User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 348 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #8836
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,845
High octane fuel will make the Super Pershing a couple of kph faster. Once you get 100% offroad driving and BIA in it, it is a lot less painful to play (i.e. because it handles noticeably quicker/better).

Hope this helps
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #8837
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
High octane fuel will make the Super Pershing a couple of kph faster. Once you get 100% offroad driving and BIA in it, it is a lot less painful to play (i.e. because it handles noticeably quicker/better).

Hope this helps
I'd have to keep it a hell of a long time to get BIA in addition to finishing the third perk/skill on the current crew.

I have offroad driving on my T34, believe it or not, but again, can't see doing it for the M46/M48 crew. If I had a specialized crew for the SP I'd do it, but ... probably not gonna do that either.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:44 AM   #8838
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I'd have to keep it a hell of a long time to get BIA in addition to finishing the third perk/skill on the current crew.
not really... you just have to play it more!

Seriously though I am shocked at how fast the perks go up at tier 8 and above. my replacement KV-1s crew is now above my IS-3 crew, and the IS-3 has one less person.
Big Bird 928 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:58 AM   #8839
Geek
oot & aboot

Running a few rounds while I wait for the hardware store top open if anyone wants to 'toon
Old 06-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #8840
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,203

Posted on by Silentstalker37 Comments ↓
Well, I think it’s no secret that 0.8.6 for RU server is coming this Tuesday. For EU it should be either Wednesday or Thursday (Thursday more likely).
- additional info about the “Israeli” IS-3: it was used as tractor basically, it had modified engine and transmission, using the parts from T-54/55 and new cooling systems, apparently it used the original gun too, therefore it is fit to be a premium vehicle
- the T-35 premium tank won’t have the historical crew (of 11 tankists), SerB thinks it’s not necessery
- SerB states that the developers don’t deal with fixed battles and they don’t care, how many “reputation” do such posts have (SS: to explain, apparently there is a scandal on RU server, that the “random” competition prizes were being split between prominent members of several clans, leading a lot of people to the conclusion that these clanners fixed battles in order to get their hands on the prizes. And yes, this happened on EU server too in the past, I remember one case where such “teams” were stripped of their winnings and banned)
- normalization doesn’t apply on track hits
- the shell trajectory after armor penetration is not influenced by normalisation (SS: IIRC, normalisation is just a number, the actual shell trajectory is not changed by it)
- normalisation is not applied twice, when the shell goes thru a spaced armor and the main armor after that
- SerB regarding the chance of new maps to drop: “Usually the higher chance for the new map to drop is turned on for one patch, because in the next patch another new map is introduced.”
- engine can catch on fire even if it doesn’t turn “yellow”
- it’s theoretically possible for the IS-4 to have only the D-25 gun, that would shoot the current gold ammo as silver shells, but so far it’s just SerB’s personal wish, he’ll check the vehicle out
- King Tiger speed buff: “when it’s done it’s done”
- When asked about the historicity of T-50 speed, SerB states that the 64km/h speed for the T-50 is possible, it was actually archieved during factory tests
- according to SerB, SU-100Y is doing fine on its tier
- in WoWp, training crewmembers to 100 percent costs 400 gold instead of WoT 200 gold. SerB states that there are no plans for now to rise the price for WoT crew training also
- no special ingame report function for griefing by “covering the enemy from allies” (SS: probably running into the line of fire of your teammates, preventing them from shooting) is planned
- SerB like farming on KV-5
- generally (in connection with the announced “free-to-win” principle), premium tanks won’t be buffed (premium tank players have the possibility to play on regular tanks)
- regarding account hijack prevention: it is not possible to make “save checkpoints” for accounts, SerB states that when the player account database is simply copied from regular server to test server, it’s a lengthy process, it’s impossible to make such copies every day, local copy of your account data on client computers is not an option
- the bug with T29 antennae (SS: when zoomed to a certain extent towards the top turret, the camera tends to jerk to a side) will be fixed with the introduction of client physics
- the Ferdinand bolted 100mm armor plate doesn’t work as spaced armor, because there is no space between the plate and the armor itself
- the possibility to add your own music to be played within the game is not planned
- linear crewmember skill training is also not planned for WoT
- T14 gun penetration apparently won’t be buffed, nor will the gun be replaced with (unhistorical) 105mm howitzer: “If you don’t like it, don’t play it”
- SerB believes the Maus is competitive in random battles
- no plans for close future to implement “code authenticator” á la Battle.net
- the statistics “what tanks destroyed my tank” most likely won’t be implemented
- along with the server-side replays, there will apparently be a possibility to analyze, on which spots was your vehicle hit in the battle
- Sturer Emil was not considered for tier 7 premium TD
- client physics will have very little influence on the game web traffic (ping)
- Superpershing will most likely be changed to the new model in 8.7
- the new improved spall liner bonus will affect the ramming damage also

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/06/16/16-6-2013/
Big Bird 928 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #8841
timk519
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,299
I haven't been too impressed with my T32 since I bought it - and then it goes and does something like this:

Old 06-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #8842
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by timk519 View Post
I haven't been too impressed with my T32 since I bought it - and then it goes and does something like this:

Nice!

I had a game earlier today with just under that same XP score for tier 8! And I got that same bonus for the "event"!

And the outcome:

their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 06-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #8843
timk519
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Nice!

I had a game earlier today with just under that same XP score for tier 8! And I got that same bonus for the "event"!

And the outcome:
Congrats!

Care to share some of that silver?
Old 06-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #8844
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Clans / Politics / Changes

Imagine this:

A clan that has 100 members (full capacity) goes down to 43 members within a week.

( http://worldoftanks.com/community/cl...order_by=-name
vs. , for example, ADV clan:
http://worldoftanks.com/community/cl...order_by=-name )

Just a short time ago able to field three clan-wars teams on most evenings, now down to who-knows-how-many AFK players, disheartened players, and the myriad of other viewpoints such an event brings.

Yeah, it's that time of year again - clan leadership crash & burning, then the decisions that have to be made. Does one stay, does one leave ... does one stick around to sort it all out, vote on future commanders, and give it a chance to rebuild?

If you haven't experienced this part of World of Tanks, or really any major MMO game, well then... relish in in your luck.

I've seen it in Eve Online (all it took there was for some leader to get a girlfriend, get married, or to have children), and I've seen it in WoT. Today and tonight, despite it being my one day off that I'd get once in about three weeks that I wanted to be about platooning and kicking ass... was a day of meetings, diplomacy, talks, and options.

I was trying to help Fission members, NUKED's sister / feeder clan, figure out what to do. Eventually they mostly voted to come over to NUKED, so then the dilemma was ... who was going to be the leader?

Talks in the clans themselves - amongst members - of the options went on for seemingly ever before we brought the two clans together for a vote of leadership.

Then, the vote based on active players (i.e. players who were online at the time) by creating two rooms for the people who volunteered to lead the new NUKED clan - we placed our vote for the future leadership by choosing the room to go into.

Leadership of any game clan I know of, if it be from dealing with any persons contacting you, to choosing members and laying rules, to learning how and when to attack / how to respond to attacks / how to be diplomatic takes far, far more time than most team members realize.

And it's for this reason that I think you should all thank Smithy for what he does even if ADV isn't doing clan wars. And I want you to think about this - what if he ever decided "you know what - enough is enough... let someone else worry about the headaches and diplomacy" ? The tumult and follow-up actions are wearisome just to think about (especially after just having gone through it again).

So, first, thank your clan's leadership for bringing you to, and keeping you at, this point - whatever it may be (and sometimes it's far more about the atmosphere than it is about how deep into any given game a clan decides to take it).

Second... shit,.,, I'm drunk... and I had a great (& even better) second point, but I forgot it. So much for this speech
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 06-16-2013 at 08:27 PM
Old 06-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #8845
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,638
Quote:
So, first, thank your clan's leadership for bringing you to, and keeping you at, this point - whatever it may be (and sometimes it's far more about the atmosphere than it is about how deep into any given game a clan decides to take it).

Second... shit,.,, I'm drunk... and I had a great (& even better) second point, but I forgot it. So much for this speech

You nailed it, I think for this group it's not about Clan Wars at all, or even basic competitiveness, but about the vibe. Bringing the group together. Having people you know are mellow enough to get along with easy, who will have fun trying to play the game well without taking themselves too seriously... that's a tight wire.

Though, I would like to see more company battles on Friday/Saturday nights. But I'm happy with a good platoon where I can either contribute something or learn something while having fun doing it.

Good luck with that NUKED bullshit.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #8846
Geek
oot & aboot

Enjoyed playing with your this morning Chris... even though I nearly shat my pants when you sneezed

Old 06-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #8847
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,638
At least you look like you got the window of your adventuremobile done right, state of said pants notwithstanding.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #8848
mfp4073
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,092
Had a great game tonight. Thought I would share. we were getting our asses beat. Down to me in a t40 TD, a KV1 with 9% health and 2 artys vs 9 of the enemy team including a full health KV1. We made the call to pull back, set up in concealment and wait. Real good communication between our team. Got in good positions/cross covering. And they came in. One at a time. Picked them off Boom, Boom, Boom. Every one came in, including artys. Lost the KV and one arty bought it as a stug came in. Cleaned house.

lessons

Patience
Teamwork
Plan
and luck!
1974 BMW R90/6 Bettie #1, 04 Triumph Bonneville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Blank
loner, lonegunman, get it. That’s the whole point. I like the lifestyle, the image. Look a the way I dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoodsoil View Post
Cavemen must've designed them shortly after inventing the wheel.
mfp4073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:54 AM   #8849
timk519
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp4073 View Post
Had a great game tonight. Thought I would share. we were getting our asses beat. Down to me in a t40 TD, a KV1 with 9% health and 2 artys vs 9 of the enemy team including a full health KV1. We made the call to pull back, set up in concealment and wait. Real good communication between our team. Got in good positions/cross covering. And they came in. One at a time. Picked them off Boom, Boom, Boom. Every one came in, including artys. Lost the KV and one arty bought it as a stug came in. Cleaned house.

lessons

Patience
Teamwork
Plan
and luck!
and when your team is up 9 to 4, charge them!
Old 06-17-2013, 06:15 AM   #8850
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,670
Thanks Smithy. There, that's done.

it's funny, I'm fairly conservative when I play alone, but when I platoon i do stupid shit, play aggressive and generlly die quickly. I have fun no matter what. If I didn't, I wouldn't play. I don't think I could handle the politics of a actual clan war fighting clan. If'n I can't slap a team leader for being stoopit, then I don't wanna be part of the team

I'd like more company battles on the weekends as well, but with summer upon us, I tend to gravitate to the outdoors on the weekends. For instance, this coming weekend will be drunk and sunburnt in sunny south Florida, the following weekend off to WV on the bike, the weekend after that a secluded cabin the WI northwoods.

So, if you see me logged and I'm on TS, I'm up for platooning (but don't expect much), but if I'm just logged in to WoT, then I'm just doing a battle or 2.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: