User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2014, 03:51 PM   #1
Florida Lime OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,217
Stolen Husqvarnas

If anyone sees any new Husqvarnas in South Florida selling for CHEAP, pm me or call 866-WMR-RACE please.

My local KTM/Husky dealer in Stuart Florida was broken into Monday night, and all of the new Husqvarnas in the showroom were stolen. The thieves were seen headed south from Martin county on I-95 in a stolen truck, but the Palm Beach county police would not continue the pursuit.
Same thing happened to another Stuart dealer several years ago when the Palm Beach police refused to pick up the chase at the county line.

Thanks in advance for any information.
'08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S -- Going, still for sale.
Florida Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:25 PM   #2
ineptizoid
I'm scared hold me

Oddometer: 5,446
Hmmm the thieves were in a stolen truck with a buncha stolen motorcycles, I'm guessin they weren't in an F-150 Raptor, doing triple digits tryin to get away. They musta been either in a box truck or pullin a trailer, and how fast could they have been going? Can't figure out why the cops woulda stopped the pursuit, or at least radioed ahead for the next county to pick up the chase.

Way back in The Twentieth Century I got chased by a local cop in an unmarked car, and that d00d did well over 100 chasin my ass down the interstate, then proceeded to chase me thru a neighborhood...he was driving like a madman in a residential area, drifting thru turns, with kids bicycling down the street, walking on the sidewalk, etc. I finally lost him, but the point is, I was just a Random Dipwad havin some fun on my ZX-9, and the cop acted like he was chasing a serial killer! And nowadays they break off the pursuit with a stolen box truck full of stolen motorcycles...this makes no fukkin sense

Everything I really needed to know, I learned in Schneider School.

Official Organizer of the ADVrider Sandbox Hooligans Anti-FEE Movement

Quoth the Photojournalist: Am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me--WRONG!
ineptizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:10 PM   #3
Philip Kuntz
Fleasy Rider

Oddometer: 4,814
Sure it does, those guys pay the cops.

That said, I was following totally drunk dude one evening after having dinner. He ran red lights, was on the sidewalk, just completely insane. Called the cops on my cell and followed the guy. Got "sorry, he is out of our jurisdiction now, you will have to call OPD? Then I called them, and saw an OPD car, no joy. Followed the guy home, told them where he was. "Sorry, we can't do anything now" Well, no shit, he is safe.
Philip Kuntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:35 PM   #4
Florida Lime OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineptizoid View Post
Hmmm the thieves were in a stolen truck with a buncha stolen motorcycles, I'm guessin they weren't in an F-150 Raptor, doing triple digits tryin to get away. They musta been either in a box truck or pullin a trailer,(I heard it was a box truck, WITH a trailer !) and how fast could they have been going? Can't figure out why the cops woulda stopped the pursuit, or at least radioed ahead for the next county to pick up the chase.
The cops in this county DID radio ahead, but PB county refused to chase. Like the other time I knew about.

Way back in The Twentieth Century I got chased by a local cop in an unmarked car, and that d00d did well over 100 chasin my ass down the interstate, then proceeded to chase me thru a neighborhood...he was driving like a madman in a residential area, drifting thru turns, with kids bicycling down the street, walking on the sidewalk, etc. I finally lost him, but the point is, I was just a Random Dipwad havin some fun on my ZX-9, and the cop acted like he was chasing a serial killer! And nowadays they break off the pursuit with a stolen box truck full of stolen motorcycles...this makes no fukkin sense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Kuntz View Post
Sure it does, those guys pay the cops.
There was a TV news crew that showed up when I was there. I told the shop owner to suggest the same thing during the interview.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:15 AM   #5
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™

Oddometer: 4,901
Those bikes are probably:
A)at the POrt of Miami in a container
B)in said container in the ochin heading out.
From what I've heard, riding a DR feels just like riding a KLR except you're head doesn't sway left and right constantly scanning the ditches for aluminum cans.
Chicken Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:53 PM   #6
Florida Lime OP
Beastly Adventurer

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-mart...-martin-county

There is a video from the security cameras where you can see them ramming the door with a large passenger van, and the huge trailer they towed that Palm Beach county wouldn't chase.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:31 PM   #7
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Oddometer: 864
Thumbs down

Pathetic...what a bunch of Bullshit! No way these Thieves would outrun a Cop ...couldn't they wait till the next Agency joined in....Gives you great confidence in your Police Department!
Old 10-23-2014, 04:15 PM   #8
brewmann
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno33772 View Post
Pathetic...what a bunch of Bullshit! No way these Thieves would outrun a Cop ...couldn't they wait till the next Agency joined in....Gives you great confidence in your Police Department!
It's not the cops fault. The restrictions on running code are the way they are because of lawyers. Unless there is a life on the line, most won't. All it takes is the perpetrator to run a car off the road while being pursued and the officers involved are fucked. More than likely somebody on command staff called it off.

It's sad but, I do not blame them. Most will write it off as being unfortunate, but take it up with your insurance.

We've got nobody to blame but ourselves for letting worthless liberal judges become appointed and elected. That scenario is a dream come true for a lot of folks out there. The same people who walk in front of you in a parking lot HOPING you will run their fat ass over.

brewmann screwed with this post 10-23-2014 at 04:31 PM
brewmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:42 PM   #9
yzmaico
Slacker

Oddometer: 314
Man this SUCKS!!! WMR are such nice people, bought my 500 there, hope this is resolved with a conviction and the bikes back (I know dreaming)
yzmaico is offline   Reply With Quote