Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #301
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
I will go on record as saying that while I have had a love/irritation relationship with Jesse over the years, mostly over parts issues on cases that don't seem that old to me, that if you make the cases interchangeable between the Triumphs and the Wasserboxer then I'll definitely step forward and buy a new set.

Also, I was able to buy one of the very last of the REALLY big top boxes - the one that needed to be placed over the passenger position and that's where I faithfully mounted mine. I am not holding my breathe but do wish that you'd put those back into production.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #302
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Luggage View Post
We do make the Safari in a 9" size....
Didn't like the "coffin-like" look of the higher lids and that the lids were coming up to high compared to the seat.
cug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #303
EvanADV
Big Bearded Boy

Oddometer: 1,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired View Post
Few quick questions...

I have an 07 Vstrom 1000 now with your panniers on it. I'm debating selling it and stepping to the 650 Vstrom.

1. I'm pretty sure I could keep the same panniers for both bikes, correct?
  2. Are the racks/panniers between the older 650s (2011 & older) and the new 2012+ 650s the same?
  3. About how much would just a rack set cost?
I'm trying to decide if I want to sell the bike w/ the panniers and just buy new ones when I get my new bike, keep the panniers and just buy racks, just sell the racks, etc...
You'd probably get more money if you sold the bike and luggage separately. Or offer to include it for what you would sell it for, minus a little for convenience. In my experience I always make more that way.

To answer your question, they sell the racks for $300. The cases look to be the same. Not sure if the racks are. They have a sepearte page on their site for the 2012, which leads me to believe the racks may be different.

http://www.jesseluggage.com/suzuki-2012-650.html
First Trip on 2 Wheels. 10,000 miles. 21 years old.
NC to Maine for Lobster Dinner
EvanADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:14 AM   #304
Wired
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanADV View Post
You'd probably get more money if you sold the bike and luggage separately. Or offer to include it for what you would sell it for, minus a little for convenience. In my experience I always make more that way.

To answer your question, they sell the racks for $300. The cases look to be the same. Not sure if the racks are. They have a sepearte page on their site for the 2012, which leads me to believe the racks may be different.

http://www.jesseluggage.com/suzuki-2012-650.html
Thanks for your input. I've considered that, but then I'm worried I might have to pay shipping which could get expensive for their size. We'll see though.
"I'm going to play with ninjas, you go to the kitchen."
Wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:11 AM   #305
eebrumfi
eebrumfi

Oddometer: 51
How do i get my ADV Rider discount when ordering?
Old 02-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #306
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Oddometer: 304
Quote:
Few quick questions...

I have an 07 Vstrom 1000 now with your panniers on it. I'm debating selling it and stepping to the 650 Vstrom.

1. I'm pretty sure I could keep the same panniers for both bikes, correct?
  2. Are the racks/panniers between the older 650s (2011 & older) and the new 2012+ 650s the same?
  3. About how much would just a rack set cost?
I'm trying to decide if I want to sell the bike w/ the panniers and just buy new ones when I get my new bike, keep the panniers and just buy racks, just sell the racks, etc...

The 2012 DL650 panniers and mounts are different. And your bike being a 2007, it may have Odyssy 1 bags, which would be totally different mount system. We started changing over from Ody 1 to Ody II in 2007 so without seeing them, I can't tell. But pretty much either way, they won't easily work.
Jesse Luggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #307
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by eebrumfi View Post
How do i get my ADV Rider discount when ordering?
The discount expired 01/31/2013.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #308
jayfredweb
n00b

Oddometer: 7

I was behind this guy on a recent ride. I am finally sold! I really dig the lowered muffler look with the new Odyssey II Low Pipe Luggage.

I'm thinking of this same setup with the new Lid Racks, plus I'll probably install the rear compartment and solo plate, for the times I need to take off the luggage.

When the time comes, should be soon, I would love to have your guys assist with the install, to make sure everything is done right.

Do you have the ability to custom powder coat the mounts? I think I saw a picture somewhere on this forum, where someone did them in red to match the Rallye frame. That is what I want.

What is the best way to contact you guys when I'm ready to put a package together?
jayfredweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #309
eebrumfi
eebrumfi

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
The discount expired 01/31/2013.
Well,, create a new discount..:)

eebrumfi screwed with this post 02-15-2013 at 05:34 PM
eebrumfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #310
Wired
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
The 2012 DL650 panniers and mounts are different. And your bike being a 2007, it may have Odyssy 1 bags, which would be totally different mount system. We started changing over from Ody 1 to Ody II in 2007 so without seeing them, I can't tell. But pretty much either way, they won't easily work.
Figures. I have they Odyssy IIs.

Now I'm really not sure what to do. I doubt I'll get a 2012 or newer bike, but once I keep the panniers I'm sure to get a 2012+. That whole karma thing. Thanks for the info.

You say the panniers and mounts are different, yet when I look at your webpage it shows the Ody II on a 2012. Now I'm really confused.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #311
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfredweb View Post
.........When the time comes, should be soon, I would love to have your guys assist with the install, to make sure everything is done right.

Do you have the ability to custom powder coat the mounts? I think I saw a picture somewhere on this forum, where someone did them in red to match the Rallye frame. That is what I want.

What is the best way to contact you guys when I'm ready to put a package together?
If you're willing to pay for the plane tix, food, lodging, entertainment etc... we'd be happy to come up to vegas to help with install.

We can do custom powder on the mounts. We'd need at least 3 weeks lead time, and a short word of warning, powder coat does NOT match up well with many colors. It's not like paint at Home Depot where they computer match the colors.

And best way to reach us is the telephone. We're open M-Th from 8 AM to 4PM, AZ time, which is MST year around. If we're busy, leave a message.
623 878 7113
Old 02-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #312
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Quote:
......You say the panniers and mounts are different, yet when I look at your webpage it shows the Ody II on a 2012. Now I'm really confused.
I'll try to confuzzle you a little more. Please notice that your existing bags have a 2 inch underhang on them, (what we call standard 8") Suzuki changed the rear end of the 2012 650s, and the pix on our website, show bags that do NOT have the 2 inch underhang. They're straight backed without the extra on the bottom. We had to do this to accomadate the changes in the rear, i.e. pipe, subframe. So they are Ody II's, but different Ody II's. Does this help at all?

Jesse Luggage
Old 02-19-2013, 10:49 AM   #313
Wired
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I'll try to confuzzle you a little more. Please notice that your existing bags have a 2 inch underhang on them, (what we call standard 8") Suzuki changed the rear end of the 2012 650s, and the pix on our website, show bags that do NOT have the 2 inch underhang. They're straight backed without the extra on the bottom. We had to do this to accomadate the changes in the rear, i.e. pipe, subframe. So they are Ody II's, but different Ody II's. Does this help at all?

Jesse Luggage
Sure does. I see the difference now. Looks like I won't be keeping my current panniers then. Thanks!
Old 02-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #314
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,380
I'm working over here for a while in Phoenix. I think I need to stop by for a visit, maybe some parts.

This set has around 186,000 miles on them.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:09 AM   #315
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head View Post
I'm working over here for a while in Phoenix. I think I need to stop by for a visit, maybe some parts.....
We're here 8 to 4 or so, Monday thru Thursday. Come on by...