ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 253 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #6811
mfp4073
Beastly Adventurer
 
mfp4073's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Central Florida
Oddometer: 2,024
all I am doing this weekend is dying.....again and again and again.....


edit....just did 21 shots at close/med distance contacted a T14 with an SU76...did MAYBE a total of 15% damage. He was moving, so it was from all angles and targeted turret, treads, body etc..... turns and kills me finally with 2 shots. FML
__________________
1974 BMW R90/6 Bettie #1, 04 Triumph Bonneville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Blank
loner, lonegunman, get it. That’s the whole point. I like the lifestyle, the image. Look a the way I dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoodsoil View Post
Cavemen must've designed them shortly after inventing the wheel.

mfp4073 screwed with this post 03-30-2013 at 01:48 PM
mfp4073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:45 PM   #6812
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon
 
Smithy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: 22310
Oddometer: 7,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp4073 View Post
What does it mean when I am usually in the lower half of the tonnage? Meaning I am usually the weaker than most of the other tanks on the field?
It means you need to dig out your old Kenny Rogers albums, and learn the lesson of knowing when to hold 'em, and when to fold 'em. As your last post suggests, there are just some pairings that a heads-up engagement will always kill you. Part of the game is to learn which tanks these are, which can be engaged from alternate positions (behind, above, etc.) and which just need to be avoided altogether, while you perform a different role (scout, cap, harass artillery) instead of trying to shoot it out with something you can't kill.

There are quite a few of us willing to spend time in training rooms with folks trying to learn these lessons.
__________________
Consultant, Geospatial Science at Viking Geographic LLC Always Exploring
Proprietor of The Tidewater Forge Hot iron is my passion. Fire is my mistress. Let's dance.
35 Years of Scouting Blog for Bushcrafting and Boy Scouting experiences.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #6813
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer
 
Mambo Dave's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
Oddometer: 4,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
It means you need to dig out your old Kenny Rogers albums, and learn the lesson of knowing when to hold 'em, and when to fold 'em. .....

My dad had Kenny Rogers and Alabama albums that we'd always listen to back in the day. Ahhh - memories...
__________________
"After reading through this thread I've come to the conclusion
that more people cruise the internet looking for reasons why
X bike won't work in Y scenario rather than actually riding
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #6814
Geek
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: 8000ft, Twin Spruce Gap, Colorado
Oddometer: 29,666
...and somewhere in the darkness,
Dave's kill ratio broke even.
he shut off his computer..
...and faded off to sleep.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:56 PM   #6815
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer
 
Mambo Dave's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
Oddometer: 4,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
...and somewhere in the darkness,
Dave's kill ratio broke even.
he shut off his computer..
...and faded off to sleep.
Classic; witty; pertinent.

Well written, sir.


__________________
"After reading through this thread I've come to the conclusion
that more people cruise the internet looking for reasons why
X bike won't work in Y scenario rather than actually riding
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #6816
papalobster
With Gusto!
 
papalobster's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: FDL, WI
Oddometer: 12,587
I saw Kenny Rogers in concert
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:26 PM   #6817
mfp4073
Beastly Adventurer
 
mfp4073's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Central Florida
Oddometer: 2,024
I cant even seem to be on a winning side very much....50exp per game just sucks...
__________________
1974 BMW R90/6 Bettie #1, 04 Triumph Bonneville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Blank
loner, lonegunman, get it. That’s the whole point. I like the lifestyle, the image. Look a the way I dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoodsoil View Post
Cavemen must've designed them shortly after inventing the wheel.
mfp4073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #6818
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon
 
Smithy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: 22310
Oddometer: 7,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
I saw Kenny Rogers in concert
Got to meet him in person. Only because of the notice at work, though, you wouldn't recognize him for the facelift work he's had done. Geezuz, there oughtta be a law.

You remember his as this...



But seeing him in person as a shiny-skinned version of this?



__________________
Consultant, Geospatial Science at Viking Geographic LLC Always Exploring
Proprietor of The Tidewater Forge Hot iron is my passion. Fire is my mistress. Let's dance.
35 Years of Scouting Blog for Bushcrafting and Boy Scouting experiences.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #6819
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer
 
Mambo Dave's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
Oddometer: 4,292
Whatever Kenny wants is fine with me. If he wants to look like that to get younger chicks, he's earned it.
__________________
"After reading through this thread I've come to the conclusion
that more people cruise the internet looking for reasons why
X bike won't work in Y scenario rather than actually riding
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #6820
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer
 
SkidMarx's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Ortonville, MI
Oddometer: 1,580
So, I got TK'd tonight by this jackass.
http://worldoftanks.com/community/ac...IronHide77777/
I was in my KV-1S platooned with papalobster and his son. Jackass was in a SU-8. I didn't realize it was a TK untill later when I was looking for the SU that got me. Had to look at the replay to see what happened.
I was near the bottom of the stack so I was sniping and had managed 2 kills(FYYFF had 5 of the 8 at that point). The team was doing fine and someone was calling for our line to push. About 5 sec later, this dickhead TK's me and posts up a nice "take that pussy" in the chat.
I do believe he will be on my kill on sight list.
__________________
'90 XT350
'08 WR250R
GLDS
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:29 PM   #6821
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 2,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
So, I got TK'd tonight by this jackass.
http://worldoftanks.com/community/ac...IronHide77777/
I was in my KV-1S platooned with papalobster and his son. Jackass was in a SU-8. I didn't realize it was a TK untill later when I was looking for the SU that got me. Had to look at the replay to see what happened.
I was near the bottom of the stack so I was sniping and had managed 2 kills(FYYFF had 5 of the 8 at that point). The team was doing fine and someone was calling for our line to push. About 5 sec later, this dickhead TK's me and posts up a nice "take that pussy" in the chat.
I do believe he will be on my kill on sight list.
Yep, that is where he would go with me. I have absoloutly no problem giving people like that a "Hello Hunny Bunny" especially durring the easter season.

on himmelsdorf the other day we won the hill and I was on my way down the other side and a vk shot me 3 times going down the hill, so I stopped and turned my turret and one shotted him. I don't normally give a damn about the loss of credits for that stuff, but even less when I am making so many credits with that tank on an event...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Didn't take me long to sort out the derpapotomous tactic again.
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:32 PM   #6822
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon
 
Smithy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: 22310
Oddometer: 7,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
Yep, that is where he would go with me. I have absoloutly no problem giving people like that a "Hello Hunny Bunny" especially durring the easter season.

on himmelsdorf the other day we won the hill and I was on my way down the other side and a vk shot me 3 times going down the hill, so I stopped and turned my turret and one shotted him. I don't normally give a damn about the loss of credits for that stuff, but even less when I am making so many credits with that tank on an event...


Dickery: Yes.
Needless: No.

You're free to go.
__________________
Consultant, Geospatial Science at Viking Geographic LLC Always Exploring
Proprietor of The Tidewater Forge Hot iron is my passion. Fire is my mistress. Let's dance.
35 Years of Scouting Blog for Bushcrafting and Boy Scouting experiences.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:34 PM   #6823
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 2,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp4073 View Post
all I am doing this weekend is dying.....again and again and again.....


edit....just did 21 shots at close/med distance contacted a T14 with an SU76...did MAYBE a total of 15% damage. He was moving, so it was from all angles and targeted turret, treads, body etc..... turns and kills me finally with 2 shots. FML
maybe we need to go in a training room at some point to go over shot placement, this sounds like you are hitting the heavily armored locations rather than hitting the soft spots.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Didn't take me long to sort out the derpapotomous tactic again.
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:35 PM   #6824
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon
 
Smithy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: 22310
Oddometer: 7,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
So, I got TK'd tonight by this jackass.
http://worldoftanks.com/community/ac...IronHide77777/
I was in my KV-1S platooned with papalobster and his son. Jackass was in a SU-8. I didn't realize it was a TK untill later when I was looking for the SU that got me. Had to look at the replay to see what happened.
I was near the bottom of the stack so I was sniping and had managed 2 kills(FYYFF had 5 of the 8 at that point). The team was doing fine and someone was calling for our line to push. About 5 sec later, this dickhead TK's me and posts up a nice "take that pussy" in the chat.
I do believe he will be on my kill on sight list.

I wish there was a way to mark users like that, so when they showed up in battle, there'd be an icon associated with their name. I just don't have the energy to keep a list and have it handy outside the game client, but there are about a half dozen people I've wanted on it. I guess I'm fortunate not to run into too many of that sort, but your'e entirely justified at that point, as far as I'm concerned, to educate him in proper game manners at any time.
__________________
Consultant, Geospatial Science at Viking Geographic LLC Always Exploring
Proprietor of The Tidewater Forge Hot iron is my passion. Fire is my mistress. Let's dance.
35 Years of Scouting Blog for Bushcrafting and Boy Scouting experiences.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:37 PM   #6825
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 2,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Dickery: Yes.
Needless: No.

You're free to go.
Hey atleast you don't have to worry about people complaining to you as my clan leader anymore.

I have had 2 complaints in the last few weeks lodged, I just send the replay to my commander and he laughes at their stupidity. He has commented that atlest I only do it if they are hitting me first and doing damage.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Didn't take me long to sort out the derpapotomous tactic again.
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014