Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 348 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #3466
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
Yeah the PZIV-S requires a slower play stile. Its defintly not a in your face tank. Really its only bad thing is the lack of speed .
I agree, but it excels at sitting back and tracking larger tanks so your heavies can pound em.

I got into a face fight with a KV-1s I would back off, shoot him in the commander cupola, get right back against him, reload, repeat. I won!
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #3467
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,632
My Churchill crew started on their 3rd perk this week. Gawd I play that thing a lot.
Smithy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #3468
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,099
Anyone know if it is possible to get an IS-7 Loader (Radio Operator) crew into the Churchill's Radio Operator crew slot?

The crew layout of the IS-7 is retarded, and I can't figure out how to train the IS-7 loader+radioman (I don't own the tank yet).
Old 11-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #3469
timk519
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,286
Yah!

Old 11-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #3470
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeuner View Post
Anyone know if it is possible to get an IS-7 Loader (Radio Operator) crew into the Churchill's Radio Operator crew slot?
The crew layout of the IS-7 is retarded, and I can't figure out how to train the IS-7 loader+radioman (I don't own the tank yet).
I alternate using one of the two loaders on my IS-7 on my Churchill, then use the Radioman from my KV-1S on the Churchill.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #3471
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,308
so I'm sitting in my IS3 minding my own business behind a building when I get blasted. HARD. An AMX5of155 was right around the corner and never showed up on my radar until he blew me up.
Not sure how that happens. But I am sure I don't like it.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:36 AM   #3472
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,202
My wife and dog had to come in and check on me last night I was laughing so hard...

I was chassing a light tank at the airfield with my T-49 I think (turret USA TD) and he just dissapeared after going through a bush, my idiocy followed him right off the cliff and sumo flopped on top of him killing us both.
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:05 AM   #3473
vwboomer
Buffoon

what possesses people to shoot their own team mates? Himmelsdorf or whatever it is and I get shot from behind in my T34 by an M18. Sometimes I shoot people because my mouse pad is wonky, but I appologize so I give him the benefit of the doubt. nothing. Then he comes up to me and is grinding into me. So I blast him for 80%

of course he runs around shooting me but I ended up smacking the shit out of him. then he screams about TK.
fucking assholes. An M26 saw him shoot me initially and said it was revenge, but it still pisses me off
Old 12-01-2012, 09:10 AM   #3474
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,632
Someone shot me in the ass in my E75, so I bulldozed them off a cliff. I don't think I got a kill credit for it, but it got the job done.
Smithy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #3475
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,914
got to love doing that.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #3476
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
what possesses people to shoot their own team mates? Himmelsdorf or whatever it is and I get shot from behind in my T34 by an M18. Sometimes I shoot people because my mouse pad is wonky, but I appologize so I give him the benefit of the doubt. nothing. Then he comes up to me and is grinding into me. So I blast him for 80%

of course he runs around shooting me but I ended up smacking the shit out of him. then he screams about TK.
fucking assholes. An M26 saw him shoot me initially and said it was revenge, but it still pisses me off
I don't know your play style, so this isn't meant to be insulting to you, but if a high tier is sitting uselessly somewhere, or in the T34's example took the long, slow route up the hill (normal battle) instead of using their tank effectively (or... even worse, took the route up the hill, cleared it and didn't get the hell off of it), that makes some guys mad. Understandably so.

With the new 'bonuses' offered I found myself shot two days ago when I was capping alone. Some T29 on my team had 5 kills (which was surprising for his stats), and there was a 20k bonus for Top Gun awards.

That's all fine and good, but I pushed my own route to their flag, had kills of my own and was very close to earning the Invader award. Now if the enemies were anywhere near this T29 I guess I would have thought about it, but they seriously couldn't have been farther the last time I saw them (actually, no one saw one of the two tanks left the entire battle), and I deserved the meager points and award I was earning as it was.

Well, his platoon mate (another of my team mates) in a KV-3 shoots me to try to stop the cap. Thank you, War Gaming, for at least fixing that your own teammates cannot stop your cap by shooting you (they used to be able to do it). I got my Invader award.

People shoot others for different reasons. I have shot at useless players, I have shot at players who had bad intentions to me or a teammate, and back when I realized just how useless Lee drivers usually were I'd shoot a teammate immediately at spawn, and kill him, just so my team wasn't influenced by a Lee being anywhere on the map and them thinking he would be useful ( I have never, ever lost a battle where I killed a teammate who was in a Lee tank at the beginning - but don't try it now, the penalty and chance to go blue is much higher now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Someone shot me in the ass in my E75, so I bulldozed them off a cliff. I don't think I got a kill credit for it, but it got the job done.
I wonder if they could incorporate an 'Intention' key we could hit to signify that we were going to attempt to push someone to their demise? If hitting it, and an enemy we pushed died by falling/drowning in 12 seconds after said push, we would be awarded points. Maybe you would only get to push 'intention' twice in a battle.
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #3477
vwboomer
Buffoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I don't know your play style, so this isn't meant to be insulting to you, but if a high tier is sitting uselessly somewhere, or in the T34's example took the long, slow route up the hill (normal battle) instead of using their tank effectively (or... even worse, took the route up the hill, cleared it and didn't get the hell off of it), that makes some guys mad. Understandably so..

the shot I took was driving down the hill from the spawn site.

I too have shot people who deserved it. particularily assholes barking orders. easy to slap em a bit with arty when they are in battle
People calling other people noobs also piss me off. especially when the person saying it is already dead.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #3478
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,353
When I'm in my SU-26 and I'm 1/2 way across the map and camper still sitting behind base. I type 3 in-game chat warnings before I shoot a player on my team.

"Move out XXX or I'll shoot u myself"

"Move out XXX or I'm going to shoot u myself"

"Last warning, move out, camper XXX or u get shot"

Report XXX as bot/idle and fire away.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #3479
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,914
had a great game in the E-75 tonight.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #3480
vwboomer
Buffoon

finally hooked up the mouse to the laptop. damn huge difference between that and the mousepad.
with the mouse pad, when driving i would have to lift off the gas, move the turret then keep driving. weird.
turns out now i kin do both. and zooming in is way faster.

(still gonna suck though)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: