Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 529 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #8746
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafiki View Post
Let me know what you need...I have a few Hard drives laying around,and getting ready to upgrade my vid. card this week.

and may be doing the processor and motherboard if I ever get off my ass and clean the new one....lmao
It's a 4.5 year old laptop. And what I'd really like to do is ghost the drive, 'cause I have a ton of applications loaded, and I'm not sure I have the original disks for everything... but I also want Win7, so I may just have to start fresh anyway.

Saving for a tower, one of these days. Gotta pay some bills off first.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:56 AM   #8747
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
It's a 4.5 year old laptop. And what I'd really like to do is ghost the drive, 'cause I have a ton of applications loaded, and I'm not sure I have the original disks for everything... but I also want Win7, so I may just have to start fresh anyway.

There are quite a few free image programs out there that work real well. Don't have to buy symantic ghost.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:01 AM   #8748
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I watched that, and thought to myself,

Those guys are not saying anything...they are dead.

Remember the soviet thought on tanks....we always have more....quantity has a quality all of its own.

They are really not very good tanks in the terms of having the crews live. Look at their record over the years, Israel blew the newest soviet armor to hell with 30yr old Sherman tanks with a French gun mounted on it....all the way up to the Iraq war....soviet tanks tend to go boom when hit...they put the ammo in a real bad spot.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:04 AM   #8749
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
Today I heard an interesting theory on RU forums (allegedly from come community contributor folks there) as to what it might be: British line, ending with Chieftain prototypes, also having allegedly some light tanks… with 20pdrs. Odd, but I really hope it’s true

Link: http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/06/11/11-6-2013/
The one tank I would love to see....even if it is a gold tank is a super Sherman.....I really think it would fit in well with the game. Also to have Japanese and tanks from Italy would also be cool....they could have an "other countries" for tanks.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #8750
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Be patient, Ed......open beta is coming soon....
July 2.
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:44 AM   #8751
~DC~
An Internet Legend

Oddometer: 492
Quote:

I would initially follow through with cloning (Ghosting) the drive as is. If you can obtain a larger drive, apply that image then see if you can perform an in place upgrade to Win7. If that fails, you'll still have the original clone image to fall back to.

Assuming your new drive is large enough, you could also do a dual boot setup with Win7 as one choice and your existing OS as the other.
~DC~ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:06 AM   #8752
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Obj. 268 in da house.

It comes with a ton of HE, and not much AP, but the HE doesn't hit half as hard as the 704's gun did. I gotta sort this out.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #8753
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Oddometer: 2,429
Why would you use HE in the 268?? All AP, all the time..I might carry one or two HE in case I needed some splash damage, but no more.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #8754
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Quote:
Why would you use HE in the 268?? All AP, all the time..I might carry one or two HE in case I needed some splash damage, but no more.
I only got 3 battles in last night, and that was the default loadout. Beats me why. I adjusted it for the last battle but got ambushed quickly so I didn't get a chance to see marked improvement. Tonight, however, I shall grind.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #8755
Morgue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 318
Looks like WOTdb has updated to the 8.6 TechTree. Interesting for those of use that haven't gone onto the test server to see the changes.

http://www.wotdb.info/#country=usa
Morgue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #8756
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,384
Posted on June 12, 2013 by Silentstalker

- for now, different destructibility of objects (depending on whether they are hit by an AP or HE shell) is not planned
- in arty aim mode, the distance to target is measured as “the length of horizontal trajectory projection”
- apparently, there is an upcoming Russian law, that (under some circumstances) bans pro-gay propaganda (SS: at least that’s how I understood it, didn’t really bother with finding out more). In connection with that SerB states that it’s not their business to deal with clans, that have pro-gay names and tells players to sort this out with Support
- the conditions for roaming won’t be disclosed for now
- the repair speed of a tank doesn’t depend on the number of the crew, but on the average crew repair skill (SS: in other words, tanks with 4 crewmembers with 100 percent repair skill don’t repair faster than tanks with 5 crewmembers and 100 percent repair skill)
- armor thickness doesn’t directly affect the chance of crewmembers being knocked out by splash, only indirectly
- wheeled armored vehicles won’t be added in forseeable future
- no 4th equipment/consumable slot will be added
- FCM50t profitability apparently won’t increase (“Profit will increase when you start playing better. You are not buying automatic earnings, but a possibility to earn in a successful game.”)
- less played branches won’t get buffed apparently (SS: not sure with translation here, it can be interpreted in several ways)
- SerB doesn’t understand, why Storm made the fact that the TD’s have reduced XP coefficient public, according to him, XP- and credit-making issues are not made public in general.
- Q: “Dear SerB, a clan renamed itself to “Conscience of goddamn SerB”, will you report them?” A: “Why? That nick makes no sense anyway, I have no conscience.”
- Storm states that the increase of arty tier by 2 will somewhat compensate the increased XP gained by dealing damage with arties in 0.8.6
- more realistic ricochets (currently, the ricocheting shell can damage only the tank it ricocheted from) won’t happen anytime soon because the developers want to reduce the server load as much as possible
- SerB states that new maps are comfortable enough to play on all types of vehicles
- apparently, other less popular equipment, such as CO2 tanks and wet ammo rack will also be reworked like the spall liner was. The spall liner however was specifically reworked in connection with the artillery.
- gold shells in general won’t be removed
- it’s too early to talk about 112′s characteristícs, because it hasn’t been properly tested yet
- dynamic characteristics of the tank (affected by crew and equipment) will be implemented
- gun module damage won’t be disclosed
- detailed collision model (with armor thickness etc.) will be implemented into the hangar, internal modules location indicator in hangar won’t be implemented however, specific values about what distance the vehicle is spotted on also won’t be implemented
- it’s possible the E-100 turret was moved more than necessary (and historical), Storm will investigate
- current TD XP gain penalty does mean the TD crews level up slower
- apparently, Soviet T-24 medium tank will appear in the game as a regular vehicle, part of another Soviet branch

Link: http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/06/12/12-6-2013/
Big Bird 928 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #8757
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,337
Quote:
Tonight, however, I shall grind. (Obj 268)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
- TD’s have reduced XP coefficient
I saw this a few weeks ago and decided to reduce priority for my TDs till after the next patch.

Instead, I am passively grinding credits for the Batchat, T-54, and T95. I assume the next On Track event will be French, probably the heavy line. But just in case it turns out to be the Bat...
Old 06-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #8758
Dysco
Whackaducker

Oddometer: 16,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeuner View Post
I saw this a few weeks ago and decided to reduce priority for my TDs till after the next patch.

Instead, I am passively grinding credits for the Batchat, T-54, and T95. I assume the next On Track event will be French, probably the heavy line. But just in case it turns out to be the Bat...
I knew about the worse XP nerf on arty and still completed BIA... mostly because I like blowing tanks up.
Dysco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #8759
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Oddometer: 2,429
Ok, I'm going to throw this out there......

Tomorrow, squadrons go live on WarThunder. Is there any interest in forming one from this group? If there is, I'll pay the 2500 gold required to get it going and secure our name and tag.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #8760
Theaty Hannington
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,216
Quote:
Ok, I'm going to throw this out there......

Tomorrow, squadrons go live on WarThunder. Is there any interest in forming one from this group? If there is, I'll pay the 2500 gold required to get it going and secure our name and tag.
I haven't tried it yet, but I attempted to DL it last night. This being NorId, I was unable to DL it. I'll try it in two weeks when I get back from the Wasatch Range. Kings Peak here we come!

"Everyone who isn't playing your tank in that round knows how to play it better." - Morgue
Theaty Hannington is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: