matey....after looking at the clearer pics and confirming the microficehe drawings i concluded it won't be quite as quick n easy..hence my alternative solution...it's not insurmountable to do the double line toute but why bother witht the hassle

i'll get galfer to make me up a few ,since we are working on a variety of other projects together...

c'mon guys,,ya gotta admit a double ended 850mm brake line will be a lot simpler,,,cheaper,,,and quicker to deal with...all ya have to do is remove /swap the oem lin efor the new one ,,just R&R the 2 banjo bolts,swap lines and bleed the system

now wasp-man you were thinking of routing em the front of the forks and over ????,,what would the advantage of that set up be...

OBTW,,Thaguas front fender won't interfere with the skid plate ,like that ''extended oem fender '' scenario you were telling me about,,it'll never come close to the skid plate:>)

'nuff said,,,thanks for the dimensions Thagua,,do ya want me to include it with your wheels which will be ready next week,,,rims should be back from anodizers on tuesday...unfortunately the 10 extra brake line brackets will be 3 weeks out...

vamonos
woody

PS,,thanks for all the pics wasp-man n Thagua
Can do it double with this connections ... very simple and only USD$60

Cheers,
Thagua
Old 03-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #101
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

fine tuning the clearance issues with 21 fenders/tire/frame

[On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 7:53 AM, WaspWorks.com <greg@waspworks.com> wrote:
Hi ya Woody.
During our skype yesterday I mentioned the current thread on the forums about the fender extenders getting caught up on bash plates and was eluding to my concern for clearance from the 21 wheel to the bash plate on the S10.
I have taken a couple of pics this evening that may go further to explain my worries.
I will get a tire fitted to the wheel as soon as it turns up (over the next couple of days) and we can then see how close it will actually come to hitting.
The bash-plate fitted to my bike is SW-Motech and just misses the bottom of the oil filter by about 2mm

Woody's Wheel Works to WaspWorks.com
s
we've just done some measuring ourselves

fyi..gotta have your reference points...ie the actual od of the 19''tire that's on there that gives ya the 20mm clearance you claim is available..'cuz that will hav ebearing on the numbers i'm giving you now

FYI we measured half dozen 21 tires for OD
90/90x21 D908 dunlop,,,=27.25''=69.2cm
80/90x21 knobbies circa 28.375''= 72.1cm
most all 19 110/80x19s = circa 26''= 66cm

regarding the bash-plate,,yep,,i agree it may be tight,,looking at the pic though i think ya can still modify it a bit to get a few more mm out of that area...a few hammer smacks in strategic places:>) LOL i've been known to kick in an oil filte ror two with no negative results...
woody

w

woody's wheel works screwed with this post 03-26-2012 at 05:08 PM
Old 03-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #102
Wasp
Supa10 pilot

Quote:
Hi ya Woody.
During our skype yesterday I mentioned the current thread on the forums about the fender extenders getting caught up on bash plates and was eluding to my concern for clearance from the 21 wheel to the bash plate on the S10.
I have taken a couple of pics this evening that may go further to explain my worries.
I will get a tire fitted to the wheel as soon as it turns up (over the next couple of days) and we can then see how close it will actually come to hitting.
The bash-plate fitted to my bike is SW-Motech and just misses the bottom of the oil filter by about 2mm

s

fyi..gotta have your reference points...ie the actual od of the 19''tire that's on there that gives ya the 20mm clearance you claim is available..'cuz that will hav ebearing on the numbers i'm giving you now

regarding the bash-plate,,yep,,i agree it may be tight,,looking at the pic though i think ya can still modify it a bit to get a few more mm out of that area...a few hammer smacks in strategic places:>) LOL i've been known to kick in an oil filte ror two with no negative results...
woody

w

Jesus Woody - I'll teach you how to post pics when we Skype next

Greg.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:00 PM   #103
Thagua
Let's go adventuring...

Fender extenders

Quote:
Hi ya Woody.

s

woody

w
Have my fenders with extenders incorporated when duplicating in fiberglass ... when raised 30 mm to accept the 21" wheel will not affect the bash plate which is a Krauser (SW Motech) modified for the OEM crashbars ...

Cheers,
Thagua
Old 03-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #104
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp View Post

Jesus Woody - I'll teach you how to post pics when we Skype next

Greg.
i tried to learn the other day

see what ya get when ya leave me to my own devices???
woodster
Old 03-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #105
Thagua
Let's go adventuring...

Ready

Quote:
i tried to learn the other day

see what ya get when ya leave me to my own devices???
woodster
Hi Woody ... use Photobucket ..
I am ready to start the conversion to independent front brake lines ... big task ... will have to remove the whole front to gain access to the manifold ... any idea Wasp how to do it ? ... thanks

Cheers,
Thagua