Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 529 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #10861
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
It is a Mountain Mods case (google it to see what they offer - all kinds of custom configurations).

With this setup the Samsung 840 256gig SSD screams - from post to windows 8 desktop in under 4 seconds on the clean install

i7 4770k cpu (socket 1150 haswell)
16 gigs gskill (two 8s so he can add two more tany time)
GTX 760 card
samsung 840 ssd OS drive 256gig.
two barracuda 1TB's raided as a data drive.
1000watt psu so he can go SLI later.

etc... he's going to have a hoot with this thing.

I've been wanting to put together a mountainmods setup for myself for a couple of years now and ever got around to it. I appreciate Casey ordering one of their cases so I could see what it was like first hand.

I think I'll build myself one something like this:

When in Teamspeak - Casey is the person standing on the right side of the photo in my avatar
.mobile
Big Bird 928 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #10862
we3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 441
We were talking about how easy it would be for them to implement a mission counter in game
IE: The count you you need to go for your 30 kills

Form the dev blog today:

Quote:
- mission interface (SS: “XXXX kills left to complete mission” for example) within the game will come in 8.8
No more Mk 1 Mod 0 pencil and paper beside the keyboard!

....I miss America
we3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #10863
Dysco
Whackaducker

Oddometer: 16,013
I haven't had the chance to play to 30 kills lately with only 10 matches in 7 days, but I'm still holding strong at 64% in my Jackson after 135 rounds. It's my can't-lose tank lately.
Dysco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #10864
Theaty Hannington
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysco View Post
I haven't had the chance to play to 30 kills lately with only 10 matches in 7 days, but I'm still holding strong at 64% in my Jackson after 135 rounds. It's my can't-lose tank lately.
Jackson is so great. So great. It keeps me out of trouble, unlike the infernal feline. And the armor is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
It is a Mountain Mods case.

I think I'll build myself one something like this:

When in Teamspeak - Casey is the person standing on the right side of the photo in my avatar
.mobile
Hubba hubba!

"Everyone who isn't playing your tank in that round knows how to play it better." - Morgue
Theaty Hannington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:23 AM   #10865
Theaty Hannington
Beastly Adventurer

That is now three tier 8s I have gotten on the On the Tracks events.

T32 - Which I adore.

T69 - Might get better?

AMX 13 90. Still haven't tried it. I will soon.

I have saved a ton of credits with those events.

"Everyone who isn't playing your tank in that round knows how to play it better." - Morgue
Old 08-14-2013, 05:16 AM   #10866
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Oddometer: 2,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theaty Hannington View Post
Jackson is so great. So great. It keeps me out of trouble, unlike the infernal feline.
Don't you be dissin' the 'Cat......

Quote:
T69 - Might get better?
T69 is best when run with a group...it's almost the perfect medium. You can get in on the flank, hit hard and then get away. Given the right situation (aka something to hide behind while you reload), you can take heavies down one on one with just a little smart driving. I'm more afraid of a 3 man T69 platoon than I ever was of a Type 59 platoon.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:49 AM   #10867
we3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 441
See I was just the opposite, the T69 was oatmeal - bordering on hate for the tank.
It was too tall, not enough armor, the 90 mediocre, not quite fast enough to flank - more like plod off to the side and drive well enough that no one pays attention to you.
I sold it two times before the third try which I finally earned enough exp to GTFO if it.
(Thanks to trying the T57 on test or I'd have never thought of giving it another go)

ALTHOUGH - I never once platooned with it "for real" I may have pulled it out once or twice with people here, but never like I do with TD's or other favorite mediums, so it may truly be a different animal when played that way
(Something I do with 13/75and 13/90 and IS the cats' ass)

I loaded gold on the 69, held my breath, pushed the GO button and prayed it was over soon.

The T54E1 - love it and I have only had it for two day.
Go figure - same 90 gun as the 69 (no 105 yet) - is it a mental issue? It's not the 69 so IT MUST be better?????

....I miss America
we3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:05 AM   #10868
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Oddometer: 2,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by we3 View Post
Go figure - same 90 gun as the 69 (no 105 yet) - is it a mental issue? It's not the 69 so IT MUST be better?????
I suspect that it is a mental issue.....of course, I never played the 69 without the 90mm. I find that it penetrates fine, but you have to place your shots more carefully against higher tier tanks, and sometimes, all you can do is track them and hope for help. That's why I try to never run the T69 "alone". When I'm solo pubbing in it, I always pick somebody else on my team to run with, even if they don't know I'm running with them.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #10869
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,166
I've only ever run my T69 in pub matches - and without a platoon. I find it a very capable tank, but maybe I'm just getting lucky.

