ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Who is the Grand Poo-Bah of Chuckleheads?
S.D.H. 11 15.28%
Dr.Z 32 44.44%
ChickenHelmet 12 16.67%
Mug 6 8.33%
Inpet 7 9.72%
Happy the Sheet 5 6.94%
VicO 5 6.94%
Buzztail 13 18.06%
ElusivePedro 4 5.56%
Madhouse 7 9.72%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #901
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 9,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Helmet View Post

Thanks for the use of the wi-fi Dr Z

Should be Spic Inc.

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #902
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™

Oddometer: 4,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post

Should be Spic Inc.
I never was good with the differences between Italians and Mexicans. They both like low cars.
Originally Posted by ineptizoid View Post
Never underestimate the cheapness of a KLRista. We're like the Jedi Knights of frugality. Or something like that.
Chicken Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #903
Philip Kuntz
Fleasy Rider

Oddometer: 4,530
My home network used to be named "Death_To_All_Who_Oppose_Us" a quote from the movie Heavy Metal.

When I changed the name to that, I encrypted it. My neighbor was getting my WIFI, and thought it was his other neighbor. I told him the name of my network the next day, and he couldn't stop laughing. Turns out his wife thought the other neighbor was pissed at them and locked down the network and changed the name. She thought they really hated her because of the name. I gave them the password, because they were friends. I probably f-ed up the story.

Just sayin'...

Philip Kuntz screwed with this post 01-05-2013 at 06:54 PM
Philip Kuntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #904
Mugwest OP

Oddometer: 5,645
Quote:
Ya know something, I've noticed I often get the silent treatment too when I pull up to a dealership on my KLR.
There's a certain local dealer that shall remain un-named (rhymes with 'Smileys') that you can roll up on a variety of GS's, DR's, Conestoga wagons, Sherman tanks etc and they still do the avoidance routine. For going on 20+ years, you see.

I'm just a Random Dipwad's understudy, of course, but when i took Business courses at the University of Don't Shit Where You Eat (East Milton, FL campus), we were taught a cornerstone of a sound Business Model: that customers interested in paying you money were a Good ThingTM.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #905
ineptizoid
Dust. Wind. DUDE!

Oddometer: 4,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest View Post
There's a certain local dealer that shall remain un-named (rhymes with 'Smileys') that you can roll up on a variety of GS's, DR's, Conestoga wagons, Sherman tanks etc and they still do the avoidance routine. For going on 20+ years, you see.

I'm just a Random Dipwad's understudy, of course, but when i took Business courses at the University of Don't Shit Where You Eat (East Milton, FL campus), we were taught a cornerstone of a sound Business Model: that customers interested in paying you money were a Good ThingTM.
Yeah well see I've got this theory: maybe the guys at Smiley's never took any Business courses at U of DSWYE! Or anywhere else, for that matter. That would explain a lot...

Everything I really needed to know, I learned in Schneider School.

Official Organizer of the ADVrider Sandbox Hooligans Anti-FEE Movement

Quoth the Photojournalist: Am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me--WRONG!
ineptizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #906
Scribe
£Bob£

Oddometer: 6,068
Quote:
Ya know something, I've noticed I often get the silent treatment too when I pull up to a dealership on my KLR. About 3 yrs ago, I was visiting the Honda/Yamaha shop I used to buy parts from in my old hometown in VA back when I was a teenager. Pulled up on my KLR, and went inside to check out the operation; hadn't been there in prolly 15 yrs or so, and they had expanded the showroom considerably since then. Was lookin for some stickers (altho I hate stickers). Passed a couple salesmen, who didn't even look my way; made it to the parts counter, asked about stickers (they didn't have any) and made my way back out, pausing to look at the prices on a couple of the bikes. One of the sales guys sez to me, You on the KLR? Yep, sez I. Hmm, sez he, and then goes back to pretending I'm invisible.

Similar scenarios have played out at various dealerships, and every time it has happened I was aboard the KLR. I think word has gotten out to the general populace that us KLRistas are cheap bastards
Interesting. However, I posit that if this is true, then NO new KLRs would ever be sold, because the salesmen would ignore riders of older models, and certainly no one who rides any other kind of bike would be in the market for a KLR. But then again, there are the people who have never ridden before and show up in a car, so maybe I just disproved my whole theory. Damn.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:02 PM   #907
ineptizoid
Dust. Wind. DUDE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
Interesting. However, I posit that if this is true, then NO new KLRs would ever be sold, because the salesmen would ignore riders of older models, and certainly no one who rides any other kind of bike would be in the market for a KLR. But then again, there are the people who have never ridden before and show up in a car, so maybe I just disproved my whole theory. Damn.
Yellow=The Quintessential Truth, RUTH!

See here, ya know what's prolly goin on is this: motorcycle salesmen instinctively know whether or not a d00d is a prospective customer or just a tire-kicker. I've never sold bikes (or anything else, for that matter) for a living but I've gotten that same story from a buncha different salesmen. So maybe the salesmen just have a keenly developed sense vis-a-vis picking up the "vibe" people put out. And I just sorta kinda naturally put out a cheap bastard vibe, and when ya combine that with me rollin into a dealership aboard Ye Olde KLR...well you know the rest. We KLRistas are the Rodney Dangerfields of the motorcycle world, we can't get no respect.

Quoth the Photojournalist: Am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me--WRONG!
Old 01-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #908
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™

Quote:
Yellow=The Quintessential Truth, RUTH!

See here, ya know what's prolly goin on is this: motorcycle salesmen instinctively know whether or not a d00d is a prospective customer or just a tire-kicker. I've never sold bikes (or anything else, for that matter) for a living but I've gotten that same story from a buncha different salesmen. So maybe the salesmen just have a keenly developed sense vis-a-vis picking up the "vibe" people put out. And I just sorta kinda naturally put out a cheap bastard vibe, and when ya combine that with me rollin into a dealership aboard Ye Olde KLR...well you know the rest. We KLRistas are the Rodney Dangerfields of the motorcycle world, we can't get no respect.
Qft
Never underestimate the cheapness of a KLRista. We're like the Jedi Knights of frugality. Or something like that.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:54 AM   #909
ineptizoid
Dust. Wind. DUDE!

This reminds me of myself as a young Chucklehead for some reason

Old 01-07-2013, 05:58 AM   #910
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™

rotflshmsfoaidmt

Chicken Helmet screwed with this post 01-07-2013 at 06:13 AM
Old 01-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #911
ineptizoid
Dust. Wind. DUDE!

Can't decide whether this is an act of Chuckleheadery or not. I'm not a Purist so I don't know what to think about it

Old 01-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #912
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK

Oddometer: 10,495
http://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/tur...sman-challenge

If Lone Wadie rode a motorcycle, he'd be endeavoring to persevere on a KLR, no doubt
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #913
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™

Too long didn't read.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #914
Mini Trail
n°°b

Oddometer: 2,029
Quote:
Can't decide whether this is an act of Chuckleheadery or not. I'm not a Purist so I don't know what to think about it
I love the 953 look but I would point out that Porsche WON the Dakar rally in that car when it actually went to Dakar without a spare tire on the roof or an axe tacked onto the trunk. The seats fold forward for a reason, toss that shit in the back. Mud flaps would have been more authentic.

While we are on the subject and I am tipsy, they had a fuel tank behind the seats in the rally car to augment the cell up front. Gasoline could be pumped back and forth between the two to change the weight distribution. The 953 was a 1984 car only based on the new 911 Carerra with 3.2L Motronic injected engine and an awd system hacked from an Audi Quattro . In 1985 they raced the new awd 959 Groupe B rally based car with the regular 911 engine again. In 1986 they won again, came in second and a third support car still made the top 10 with the full on Twin Turbo, AWD 959. It was like a Lamborghini Gallardo or whatever the hot supercar of today is winning a baja race intended for Broncos, dune buggies and dirt bikes. The 964 "Carrera 4" AWD 911 came out in 1989 with a new body style but Porsche offered a customer rally racing 953 in 1988 with the old body style and the awd drive train from the unreleased Carrera 4. I think they sold one.

Mini Trail screwed with this post 01-09-2013 at 07:48 PM
Mini Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #915
ineptizoid
Dust. Wind. DUDE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini Trail View Post
I love the 953 look but I would point out that Porsche WON the Dakar rally in that car when it actually went to Dakar without a spare tire on the roof or an axe tacked onto the trunk. The seats fold forward for a reason, toss that shit in the back. Mud flaps would have been more authentic.

While we are on the subject and I am tipsy, they had a fuel tank behind the seats in the rally car to augment the cell up front. Gasoline could be pumped back and forth between the two to change the weight distribution. The 953 was a 1984 car only based on the new 911 Carerra with 3.2L Motronic injected engine and an awd system hacked from an Audi Quattro . In 1985 they raced the new awd 959 Groupe B rally based car with the regular 911 engine again. In 1986 they won again, came in second and a third support car still made the top 10 with the full on Twin Turbo, AWD 959. It was like a Lamborghini Gallardo or whatever the hot supercar of today is winning a baja race intended for Broncos, dune buggies and dirt bikes. The 964 "Carrera 4" AWD 911 came out in 1989 with a new body style but Porsche offered a customer rally racing 953 in 1988 with the old body style and the awd drive train from the unreleased Carrera 4. I think they sold one.
Dang Mini for a PUI post that sure reads like a full-on compendium of Porsche history and info...have another drink on me, Professor!