Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 248 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #5266
frecks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
I missed the entire weekend and the last two days, after someone bullied me into trying Minecraft for a bit. That shit is crack, and I need my tank fix. I'll be on tonight, around 9pm eastern.
Haha Minecraft is awesome. It's like Legos for big kids. I actually set up a teamspeak server and a Minecraft server on my computer so that I can play Minecraft with the girlfriend. I figure that keeping her involved in computer games increases my ability to play them for extended periods of time without making her hate them.
frecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #5267
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barike View Post
But it makes me feel like a bit of a loser being that I didn't help that much...
No doubt, you got hung out to dry in that match. Our "team" wasn't all there. Or there at all. But even after that, ya kept feeding us info, enough so to stage a comeback.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #5268
frecks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeuner View Post
No doubt, you got hung out to dry in that match. Our "team" wasn't all there. Or there at all. But even after that, ya kept feeding us info, enough so to stage a comeback.
Don't underestimate how valuable that extra info can be. Honestly, the info that a dead platoon mate gives can often be just as (if not more) valuable than if they had stayed alive.
frecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #5269
timk519
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by frecks View Post
Don't underestimate how valuable that extra info can be. Honestly, the info that a dead platoon mate gives can often be just as (if not more) valuable than if they had stayed alive.
I've often been saved by 'ghosts' telling me about a bad guy that's shown up while my attention was elsewhere.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #5270
KtmPedro220
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Is it worth having a look? Don't mean to.sound rude but was just wondering how good and how easy it is to pick up?
KtmPedro220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #5271
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,100
It's a free game. Create an account and try it. Let us know what your user name is and we'll find you. Most of us still have Tier 1 tanks that we can use to platoon with you and show you the ropes.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #5272
KtmPedro220
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Cheers buddy. Will do then.
KtmPedro220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #5273
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,653
Dave - I just got one of your little "bombs" - 1 shotted an IS3 for 1500 damage

I only got 5 shots / 4 penns before the 3 arti nuked me... but still managed 3130 damage.

Hey.. .look who came in last on our team? The only Tier 9
In reality I like T95s. *They make my TOG look fast

(sorry.. Just pokin' fun/smack talkin' at you T95 owners )

Geek screwed with this post 02-06-2013 at 01:54 PM
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #5274
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by timk519 View Post
I've often been saved by 'ghosts' telling me about a bad guy that's shown up while my attention was elsewhere.
I've had that, too.

The most memeorable ghosts I had was when I was playing some insignificant tank, like a tier 3 or 6 I think it was (actually, this has happened in both). My team died. There I am roaming around, killing what I see and trying to not take the last hit that would kill me. Eventually I rack up 9 kills and win the game, but it took me a long time, and I thought everyone had gone on to other battles. Instead, toward the end I have a cheering section going for me that I didn't know was still with the game. I wrote back saying something like I was surprised they hung around that long to watch what should have been a sure loss. The response I got back was priceless, and while the exact wording is lost to time, it was something to the effect of "Hey buddy, this isn't just some game - this is TANKS (or WAR ... I forget what he wrote). That was early on and over a year ago now, but it left an impression with me, lol.

Likewise, I've hung around some games and helped players who showed promise but were lost to tactics or plans. Be it tank angling or route taking, or going for cap when they seemed hesistant... some players I'll help. most I leave to just make clueless mistakes as I really don't want to train all pubs to play better. I'd rather keep killing the clueless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Dave - I just got one of your little "bombs" - 1 shotted an IS3 for 1500 damage

I only got 4 penns before the 3 arti nuked me...
I love those things!

For a number of reasons, too, not least of which is how discouraging it is to some real player somewhere else. I used to have to use an opposite tactic back in Eve Online - I'd allow my shields or armor to go down a good amount to encourage a PvP enemy to stay with the fight, or even to bring (or not bring!) friends. Sometimes it was even not firing with all of my missiles/lasers/guns to allow them to think they were doing more damage to me than I could do to them. but then I'd turn it on and just ruin their day, lol.

"Oh yeah," my enemy would tell his friends over TS, "I got this, he'll be dead before you guys get here." That, or he wouldn't disengage too early to allow him to leave. Too bad the tanks are more finicky... I can't see doing that with tanks, but then each tanks armor amounts just don't alter or change. It's not like one Maus would ever be more lightly armored, or fail-fitted, than another. Ahh... the complexities of Eve... but I digress. Back to tank talk, eh?
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 02-06-2013 at 02:06 PM
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #5275
Geek
oot & aboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Ed, you're making me jealous. I'm still 15K xp away from the BL-10.
So far the BL10 has had a great impact on this tank. *I was running something like a 35% win ratio in it - now it is at 58%

Trivia Question:

How do you make 60,000 coins with a NON-premium tank in a DEFEAT?

Answer: ....do 5513 damage

damn the lemmings

Geek screwed with this post 02-06-2013 at 03:08 PM
Old 02-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #5276
Geek
oot & aboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I'd allow my shields or armor to go down a good amount to encourage a PvP enemy to stay with the fight, or even to bring (or not bring!) friends. Sometimes it was even not firing with all of my missiles/lasers/guns to allow them to think they were doing more damage to me than I could do to them. but then I'd turn it on and just ruin their day, lol.
That reminds me of a Tier X lesson I got schooled on.

I was one on one vs. another IS-7 around the edge of a building.
We were both doing the dance back and forth.. both of us within a shot of dieing.. neither of us wanting to expose ourselves to the killing blow but each trying to dance the other into shooting and missing.

We were both obviously panned back with the zoom mod watching eachother.

All of a sudden the other IS7 broke pattern, backed up about 10 meters, stopped dead, and started rotating his barrel away from me. "He's going to shoot at someone else!" I thought and I jumped at the chance.. sure enough the bugger had faked me out and as I rounded the corner his barrel got back just in the nick of time to nuke me.

TOTALLY suckered me - as I died I looked at the minimap and realized there was nobody else.

Won't fall for that again... next time I'll take the extra second and see whether he is really committing or trapping me
Old 02-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #5277
AKjeff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,859
I'm trying to get in the habit of using the mini map to check my six.
Too many times I'll forget an enemy tank is behind me and start trying to flank another enemy tank. Sometimes I feel like they do that to me intentionally.

AKjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #5278
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
That reminds me of a Tier X lesson I got schooled on.

I was one on one vs. another IS-7 around the edge of a building.
We were both doing the dance back and forth.. both of us within a shot of dieing.. neither of us wanting to expose ourselves to the killing blow but each trying to dance the other into shooting and missing.

We were both obviously panned back with the zoom mod watching eachother.

All of a sudden the other IS7 broke pattern, backed up about 10 meters, stopped dead, and started rotating his barrel away from me. "He's going to shoot at someone else!" I thought and I jumped at the chance.. sure enough the bugger had faked me out and as I rounded the corner his barrel got back just in the nick of time to nuke me.

TOTALLY suckered me - as I died I looked at the minimap and realized there was nobody else.

Won't fall for that again... next time I'll take the extra second and see whether he is really committing or trapping me
daaaaaaammmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnn... I'm gonna use that tactic!

Thanks!
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #5279
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,100
First battle with the big boomstick.....

I didn't get credit for the kill on the T21, but I did get it. You'll have to watch the replay to see how. Trust me, it's worth it.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #5280
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,181
lol, that is a good boomstick!
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: