Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

Victory!
Battle: Malinovka Monday, December 24, 2012 1:37:22 PM
Vehicle: TOG II*
Experience received: 1,869
Credits received: 64,869
Battle Achievements: Patrol Duty, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

How did you get a Patrol Duty badge with a TOG????? That boggles my mind more than the experience and credits!
Big Bird 928 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #3992
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
How did you get a Patrol Duty badge with a TOG????? That boggles my mind more than the experience and credits!
And that wasn't even 5x, or any kind of bonus.

The map was Malinovka, standard battle, we were on the west side. Half the team when high to the hill, the other sat back camping bushes, I rode down to the trench and poked the turret over the fence behind a bush - and with binoculars and camo, enemies kept showing themselves to me, with none of the rest of the team to see them. I'd take a few shots, quiet down, take a few more shots, quiet down, then we charged at the end... actually, I plodded, and about the time I crossed the field, 2-3 others caught up with me and we killed the last 2 at their base.

And that is how you play a TOG for points.
Smithy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #3993
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
And that wasn't even 5x, or any kind of bonus.

The map was Malinovka, standard battle, we were on the west side. Half the team when high to the hill, the other sat back camping bushes, I rode down to the trench and poked the turret over the fence behind a bush - and with binoculars and camo, enemies kept showing themselves to me, with none of the rest of the team to see them. I'd take a few shots, quiet down, take a few more shots, quiet down, then we charged at the end... actually, I plodded, and about the time I crossed the field, 2-3 others caught up with me and we killed the last 2 at their base.

And that is how you play a TOG for points.

Where the hell is the "Like" button? I'd be bashing that thing for all it is worth!
Old 12-24-2012, 03:56 PM   #3994
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,972
Quote:
First time out with the shiny new tank. :)

Atleast this one was not a smoking wreck the first time out.
Congrats, man - that IS-6 has been looking like a nice tough premium, and you obviously have clicked with its style

Smithy, that's awesome the TOG is working out for you as well
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #3995
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,263
Darn it.. I hate when the day's x5's reset and you haven't gotten half of them in.

I better get started on this set of x5's so I don't have the same problem tomorrow evening.

First round with the 25/2 I finished first place.. over 1000 damage... on the losing team
Matchmaker is kicking m'arse today. All of my teammates seem to be coming up lemmings.

I'll be in TS if anyone feels like playing
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:13 PM   #3996
Geek
oot & aboot

If I buy a tank on sale for 800,000 say - regular price 1.2 million

after the sale is over, if I sell the tank do I get 1.2 million?
Old 12-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #3997
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Congrats, man - that IS-6 has been looking like a nice tough premium, and you obviously have clicked with its style

The IS-6 definately has it's weak points, if anyone wants to do some training room after the new tanks are bought I will be willing.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #3998
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post

are you hating one of your tanks already?
Old 12-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #3999
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:

Tanks sell for half of the price they are for sale for in the store. So if you sold now you'd get half of 800k I believe, but if you sell later you will get 600k for the base tank.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:19 PM   #4000
Geek
oot & aboot

Quote:
are you hating one of your tanks already?
I'm just thinking for the future...

Buy tanks on sale (the expensive ones so the profit is worthwhile) and then sell them after the sale (if I already have them unlocked).
I'm getting to where I have way too many tanks to play...
Old 12-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #4001
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I'm just thinking for the future...

Buy tanks on sale (the expensive ones so the profit is worthwhile) and then sell them after the sale (if I already have them unlocked).
I'm getting to where I have way too many tanks to play...
1st problem is your garage is to small, 2nd is that you feel you have to play every tank every day...

I feel you.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #4002
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,741
Exactly... I have a half dozen tanks I run regularly, my best-paying ones, and then dabble in the others as I can, or as a platoon needs them.
Smithy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #4003
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Likewise, and it was time to dabble in the secondary account for the first time during this x5 event. Geek / Ed helped me out by platooning with me. On the other hand, I'm not quite sure I helped him much at all... except for one battle where I died early and he went on to shoot myriads of enemies in his Super Pershing. He was the biggest tank we had (a medium tier 8, lol), while they had a tier 9 Patton, a Lowe, a Panther II and at least one other tank, but Ed eventually won it for the team. How did I help there? I died early and helped make it an almost-loss for him to save the day.

Just a FYI, if the "Ace" tanker Mastery badge is based on the last two-week's best game-playing of each tank, the bar for the Hellcat must be pretty low right now. This was a relatively easy battle to earn the Ace award IMHO (so get in yours and go earn yourself one now):

Thanks Geek; it may have been that extra award we both earned that threw me over the limit for Ace.

And I hit... or would have hit... my 10k XP in one battle goal (for each x5 event) had I had premium. I introduced Geek to the dark side of the force when I platooned with the KV-5.

I wish the "M" for the Ace/Mastery badge in our stats pages had a little number beside them to show how many times we would have won Ace with each tank. At this many XP for a battle, and with two awards there, this could have been enough to win an Ace mastery award if I hadn't already earned one... and I'd like to see when I do well enough to have been ranked in the current top 2% of players with any given tank. I'm sure many would like that stat to show on their account too.

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 12-24-2012 at 07:34 PM
Old 12-24-2012, 08:35 PM   #4004
Geek
oot & aboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
He was the biggest tank we had (a medium tier 8, lol), while they had a tier 9 Patton, a Lowe, a Panther II and at least one other tank, but Ed eventually won it for the team. How did I help there?
You won that battle for us by calling out the JdPanther on my left while I was focused on the Tiger 2 in front of me
Rotated, killed the JP, rotated back and killed the Tiger 2.

I can't believe how easy it was to kill that Tier 9 Patton. I guess a 43% player is a 43% player even if he is in a Tier 9

Sorry I wasn't in the best of moods Dave (holiday related stress).. I always enjoy playing with you Dave; you've taught me so much!

Geek screwed with this post 12-24-2012 at 09:27 PM
Old 12-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #4005
Geek
oot & aboot

Merry Christmas indeed

I finally tried that IS I bought on sale for the first time (Tier 7 Russian Heavy).
Don't like it. Truth be known.. I just find it really ugly too

Looked at my freeXP (almost 200,000 thanks to all the times 5 grinding) and decided that instead of spending gold on an IS-6... I had enough to unlock the IS-3

...a few rounds grinding with Dave and I now have the big gun for it (which cost me 80,000 free xp thanks to a miss click I looked at the chart and thought it was beside the 19,000 research gun.. clicked it and then realized it came from the 17,000 research gun.. then had to buy research it.. another 44,000. Wow crap gets expensive in Tier 8 and above They really need an "undo" button in the research tree ).

So I now have a Tier 8 heavy and a Tier 8 medium.
It is amazing how much more effective the unlocked Tier 8's are than the gold Tier 8's.
That said.. I make sooooo much more money with the gold tanks.

...and since it is Christmas Eve.. I bought the tank an appropriate emblem

The garage is pretty full right now (about 25 tanks).
I need to stop shopping and start learning to play what I have.

Geek screwed with this post 12-24-2012 at 09:26 PM

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: