Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 12:23 AM   #211
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Luggage View Post
You are correct about the shipping damage. We did originally drop the ball and was not getting anywhere with the shipping company and have decided to replace his bags with a new set. They are being made right now.
This. Although I haven't seen them yet, I have no reason to doubt them. I actually received a call from Mr. Jesse himself. I wasn't able to answer and actually speak with him but he left me a reassuring message. At this point, im seeing where this goes. Hopefully it ends well. I have to believe Jesse luggage doesn't want negative press and with the internet being what it is I hope they will take care of it. Its a shame it had to happen like this but sometimes mistakes happen. I really want to believe I somehow slipped through the cracks and im an anomaly. Im keeping my fingers crossed because except for this issue, I really do love the bags and I think a set would look great on my new bike in the spring.
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #212
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,325
Maybe a silly question, seeing as Jesse Luggage seems to be hard at work keeping up with demand,
but....

Is there any chance of making some "mini panniers" that will clamp on to the Jesse bracket just like the big boys?
Something about 1/4 the standard size & weight of regular Jesse Bags,
...but just as tough and good looking.

I have made some KLR specials out of 2 foot long, 6" dia ABS pipe, but they look so...cheezy

I just need to carry the everyday "trail stuff" down low;
tubes, pump, tools, water, emergency food and other basic stuff.
I don't wanna carry the big panniers all the time, but I need SOME space,
and my Pelican top box carries the weight up too high for good off-road handling.
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #213
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Oddometer: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Jam View Post
Maybe a silly question, seeing as Jesse Luggage seems to be hard at work keeping up with demand,
but....

Is there any chance of making some "mini panniers" that will clamp on to the Jesse bracket just like the big boys?
Something about 1/4 the standard size & weight of regular Jesse Bags,
...but just as tough and good looking.

I have made some KLR specials out of 2 foot long, 6" dia ABS pipe, but they look so...cheezy

I just need to carry the everyday "trail stuff" down low;
tubes, pump, tools, water, emergency food and other basic stuff.
I don't wanna carry the big panniers all the time, but I need SOME space,
and my Pelican top box carries the weight up too high for good off-road handling.
I will ask the boss:)
Jesse Luggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #214
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,325
Quote:
I will ask the boss:)
Thanks,
Mine is a KTM 990, 2007, with the new-style slide front/back rack system.

I could see the same lids being used, maybe leaning at a 30 or some angle,
but just attach the mini boxes to the lower, narrower rack rail,
to keep the "minis" down low and narrow on the bike overall.

I'd pay, say,...$500 for some mini Jesse panniers that fit on my same rack.
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)

Apple Jam screwed with this post 08-16-2012 at 07:28 AM
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #215
GSMotorrad
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
I paid full price, but received some dented panniers. I never said anything, because Al Jesse always acted like I was bothering him whenever I had a question. His remarks were condescending and rude. He ended up being absolutely worthless, and I had to McGyver it all together with the aide of my local hardware store, and my own creativity. (excuse me for giving you my money, and god forbid I ask for any help) Their customer service is non-existent and the product left a lot to be desired. If I were to do it again, I'd look at other options.
GSMotorrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #216
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMotorrad View Post
Go with the Jesses. They are the best in the world, by far. They are the ultimate. They look the best on Tiger 800's. Anything else will be a waste of your money. Nothing compares. That's why they don't even need a functioning website, or advertising, with huge logos all over their bags. They are like Strider Knives.
Quote:
I paid full price, but received some dented panniers. I never said anything, because Al Jesse always acted like I was bothering him whenever I had a question. His remarks were condescending and rude. He ended up being absolutely worthless, and I had to McGyver it all together with the aide of my local hardware store, and my own creativity. (excuse me for giving you my money, and god forbid I ask for any help) Their customer service is non-existent and the product left a lot to be desired. If I were to do it again, I'd look at other options.
Interesting comparison.
rockinrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:44 PM   #217
Jazz62
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post
Interesting comparison.
I'm guessing the first quote was employing the use of sarcasm.
Jazz62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #218
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Oddometer: 311
Quote:

Are you sure you have the right business and the right person? We have never ever treated anyone the way you are describing. If there is an issue with one of our products you should start with a phone call or email and not bad mouthing us here. If you would like this resolved try calling us 623.878.7113 Monday-Thursday 8-4 or emailing me direct at dealers@jesseluggage.com with pictures.
Sincerely
Chris Canterbury
Jesse Luggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #219
wibby
BrotherFromAnotherMother

Oddometer: 10,545
Quote:

Sure not the Jesse Luggage I've dealt with

Customer service was top notch

My bags showed up missing some hardware. A quick phone call was all that was needed and in a day or two I had everything I needed
Old 08-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #220
fmunson
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibby View Post

My bags showed up missing some hardware. A quick phone call was all that was needed and in a day or two I had everything I needed
Not the Jesse Luggage I dealt with either. When I had a minor issue it was resolved personally and quickly. The panniers themselves are constructed with precision and great skill. I made minor modifications to the mounts to compensate for modifications I had made to the bike and exhaust. This is to be expected; my overall experience was a positive one. Thank you staff and crew of Jesse Luggage IB{]

fmunson screwed with this post 08-28-2012 at 12:07 PM
fmunson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #221
EvanADV
Big Bearded Boy

Oddometer: 1,334
Not sure if you know but the VStrom page on the website has some missing pictures and has no pricing. I know it says under construction, but it's been that way for a while now. If you're selling factory direct only in the US it would probably help to keep the website in top notch shape. Pricing, even ordering, should be accessible online without an email or phone call. It's hard to justify not having that when you look at a competitors site like Happy Trails. I mean no offense, just a friendly heads up.
First Trip on 2 Wheels. 10,000 miles. 21 years old.
NC to Maine for Lobster Dinner
EvanADV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #222
Rick West
Function not Farkles

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by wibby View Post

For me too.

I have purchased 7 sets of luggage from Jesse Luggage over the last few years and have always had excellent service. I have three bikes with Al's bags on them right now. The luggage has always been top quality and I have had several conversations with Al and he has always been great to talk to. One set of Jesse bags were on my 2 year around the world trip and are still going strong for the guy who purchased the bike from me when it was over.

Great company with great service.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #223
wibby
BrotherFromAnotherMother

When my Vstrom finally wears out I plan to look for another just so I can reuse my luggage

Things are tough as nails and nothing looks as good
Old 08-31-2012, 07:50 AM   #224
GSMotorrad
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Are you sure you have the right business and the right person? We have never ever treated anyone the way you are describing. If there is an issue with one of our products you should start with a phone call or email and not bad mouthing us here. If you would like this resolved try calling us 623.878.7113 Monday-Thursday 8-4 or emailing me direct at dealers@jesseluggage.com with pictures.
Sincerely
Chris Canterbury
I have already jumped through your hoops, phone calls and sending pictures directly to Al Jesse, and he was worthless. I love the product, but hate the way I was treated, overall. I'm not going through that again. You already had your chance, and now it's over. I'll use these 'till they disintegrate, but they're my last set.
GSMotorrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:01 AM   #225
wibby
BrotherFromAnotherMother

Quote:
I have already jumped through your hoops, phone calls and sending pictures directly to Al Jesse, and he was worthless. I love the product, but hate the way I was treated, overall. I'm not going through that again. You already had your chance, and now it's over. I'll use these 'till they disintegrate, but they're my last set.