I have to admit that unless the odds are in my favor (i.e. I'm one of the few top-tier tanks on the team), I run gold rounds pretty damned often in both the T69 and the 50 100.

That said, I have more games in the 50 100, and it's the only tier 8 I've kileld more than one tier 10 tank in (in one game) other than the T34 premium.

Despite me knowing better, I have to admit to being lucky in the T69 in my romps out and nearly alone. There is no doubt it could get penned easily.

Thus far I've run it with the top gun and top radio, but may just skip the top motor and better tracks since I don't need them. not having the top motor and tracks limits my stupidity to NOT get to fighting places too early compared to the team, lol, and thus far it's workign for me.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:12 AM   #10870
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,385
I plan on putting my E1 crew back in a T-69 when I get the T57 researched. The gun is amazing when running gold rounds in it. T28 in town? Pen his front at will. it is fairly agile, and can assassinate half health heavies that are by them selves. If you platoon them together, Stagger fire is what you should learn. with 3 t69's you can keep most anything from advancing that way.
Big Bird 928 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #10871
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,337
On Track to Fascist Box Tank Light

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/17/on-track-leopard-1/
Old 08-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #10872
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
I plan on putting my E1 crew back in a T-69 when I get the T57 researched. The gun is amazing when running gold rounds in it. T28 in town? Pen his front at will. it is fairly agile, and can assassinate half health heavies that are by them selves. If you platoon them together, Stagger fire is what you should learn. with 3 t69's you can keep most anything from advancing that way.

I'd love to run mine with you guys some day.

Anymore, though, the main time I have is at the same time for the clan nightly meeting, then choosing for clan wars.

I am earning Gold for being there, and it seems I can earn enough Gold to pay for my premum account most months... so it sorta makes it worth it, even though it is a grind in and of itself.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #10873
Theaty Hannington
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by we3 View Post
See I was just the opposite, the T69 was oatmeal - bordering on hate for the tank.
It was too tall, not enough armor, the 90 mediocre, not quite fast enough to flank - more like plod off to the side and drive well enough that no one pays attention to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Don't you be dissin' the 'Cat......

T69 is best when run with a group...it's almost the perfect medium. You can get in on the flank, hit hard and then get away. Given the right situation (aka something to hide behind while you reload), you can take heavies down one on one with just a little smart driving. I'm more afraid of a 3 man T69 platoon than I ever was of a Type 59 platoon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I've only ever run my T69 in pub matches - and without a platoon. I find it a very capable tank, but maybe I'm just getting lucky.

I have to admit that unless the odds are in my favor (i.e. I'm one of the few top-tier tanks on the team), I run gold rounds pretty damned often in both the T69 and the 50 100.

That said, I have more games in the 50 100, and it's the only tier 8 I've kileld more than one tier 10 tank in (in one game) other than the T34 premium.

Despite me knowing better, I have to admit to being lucky in the T69 in my romps out and nearly alone. There is no doubt it could get penned easily.

Thus far I've run it with the top gun and top radio, but may just skip the top motor and better tracks since I don't need them. not having the top motor and tracks limits my stupidity to NOT get to fighting places too early compared to the team, lol, and thus far it's workign for me.
For me, the line just keeps getting worse. The T21 was astoundingly good: one of my favorites in the game so far by far. The T71 was effective but nowhere near as fun as the T21. The T69 is slow, fat, and not quite as effective as the T71 when solo. I grind solo so I tend to judge a tank on how well I can stick with random pubbies. That said, I've got a 59% win rate in it and above-average efficiency.

A platoon of three of any tank would be devestating. Seen the Pershing and Patton death squad videos on youtube?

I'm not dissing the cat, merely saying what Mambo Dave is saying: a slightly slower second line tank can really help when I'm feeling rambunctious. And since the Jackson has the same gun as the Hellcat, It's no less effective. I like my Hellcat quite a bit, just for me, I think the Jackson's a better tank.

I really do think that every tank is OP if a player is skilled and learns how to use it. Some have higher DPM, some have better per-shot damage, some can stay hidden for days, some can flank well, some brawl beautifully, some surprise with shots from above -- all tanks in the game are OP.

Old 08-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #10874
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,888
Quote:

A platoon of three of any tank would be devestating.

Unless they're TOG's.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #10875
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Unless they're TOG's.
Challenge accepted.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: