Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #16
ride4321
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,550
Sweet looking bike. I'm having a blast with my DR and my street bike is seeing less and less of me every day. I sort of feel guilty about ignoring the Tiger but the DR is too much fun. Sort of like that cute tomboy neighbor I had as a teen.

Don't you know there ain't no devil, it's just God when he's drunk.
Tom Waits
ride4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #17
PrimalScream
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
I do have the 39DS. My bad. Love it & agree that for the money, it's a great helmet.
PrimalScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #18
BeerIsGood

Oddometer: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911ryder View Post
I considered the klr650. If I had the opportunity to ride longer distances I would have gone that route but w/ the hours I work and 2 small kids at home that eat up most of my time I judged the klx250 to be the best deal. Plus w/ the dealer making room for '12 models I got a pretty good deal.
Have you had an opportunity to ride it at highway speed 55-60mph? Is there a lot of vibration?
Old 01-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #19
RedRockRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,198
Great bike, great value. Way to go out and have fun on your new bike. These 250 dual sports can really do almost anything -- 70+ mph on short bits of slab, lots of fun on twisty asphalt, awesome on dirt roads, and fine on single track. Congrats on a great choice! Enjoy!

Post up more pics when you get a chance.

RedRockRider - WR250R, TW200, Versys, Vulcan 900 LT, Zuma 125

Southwest Utah: Dual Sport Riding from St. George
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725976
RedRockRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #20
1911ryder OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerIsGood View Post
Have you had an opportunity to ride it at highway speed 55-60mph? Is there a lot of vibration?
Ive had it up to 70 w./ no problems. The vibration is much less than I would have expected for the 50/50 tires.
1911ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #21
zoodio
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
enjoy enjoy enjoy and welcome to the world of crazy
zoodio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #22
antipode
Wanderer

Oddometer: 515
Sweet ride mate, congratulations!

Come join us for a ride this Saturday, I can assure you better weather, it was 85 F today!
Old 01-31-2012, 05:13 PM   #23
mygs
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Another plus to buying a suitable bike at a lower cost is, you leave room to buy the gear that makes it that much more enjoyable. Nice bike, nice picture. Have fun. Ride safe!
mygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:29 PM   #24
rusted honda
n00b

Oddometer: 1
klx

I been wanting a new Kawasaki klx250 they are a great dual sport. Im riding a really nice 1977 honda xl350 and having alot of fun with it but i still wish for a klx
rusted honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:58 AM   #25
swimmonkey
JMS

Oddometer: 54
Congrats

1911ryder - I hope you enjoy your KLX as much as I have mine. I'm from the other end of the spectrum. I have been dual sporting since before it was ever thought about as dual sporting. I've had everything from 1200GSA to KLR 650. Did like my old KLX 650s. (I bought two of those!) I am now down to a few bikes. The two I ride the most are my F800GS for big touring and my KLX250s for everything else. I have put some stuff on the KLX like a rack and rotopax mounts for distance touring, bash plate, bark busters. One thing that I did that was a little extravagant but, I believe to be necessary was a Scott's Stabilizer. I replaced the stock bars with some higher rise narrow bars to accommodate the Scott's gear. It really helps on the highway and when loaded on the trail. The bike is great and like an old friend on the road. I put the stock exhaust back on because I just love the understated nature of the bike. Quiet yet very capable. I also ride around a lot of private ranches on on public land as well. Hikers particularly appreciate it when they get passed by a quiet machine.

Keep us all posted regarding your adventures. Enjoy!
swimmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:07 AM   #26
ABYSS
KTM

Oddometer: 1,198
a bit of thread jacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afry View Post
Nice looking bike!

Agree with the AFX-39 - I have one and love it plus it is budget friendly.
I fell compelled to say that when it comes to protecting my "Melon" the word "budget" is not a word that even enters my mind.

Back to on topic - Congrads on the bike, ride safe ATGATT! and enjoy.

ABYSS screwed with this post 02-19-2012 at 07:20 AM
ABYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #27
RSRennsport
Navigator

Oddometer: 64
Ride

Every ride can be an adventure.
You have a great bike and the spirit that goes alone with it.
That is all that really counts.
Enjoy your rides, short or long, pictures or none.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #28
VietHorse
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,139
So great and new bike. It seems have no a single dust... Not many chances to see a super clean dirt-bike!
VietHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:13 AM   #29
RSOJIM
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
I have a 2012 KLX250S

I bought a new KLX250S about 2 months ago. I have been riding about 40 years. After reading lots of reviews I decided the Kawasaki was for me. I have 600 miles on it now and have seen an indicated 81 mph. The last tank netted 66 mpg with a combination of fast slab and 40 miles of dirt two track. I lowered mine enough that I removed 1-3/4 inches from the kick stand. I put on a wal-mart atv seat cover. I made a little rack for the back and carry extra fuel, water, tools, food, jacket, etc. I changed out the handle bar grips to some of those large sponge type. Got rid of that strap on the seat. Opened up the carb pilot screw. I have not figured out how to post a picture here. I ride in central Florida on the wildlife management areas. I will be taking this one to western North Carolina and ride the Forest Service roads in the mountains. I have ridden the dragon and the cherohala on my other bike which is a 450 Honda and this one will be just fine there. This KLX250S has enough power to put a smile on this old mans face without all the engine mods I read about.

RSOJIM screwed with this post 02-07-2012 at 04:21 AM Reason: want to add more
RSOJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:39 AM   #30
inbred
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
Congratulations on your becoming a "250-guy". I remember hearing that some countries require a rider to own a 250 for a few years before they can move up to a bigger bike. Get a little experience on a mini-thumper and then move up to something beefier. Nice looking bike. I once bought a brand new Kawi KLX 650. For your sake, let's hope they've improved the company dual sport design team. The thing was HEAVY, underpowered with a suspension that was right out of the mid- eightees. It did look nice though. Anyway, here's to hoping that your new bike opens horizons for you.
inbred is offline   Reply With Quote