Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 524 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #6871
Ebein
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
TS was almost dead last night, lobster was on, but with almost 20 guys online, I'd have expected a few more checking in once in a while. Had a couple hours I would have liked to platoon with you guys.

I was on and off dealing with family easter stuff so I couldnt ignore the world with wot & headset so I mostly solo'd last night.
WoWP Grinding ( P40, LaGG-3, Bf109E, A6M2, Spitfire I ) : WOWS Alpha - 6th wave
Ebein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #6872
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Oddometer: 2,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
you know that he got that 20K credits, right?

No, he didn't. The player damaged only gets a portion of that, and usually not enough to cover the repair bill.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #6873
blackx70
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
No, he didn't. The player damaged only gets a portion of that, and usually not enough to cover the repair bill.
Yes, I am certain that it still cost him. He certainly did not make any $$.

Another one of my pet peeves. When you are leaving spawn and some joker, who is in a hurry bumps you, knocking off a couple of their HPs. You then get a repair bill because of it. I assume because I am heavier.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #6874
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 7,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
TS was almost dead last night, lobster was on, but with almost 20 guys online, I'd have expected a few more checking in once in a while. Had a couple hours I would have liked to platoon with you guys.
Use the in game chat voice schtuff and ring me up when you see me.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #6875
AKjeff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,068
I need to get TS up and running.
I've downloaded it and have the info from someone here... just a little gun shy of spending time on it after vent didn't work for me.

Has anybody else seen a paper airplane in-game?

AKjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #6876
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,791
For those of you with computers that do not like Teamspeak - if you have a smart phone you can get the teamspeak app on your phone and chat that way.

The only downside is you don't have a convenient PTT key on your computer keyboard; but I have a friend that plays this way (Tanks on his computer, Teamspeak on his android phone).

I've logged into Teamspeak with my iphone while camping at 9000 feet in the mountains just to say Hi
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #6877
AKjeff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,068
Shit!

I was doing great, then had to go take care of some things. When I came back I'm sucking.
I don't understand, I think I'm doing everything the same...
Maybe the better players are logging on now. I'll have to pay attention to the time of day, to see if it affects my wins and loss's.

AKjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:40 AM   #6878
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Oddometer: 2,427
I only played a few battles last night, but I actually inspired a T-50 to call me a "baddie" and ragequit after I tracked him twice (once with a ram, once with a shot) and then finished him off while I was running my M7 medium. I just love it when a 49%, Tier 5 player with 8500 battles calls me "baddie".
Old 04-02-2013, 07:03 AM   #6879
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 13,133
I've been running the 4502 P a bit more. I'm trying to learn the tactics to make it excel. It's fast enough (for a heavy) to get into trouble being aggressive, but the armor needs to be angled to bounce shells. The gun is ok, but nothing stellar. I had a couple 50k payouts last night.

My win rate is low on that because it took so long to figure out how to use it.

I was in Fishermans Bay/north in the T28 holding over the 1 line and being patient. (The T28 teaches patience) when the city folded and everyone is hollerin me to push (You noob, uninstall the game, you don't know how to play a td, yadda, yadda, yadda)!!!!!

It was time anyway as I only took one shot at a T20 so far. He poked out I shot and killed him and proceeded to steamroll to the cap, one shotting 5 more damaged tanks on the way and ended up with Reaper and Top Gun with a victory

87% win rate, 1517 efficiency for 8 battles.

I really should turn on battle recording.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:22 AM   #6880
Ebein
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
You should turn on recording papa, the files are small, the only pita is that you can no longer get the details from the replay files, you need to screen shot the good ones.

Had a good run last night 9-3 =).

Along with a 0 kill match in my T25AT that I did 5244 dmg in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADJaXDrzccU
WoWP Grinding ( P40, LaGG-3, Bf109E, A6M2, Spitfire I ) : WOWS Alpha - 6th wave
Ebein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:33 AM   #6881
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,161
For what little I played I had a good night. My efficiency suffered, and I barely won more than I lost, but of the battles I did win, one was a clan war against the land holders (UGKB):

(Note the all dead vs. one dead outcome)

So... we have some potential to earn gold there if we both decide to hold it and are able to hold it.

Then we went into mass-entry countdown battles where the clan leader, Plainfields, encouraged us to join up by hanging the 'carrot' of 500 Gold to the clan member who kills him (you have to be on the opposite team of course). My last clan was doing this as well, and the purpose is really multi-fold:

1. Encourage team play (Edit: team "Practice," not 'play' - it's meant to strengthen our awareness of teammates, and to get us used to each others' talents and play styles) amongst members
2. Encourage tier ten tank playing / teamwork (which, due to cost reasons, don't get played as much as they should be by many)
3. creates a fun atmosphere for many in the clan to join in, even if you weren't picked for clan wars that night
4. rewards could be earned from the clan's Gold reserves

Won 500 Gold for this single kill:

Another game - 14 What? clan members in a pub match:

and, it needs to be said...

5. ... and I saw this after I somehow managed to kill the clan leader even though I was only just playing my tank and position to the best of my ability - just like when the opposing team to a Sheriff gets all stupid and loses the game in their chase for the kill on the Sheriff, clan leaders unintentionally give they and their team a better chance at winning. I saw this in the next battle when, after I killed Plainfields and won the Gold, my platoon mates went all stupid in their medium tier tens, raced up and accomplished next to nothing in trying to kill him, and my IS-4 ended up near the top in what should have been a far more fair fight, and one in which my slow IS-4 should not have been at the top for scores (this was the battle that screenshot above was taken in). After this I doubted my platoon's ability to play sensible enough that I just ran tier 8's while they ran tier 9's and 10's.

----

Oh yeah, and I got to play that map that is only for tier 3's and below now - Province - albeit in a tier ten. It was really nice to get back to it after so long (it used to be open to all tiers, but the severe limitations of the map when each team found the safe places to sit and camp became apparent), but I also saw why I wouldn't want to play it much. The map is designed so well that, when all tanks are in position, both teams have fair and equal shots... so no team moves.

(Note: if you were born in 1992, as my target here was, you probably shouldn't be playing against us - we feel bad when picking on toddlers)
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 04-02-2013 at 12:03 PM Reason: Holy fuck. How did I go from being an English teacher to typing the word "are" for "our"? Does Alzheimers really set in thi
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #6882
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,161
Note: 6,880 vs. 6,931 replies - this thread is poised to take over the thrid most replied-to thread in the "Shiny Things" section within a few days. (Started by OConnor, Jan 2012)

Sadly, with a thread that I like a lot - "WTF is it with Chopper riders??!!" (Feb 2009) It's a respectable topic, but tanks are hard to stop once they gain momentum.

After which - we have a challenge. The next in line has over 17,000 replies (begun Nov 2007). Give this thread a few more winters where ADV'ers are holed-up and looking for something to do... and it may just happen.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:10 PM   #6883
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Note: 6,880 vs. 6,931 replies - this thread is poised to take over the thrid most replied-to thread in the "Shiny Things" section within a few days. (Started by OConnor, Jan 2012)

Sadly, with a thread that I like a lot - "WTF is it with Chopper riders??!!" (Feb 2009) It's a respectable topic, but tanks are hard to stop once they gain momentum.

After which - we have a challenge. The next in line has over 17,000 replies (begun Nov 2007). Give this thread a few more winters where ADV'ers are holed-up and looking for something to do... and it may just happen.
The chopper rider thread is a good one too, but the subject of that thread seem to go into hibernation whenever there is a cloud in the sky...
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #6884
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Mambo Dave screwed with this post Today at 11:03 AM Reason: Holy fuck. How did I go from being an English teacher to typing the word "are" for "our"? Does Alzheimers really set in this quickly

Old 04-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #6885
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

I got the BL-9 in my IS-3 last night, maybe I can play it in a platoon soon... I have lost all the rounds with the new gun by myself...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: